• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains offer female staff £20 to buy a new bra

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmanche

Established Member
Or as the bitterwallet.com article headline says "It's a Virgin Trains DE-BRA-CLE".

The latest uniforms for Virgin’s female train staff feature short, skimpy red blouses that are almost see through. As a result, employees have been complaining that unless they wear a red bra, their underwear is clearly visible through the material.

Seems that they've been (ahem) busted in their use of cheap uniforms...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Or as the article headline says "It's a Virgin Trains DE-BRA-CLE".

"The latest uniforms for Virgin’s female train staff feature short, skimpy red blouses that are almost see through. As a result, employees have been complaining that unless they wear a red bra, their underwear is clearly visible through the material."
I'd offer to do the fitting......now where's that tape measure !

455driver

Veteran Member
Show some respect.

I am sure he will warm his hands first! ;)

Where hasn't he at?

Just a joke.

More like a storm in a D cup!;)

Sorry!:lol:

Seriously though-
One may ask why the material is so thin/see through, any decent uniform should respect the wearers modesty at all times, what happens if this uniform gets wet?

ridiculous state of affairs.

Last edited:

High Dyke

Established Member
Show some respect.
Oh i'm sure he would warm his hands first... ;)

It isn't quite a laughing matter though. EMT offer uniform skirts with wool in - the Mem can't wear that sort, so her line managaer does allow her to purchase suitable trousers and claim the money back.

The sizing of uniform is also questionable - the cut of the material can vary from supplier to supplier.

route:oxford

Established Member
Bra, T-shirt, blouse. Sorted and should hide tattoos too.

Most men wear a t-shirt under their work shirts too. It stops anti-perspirants staining the shirt and keeps things fresher all day.

westv

Established Member
Most men wear a t-shirt under their work shirts too. It stops anti-perspirants staining the shirt and keeps things fresher all day.

Do they? I never have - would be far too hot in the summer.
Or do you mean people who work on the railway?

Last edited:

craigwilson

Do they? I never have - would be far too hot in the summer.
Or do you mean people who work on the railway?

Quite, I never do usually - wearing more than one layer under a lab coat, and I'd be sweating like a pig. Lab coats are by their very nature not designed to be "breathable".

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Gentlemen I think the jokes gone on long enough now, can we get back to the topic?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Any more warm hands in this thread and there will be a fire risk.

I think some people on here need hosing down with cold water urgently. And I don't mean the staff with their see through tops!

amcluesent

Just in case anyone was wondering what the new uniform (and FC staff) looked like.

640793a0dfd8b6ef10994b6005da45b7

High Dyke

Established Member
Thanks Nan. In fairness i can see the outline of undergarments, but not the actual contents themselves... :(

So unless i'm missing something... what seems to be the problem? Apart from the fact that the employer will have tried to procure the stock for the cheapest possible price, which may mean a reduction in quality it looks fine to me. I suppose the real test will be under normal working conditions. It does look stupid without a proper collar though.

jon0844

Veteran Member
What about those shoes? Sexy, yes, but I hope these people will never need to get out and walk on ballast in an emergency.

Lrd

Established Member
What about those shoes? Sexy, yes, but I hope these people will never need to get out and walk on ballast in an emergency.
I would hope that on train crew have more suitable shoes than station staff!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Surely the real question is why are Virgin Trains staff on the EMT concourse at St Pancakes?

transmanche

Established Member
Thanks Nan. In fairness i can see the outline of undergarments, but not the actual contents themselves... :(

So unless i'm missing something... what seems to be the problem? Apart from the fact that the employer will have tried to procure the stock for the cheapest possible price, which may mean a reduction in quality it looks fine to me.

Surely the real question is why are Virgin Trains staff on the EMT concourse at St Pancakes?
I'm guessing that's a publicity shot, where the photographer composed (and lit) the photo to make the uniform as smart and businesslike as possible.

455driver

Veteran Member
Rather a nice curvy young lady, I wonder how the uniform would look on the person in your avatar picture Nan Dingle?

NLC1072

When National Express had East Anglia, their new uniforms had to all be sent back and re-ordered as they blouses were all see though, the mens shirts which were also see through, didn't get re-ordered... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.