• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis97

Established Member
How long till you start continuing the route to Edgware?

the route is smashing and i can't wait for it final completion to Edgware!

May i ask what going on with the DLR route on the Track Plan?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjbve

Also, did you ever manage to get anything back from DrJimi about the District Line objects?

I got permission from DrJimi about a week before the release of the route. The route was uploaded to the internet only minutes after permission from Steve Green (for use of some of the textures from the BVE Northernline) was recieved.

louis97 said:
How long till you start continuing the route to Edgware?
the route is smashing and i can't wait for it final completion to Edgware!
May i ask what going on with the DLR route on the Track Plan?

I have not decided about the line to Edgware yet. I will probably be when I know more about this conversion to 3rd+4th rail tracks.

But at the moment, I am busy with my graduation, which is in a few weeks.
I got 4 months to design a completely new timetable for the entire Dutch railway system. That time is almost up. It is not difficult, and I like doing it, but it is a lot of work. The most difficult part is the aim to plan a train (an Intercity ánd a local train) every ten minutes on the main routes, and a train every fifteen minutes on the rest of the network. And I have to do it without causing conflicts on the available infrastructure!

About the DLR-tracks in the route; I build them to try the MSTS DLR-train I found on the internet. I have no further special plans for these tracks.

I am thinking of building a padded-cell steamtrain, and the station "King William Street" (the tracks are allready there), but also that will have to wait until after my graduation.

louis97

Established Member
Nice idea for the King William Street branch, Can't wait. But it looks like i'll have too!

Downloaded the route on saturday, but i haven't got on to the Bank Branch at all! To much to drive and station lots of stations to admir. :P

I'm Insane

Hi, I've just downloaded the route and just getting xtracks now cos i lost it when my computer died on me. I hope it doesn't take too long cos i want to test the route.

DiamonDEyE

*Round of Applause*

I am amazed that someone else is doing another route for MSTS with full detail. I cant wait either, i was itching to leave a comment of thanks.

Looking forward to Dr Jimi's District Line, it runs like a charm - It's a pity that the BR Routes are overly intensive (great but dumming down the gfx really takes away from the realism :( )

rockstar676

Is it an addon to a commercial route, because you might need and actual route before addon.

(e.g. In order to use the SWT slammer packs you need to have the dorset coast V4 or more).

timez

i have searched for the northan line file and cannot find it anywhere - even a search of google only brings up this forum :(

sjbve

i have searched for the northan line file and cannot find it anywhere - even a search of google only brings up this forum :(

The route can be downloaded from train-sim.com.
The search-link: http://www.train-sim.com/file.php?c...rn+line&fname=&sortby=Date&sortdir=descending

By the way; I have decided to resume work on the line. It will not be fast (I have a busy job) but I will post updates.
A small bonus; This weekend I added the Waterloo & City line to the route, which is now about 85% complete.;)

sjbve

Scenery is now complete around Burnt Oak and between Burnt Oak and Edgware.
Next steps will be continuing building scenery between Burnt Oak and Golders Green, and completing the scenery around Edgware.;)

And as you are used to from me; the next progress map (note the Waterloo and City line is now included in the route):

Last edited:

sjbve

Yesterday I almost reached Colindale. Today I had no time, but tomorrow I'll aim to get the scenery complete to Colindale (seen from edgware). If succesfull, You'll get some new screenshots.;)

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I haven't come as far as I had hoped, but far enough to show some new screenshots:

Approach Burnt Oak, comming from Edgware:

Surroundings at Burnt Oak:

On route from Burnt Oak to Colindale:

Approaching Colindale (with in the middle the reverse siding):

A few hours of building later:

Station Colindale:

On route to Hendon Central, the train passes Hendon Police Academy (work in progress):

Last edited:

sjbve

Awesome Progress!
Any chance of any announcement system?

An announcement system? You mean the station announcements while driveing the route? I have tried that earlier with the "metro tool" from Retmetro.nl (the Rotterdam subway system for MSTS can be found there).
This tool can be used for changing the destination display of the subwaytrains found on that website, changing the displays above the platforms in the corresponding MSTS-route, and... operating the station announcements.
When I inputted announcements from the Northern Line, I tried it in MSTS. It did work, but the MSTS tube trains are so noisy, you can barely hear the announcements. The volume was just to low.

I just inputted some more time on the route, and it is now finished until Hendon tunnel.
Tomorow I will try to make a short movie (Edgware-Hendon). If succesfull, I will upload it to youtube.;)

Last edited:

louis97

Established Member
okay, cant wait till its released with the route up to Edgware.

Good work =]

DJC_158

well i have to say after watching that video- its looking really good this route- keep up the good work :D

sjbve

I am now working on the surroundings of station Hendon Central. Not very much progress to report today.;)

Today I finished the surrounding scenery of Hendon Central. Only the station itself needs more work.
Here is the latest progress report:

Last edited:

sjbve

Today's update: De scenery is complete to halfway Brent Cross and Golders Green (except for stations Brent Cross and Hendon Central themselfs).;)

Question; does anyone have good station shapes for those stations (and Golders Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.