• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two Forum Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
1: Why is there no "support" section to the forum for queries? The general section isn't exactly support.

2: Maybe there should be a child-board under the "National Railways > General" section for disruption info. While I appreciate members are discouraged from speculating, there is an increase in topics in the general section which are just about disruption.

Thank you for reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
The admin announcements section usually has information of changes/problems on the forum.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We do not have a specific 'support' section and I am personally not sure there is a need for such an area - we do of course welcome suggestions, however! (either in this General Discussion section or via PM/the contact form)

I'm personally not sure a dedicated 'Disruption' sub-forum is necessary, as such topics often diverge as to discussing the cause more generally, and as such would be useful to have within NR General directly. Would be interested to hear others' thoughts on this though.

(Please note the above is personal opinion, which does not necessarily tally with other members of the forum team!)

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I think maybe not a whole sub-forum but a sticky would be good, for 'live' updates of disruption, without gossip as to the cause. I certainly would find it more useful if caught up in it, especially when you bear in mind how bad information on-board can be.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think maybe not a whole sub-forum but a sticky would be good, for 'live' updates of disruption, without gossip as to the cause. I certainly would find it more useful if caught up in it, especially when you bear in mind how bad information on-board can be.

My issue with that is that discussion would naturally follow any updates on such a thread, and in any case, in my opinion there's no point just duplicating the NRE service disruption info! :)

Crossover

Established Member

I can see it turning into a nightmare to moderate though as chances are, it would also end up going general.

I find one of the best sources of info to be NRE on Facebook - can quickly glance through and find out about any problems on a route I am on/taking

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I am with Mike395 on this one. This forum is not a substitute for NRE for live service running information. We are not in competition with NRE and therefore should not seek to create an area dedicated to such purpose.

If by "support" section you mean queries regarding technical issues or other problems when using the forum then you are more than welcome to get in touch with the staff team. We aim to respond promptly to any question.

Status
Not open for further replies.