• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

philmorrison

Hi guys, since downloading the northern line route and stock my msts has stopped working.

I get an error message when I start the programme involving "error reading train database file. line 265"

or something similar.

I then click 'ok' and the game shuts down.

Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drsatan

Established Member
When downloading the rolling stock suitable for the route, did you install any cabviews and sound files required?

Also, you may get more responses if you ask the same question at this forum: www.uktrainsim.com. Just click on "forum" at the top of the page. It has over 15,000 users so you might get more answers!

philmorrison

I have the bin installed, (at least I think I have due to it saying 'you have the latest bin installed' if I try and re-install it) plus the 1970's carriages.

I can get 'explore route' to work using the old carriages if I haven't got the new stock installed but as soon as I install them the whole programme doesn't work.

Hmmm

Nope, only thing that got me about it was the slowness of the built in zip extractor in windows XP! Got 7-zip now though, great program- very fast to extract and you can create super compressed 7z archives!

For example, a highly compressed zip took up (near as makes no difference)60MB on my HDD, but a ultra compressed 7z file (exactly the same in all respects) took up (near as makes no difference) 45MB

There you have it - much better!

:( Help

Im still having problems , im running on Vista with MSTS and a few add on's, would love to download some underground lines and trains but im stumped :(

Drsatan

Established Member
:( Help

Im still having problems , im running on Vista with MSTS and a few add on's, would love to download some underground lines and trains but im stumped :(

Simple:D

Go to www.uktrainsim.com, go to the download libary, select your route, then download it. Download speed is restricted to 4kb/s unless you pay a subscription, or buy a community CD from them for about £4 which gives you a months' subscription.

Make sure you have the v1.2 patch for MSTS installed as well as MSTSbin.

When you've done that post any issues arising from my instructions.

Simple:D

Go to www.uktrainsim.com, go to the download libary, select your route, then download it. Download speed is restricted to 4kb/s unless you pay a subscription, or buy a community CD from them for about £4 which gives you a months' subscription.

Make sure you have the v1.2 patch for MSTS installed as well as MSTSbin.

When you've done that post any issues arising from my instructions.

Where do I find the V.1.2 Patch and MSTSbin ?:(

Drsatan

Established Member

timez82

How can I get the rail driver tubes to drive? :( i looked on the net but cant find them anywhere.

also when i run route riter and do a check it says...

* 95TS_HighBarnet-KenningtonRD.con called by C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\Northernline\SERVICES\s1.srv is missing from your Consists folder *

any ideas?

could this be linked to the other error message i get when i run Edgware to Morden?

* Failed to initilize car <200024> rigidbody *

(I know your gonna say read the faq - but when I try to open the activity in activity editor - it crashes :(

also when i try to run the kennigton to high barnet activity it says locomotive "UNKNOWN!" in the train sim and then if i try and load it, it says -

* Error reading train database file
File: Trains\Consists\95TS_HighBarnet-KenningtonRD.con

Sorry this is so full of errors lol but thats whats coming up - the other activities work fine - and I love this route :) its what train sim is all about

Thank you

Timez

Status
Not open for further replies.