• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Turbostar 170 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 170300 was an example as I said, wasn't planning on being acurate! :)

I probably will include an additional un-realistic buzzer for the hard to hear poeple.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Harsh, sir. ;)

I had to turn my MacBook volume right up high in order to be able to hear the guards buzzer, can hear the driver-to-guard fine, mainly due to the fans on the MacBook, they can get quite loud.

Still, at least there is progress to be made in resolving the issue. Out of interest Zane, what were the sample units that you used to record the sounds?

One thing, I do not design my trains to work on laptop speakers their all designed fully for stereo head sets or -5.0 speakers.

All sounds recorded from 170/2s as ONE don't operate /3s. But driving physics and cab are based on /3, this is so that they run more realistically on NWMs.

T

Tom

One thing, I do not design my trains to work on laptop speakers their all designed fully for stereo head sets or -5.0 speakers.
Surely it is better to provide for all rather than a select few? I'm particularly pointing out that by using that viewpoint you are disadvantaging a lot of BVE users.

All sounds recorded from 170/2s as ONE don't operate /3s. But driving physics and cab are based on /3, this is so that they run more realistically on NWMs.
In that case, following your delightful PM demanding me to be far more cheerful on the forum and pleasant towards you and your team who I apparently insulted without even aiming any insults at (let's get Jono around, eh?), that you attempt to record sounds from a /3 unit?

I'm sure if you ask around that drivers will be more than happy to help to provide you with realistic sounds, after all, the first line on your website is "Changing the way you drive by presenting you realistic trains"

Because someone has moaned at me, these are my own views and I'm simply trying to provide suggestions on how to make the trains better - after all if Owen vs Saxton never happened.... in fact, nah...

nutter

The 170 is fantastic, especially the little things like the working wiper on the right hand window.

What people sometimes have to remember is zane and the team do this in their spare time for NO profit, we should be greatful that they bother at all. As for the speaker thing, a £10 set of ear phones from argos will see you straight no problem

D9521

Well im not hear to complain really the 170 is great except for like Tom said i don't see how a buzzer can be that quiet and in my words "Unlike any buzzer ive ever heard" i was on 170397 a few weeks ago and that sounded like any other buzzer but nothing like what this one sounds like but besides that good job pity i had to post it here for being banned over something pointless which i won't go into :D

Turbostar

The 170 is fantastic, especially the little things like the working wiper on the right hand window.

What people sometimes have to remember is zane and the team do this in their spare time for NO profit, we should be greatful that they bother at all. As for the speaker thing, a £10 set of ear phones from argos will see you straight no problem

At last, someone who understands what's done at BVE Railnetwork! :|

D9521

Most people understand but without criticism a train cannot be perfected to its very best :roll:

T

Tom

The buzzer should at least be audible, it is far more audible on Zane's sample recordings than the train itself, for instance.

Jord

I downloaded it and tried to run it but i had a blue windscreen but can see the cab but not in from of me, it was blue. How can i sort this?

Reece Bolton

Tom, your making yourself look stupid. There are members saying they like the train and the buzzer is fine, but still you choose to persist on critisicing work.
If you don't like it, DON'T DRIVE IT!!! There is nothing wrong with the buzzer. I use BVE on my laptop and even without speakers plugged in the buzzer is very noticable.

I think someones going deaf!! I would get my hearing checked if I were you :lol: I know a lot of drivers from the railway, a few of which do actually drive 170's. I played the original recording to them, and then played it in BVE. They were actually shocked at how realistic it was (as it was driver varified) they had a drive themselves. :lol:

Maybe you should just chill out a bit. Because looking at what you put in your replies today, has nothing to do with what other people are saying. You seem to be putting YOUR members asside who have things to say and carrying on with your childish ways.

Sorry to put it so bluntly.

Craig

Established Member
First one is a single buzz note I did in the depot;
http://www.bverailnetwork.co.uk/my_space/buzzer170_real.mp3

But please, instead of slagging off BVERN and TSC on posts of released trains, just create a thread for it.

How can you record that on the depot Zane considering you aren't a conductor or indeed in the employ of any railway company? Verified by management and other National Express Employees.

Also, I don't see anyone slagging off TSC here? I think I can see why people might take the mick out of BVERN with several useless banners appearing on people's signature and somewhat of an arrogant attitude in a lot of posts by people with this in their signature. I think you should concentrate on your flying career or newborn before BVE, if either are indeed true!

It's a BVE site, not the most important thing in the world and if you can't take criticism don't publish, simple! I think we've learnt that in BVE already.... appears you haven't?

The Snap

Established Member
Tom, your making yourself look stupid. There are members saying they like the train and the buzzer is fine, but still you choose to persist on critisicing work.
If you don't like it, DON'T DRIVE IT!!! There is nothing wrong with the buzzer. I use BVE on my laptop and even without speakers plugged in the buzzer is very noticable.

I think someones going deaf!! I would get my hearing checked if I were you :lol: I know a lot of drivers from the railway, a few of which do actually drive 170's. I played the original recording to them, and then played it in BVE. They were actually shocked at how realistic it was (as it was driver varified) they had a drive themselves. :lol:

Maybe you should just chill out a bit. Because looking at what you put in your replies today, has nothing to do with what other people are saying. You seem to be putting YOUR members asside who have things to say and carrying on with your childish ways.

Sorry to put it so bluntly.

Although it may come accross as childish, he is still entitled to his opinion, and is entitled to voice it.

AlexS

Established Member
Those recordings to me sound as if they were recorded from behind the cab bulkhead, as opposed to in the cab.

Now, bar these issues it's a very nice train, but I do agree that the buzzer is far louder in the recording than in the game.

Tom B

Established Member
Righty ho.

Mod note

I don't want this turning into another x vs. the railnetwork clan argument, so it stops now.

If you wish to bicker, the PM facility can be found at the top of your page.

Have a nice day.

The Snap

Established Member
Yeah well, critisism which is given like that isn't at all acceptable. Craig, Are you really a TOC owner? Seems very hard to believe.

Are you? Are BRN? No.

IIRC Zane works (or did work) for ONE as a conductor, and has a cab pass - that's how he get's his sound.

T

Tom

Tom, your making yourself look stupid.
So?
There are members saying they like the train and the buzzer is fine, but still you choose to persist on critisicing work.
So? As Rich said, I'm allowed to have an opinion.
OMG LOLZOR. One point to remember, I do like the 170, I think the buzzer is totally unrealistic and ****e though.

I think someones going deaf!! I would get my hearing checked if I were you :lol:
My hearing is fine.
I know a lot of drivers from the railway, a few of which do actually drive 170's.
Really? So do I!
I played the original recording to them, and then played it in BVE. They were actually shocked at how realistic it was (as it was driver varified) they had a drive themselves. :lol:
Do you really need to show off with every production its driver varified [sic] - I have asked a few of my mates as well and they seem to think its unrealistic, for a /3, that is.

Maybe you should just chill out a bit. Because looking at what you put in your replies today, has nothing to do with what other people are saying.
So as the owner, I HAVE to bear in mind everyones thoughts on this forum? Erm, no, I'm allowed to have a brain, whereas most of the RailNetwork "followers" (it's like Scientology, one bad word and you get castrated!) seem to think of Zane as a god, and the majority of other BVE 'people' seem to think that Zane is forcing through releases like no tomorrow without checking that it is representative of the entire class. Had BVERN (why BVERN out of interest? it says you develop for Rail Simulator as well) designed it for a specific unit (such as the 144) then that would be fine, but it wasn't so should be representative of the entire class should it not?
You seem to be putting YOUR members asside who have things to say and carrying on with your childish ways.
See above, I don't have to follow everyone elses thoughts. I'm allowed my own thoughts and you're being childish for continuing the argument are you not? You could quite easily show me up and just end it - however, I'm allowed to have a brain and I'm allowed to complain. BVERN claim to have realistic trains, but not representative of an entire subclass of train it seems - not so realistic then is it?

D9521

Reece im not even sure why you work at RN all you seem to do is make them look bad..

The Snap

Established Member
Righty ho.

Mod note

I don't want this turning into another x vs. the railnetwork clan argument, so it stops now.

If you wish to bicker, the PM facility can be found at the top of your page.

Have a nice day.

LMAO :lol:.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yeah well, critisism which is given like that isn't at all acceptable. Craig, Are you really a TOC owner? Seems very hard to believe.

TOC Owner is just one of the forum ranks based on how many posts you have made

Craig

Established Member

Why isn't it acceptable? Because BVERN decides not? GET OVER YOURSELVES.

That's just a forum thing relevant to how many posts you have achieved I thought. So no, I don't own a TOC and I don't claim to, unlike Zane... ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
IIRC Zane works (or did work) for ONE as a conductor, and has a cab pass - that's how he get's his sound.

Don't be fooled!

He claims he's a conductor and works for one but he was infact employed as station summer relief a year or two back. He is currently not in the employ of ONE or National Express. Very few guards have cab passes officially.

Tom B

Established Member
Calm down guys, this is a "professional" forum after all.

D9521

Ahh joy :P it would seem that Rail Network arn't particulary popular right now lol not that i care cause i was banned for posting about jono's mtu sound clip. Ah well zanes loss :)

David

Established Member
Admin Notice

All the arguing over a simple thing stops now. Use the PM facility, or better still, take it of the forum completely.

D9521

Ladies and gentleman if you would like to argue without the hassle of PM's then my signature should be read

mbonwick

Established Member
I think this is going a bit far.
Yes BVERN have acted in a very childish manner
But hould we stoop to their level?

D9521

Ok, just to let everyone know im not actually serious it's just a joke if you visit my website there is no official we dislike anything just a simple post to argue in

Status
Not open for further replies.