• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using on Oyster on train and then tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

Agreed. Are you sure you definitely touched out at a validator set for exit?

If you touched at a validator set for entry then it would charge another max fare (although if you touched out again within 2 mins this would be cancelled).

If you touched at a barrier set for exit and it did not complete the journey, and the maximum journey time had not elapsed then it is theoretically possible that the machine at the tube station had somehow prevented the journey being completed. But it doesn't sound right, as in that does not seem correct. Not saying you are definitely mistaken but if there is a possibility you touched at an entry validator then that could explain it?
I am not sure, at the time there were two or three validators which as far as I knew were both for entry and exit. I would be curious to replicate the situation but it's difficult now that barriers are at West Hampstead Thameslink.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am not sure, at the time there were two or three validators which as far as I knew were both for entry and exit. I would be curious to replicate the situation but it's difficult now that barriers are at West Hampstead Thameslink.
The barriers were open when I was last there at approx 2130.

34D

Established Member
The barriers were open when I was last there at approx 2130.

Yes, but there are still separate pads for entry and exit, as opposed to a stand-alone reader.

Does west hampstead overground have barriers now? That might be a good way to check it?

I think the circumstance is journey from A to B, touch in at A, don't touch out at B, walk to another station near B and touch on ticket machine there, go back to B and touch on a stand-alone reader, then an entry is recognised instead of the expected exit.

John @ home

Established Member
I think the circumstance is journey from A to B, touch in at A, don't touch out at B, walk to another station near B and touch on ticket machine there, go back to B and touch on a stand-alone reader, then an entry is recognised instead of the expected exit.
To replicate the original circumstances, it is also necessary that another station near B must be a tube station.

34D

Established Member
To replicate the original circumstances, it is also necessary that another station near B must be a tube station.

And possibly that B station is national rail (which for oyster purposes doesn't include LOROL).

Bowes Park / Bounds Green may fit the bill.

John55

I hope the OP realises by changing to Thameslink at London Bridge and walking from St Pancras TL it only costs £2.40.

Status
Not open for further replies.