• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NicolaFan06

I'm not seeing any such error, and other people have already viewed it elsewhere with no issues, so it sounds like a problem at your end

NicolaFan06

Sounds very much like a routing or DNS error then, give it an hour or two and poke it again, it may just clear up on it's own

Edit: Got confirmation of a network issue from the hosting company, so it's just a case of waiting if you can't view it right now, and it'll work at some point later on when everything refreshes itself

NicolaFan06

Glad you like it, when I've discussed it a bit more with the rest of the team (This is part of the track pack being developed for the District Line project over at UKTS), I'll see if I can throw out some up to date shots from the rest of the LUL track system, since that one is slightly out of date.

christopher

Yeah sounds cool, today ive really noticed how hard it is to make a route without the LU 4th rail curves and tunnels especially trying to make sub - surface stations/junctions :sad:.

NicolaFan06

Sadly very true, there's the 4th rail texture for xtracks which seems to get some usage, but to be honest, I'm not really a fan of it - it doesn't really look that good when you run the sim. I'm honestly surprised nobody has done this before now, given how things have changed since we got things like UK FineScale etc. it really makes xtracks seem very dated.

Since the start of this year, I've put together just under 250 new track shapes specifically for the underground in 4th rail, along with the tsection.dat entries so Jimi can use them for the District line instead of XTracks, but the track pack will also get a separate release when it's finished as well. I've gone to a lot of care to add a lot more detail where performance allows as well, the wires in the shot above for example are actually modeled rather than textured onto the walls, and in the twin-track pieces, the trackbed has had some extra detail added to add a bit more realism, as well as doing the insulator pots in actual 3D rather than as alpha textures.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A proper development thread with more info on the new track system is up over at UK Train Sim now - http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=260&t=83400

Anyone interested might want to take a look, and I'll answer queries if anyone has any.

louis97

Established Member
Could you post some more screenshots of Depots and maybe a video<D because i really like your route and can't wait for it to be complete.

sjbve

Sorry for the long time without any news.
I have decided to release the route as it is right now.
Here is the route progress at this point:

progresstl6.jpg

The scenery between Golders Green and Edgware will be completed in a later release of the route.

To release the route now, I first need to contact Steve Green, creator of ther BVE Northern Line, as I have used textures from it.
Also, I need to contact Jimi Ibbett, creator of the MSTS District route, as I have used some objects from it (buildings, signals, etc.).
Does anyone have the Email adresses of Steve Green and Jimi Ibbett?

As soon as I have permission from them, the route will be released!:grin:

Dave91

Sorry but i don't know there e-mails :(
My advice is to pm the Moderators off TSC and to PM Drjimi on UKtrainsim forum.

sjbve

I have got Jimi Ibbett's email adress (recieved it via the christrains.nl forum), and have send him a message. :grin:
Now I still need the email adress of Steve Green.

sjbve

Today I tried to cmpress the route for distribution.

After 4 attempts, which all caused a fatal crash at some point (luckely I made backups before beginning the procedure), I gave up for today.
There must be something wrong with this "Route_Riter"-programm, as I followed the instructions to the letter.

I will try again tomorrow.
Perhaps I should skip some compression-steps in Route_Riter. That will increase the size of the final download, but could increase the chance of a succesfull installation of the route in MSTS.

Dave91

I don't know that much about this progress but maybe you could make a zipfile with winzip. :???:

Last edited:

sjbve

I have just got permission from the creators of the BVE Northern Line (I have used there station-textures to build my underground stations) to release the route.

I have pakkaged the route and I am trying to upload to train-sim.com right now.
The file ("MSTS_Northernline.rar") is approx. 61 MB.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Upload complete. It should be available for download on that site within 1-2 days.
Have fun with it!

Last edited:

Dave91

I have just tested the route and i think it looks great.
You only have forgotten to make lights in the underground station when you drive msts in night mode. (it's a bit dark lol:roll:)

I just have one question.
Which program have you used to convert the textures from bve to msts???

christopher

You're welcome.

I see a discussion on 4th rail tracks. How exactly did you do that? If is is not to much work, perhaps I could convert my surface tracks with this?

2552048055_992a1bac4c.jpg

Well i started doing it if you don't mind ill carry on but it requires ALL of the route to be rebuilt :shock::shock:

sjbve

2552048055_992a1bac4c.jpg

Well i started doing it if you don't mind ill carry on but it requires ALL of the route to be rebuilt :shock::shock:

No, I do not mind, as these tracks are a good improvement. Just do not release the route with the modifications yourself. But let's decide how to do that when the time comes.

I will stop working on the route for now (just temporary), to avoid problems when trying to integrate different versions of the route together.
I am about graduate from college in the next few weeks, so there isn't a lot of time to build on the route anyway.
Keep me posted on procedings. ;)

NicolaFan06

Catch you're going to run into with that method is that all the signals will need stripping and re-placing, and there's no ukfs 4th rail corners, ie. you'll have to manually do every curve in dynamic track.

Once the LUL track pack is finished, there will be an automated conversion available which should be able to convert about 90% of the route automatically without needing to rebuild almost anything, and replace the tunnels with proper track pieces rather than having to overlay an additional series of objects on top of the real track giving you smoother curves. http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=260&t=83400 is the thread with the status of the track pack in.

Also, did you ever manage to get anything back from DrJimi about the District Line objects?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.