• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC - Train Shunter - Bounds Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monopoli

Has anyone heard got any feedback from this job?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Termak

I had mine today. Took about 35 to 40 minutes.
Thanks for responding nick40uk. What's your yake on the interview? is it anywhere near MMI? Generalising, what sort of things are they looking for? Sorry to ask so many questions..don't mean to make you feel like you are in another interview. Mine is next week so just need to be prepared.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

nick40uk

Thanks for responding nick40uk. What's your yake on the interview? is it anywhere near MMI? Generalising, what sort of things are they looking for? Sorry to ask so many questions..don't mean to make you feel like you are in another interview. Mine is next week so just need to be prepared.

Having never done an MMI I couldn't compare them. However they ask what you know about the job, why you want it/would be suitable for the role, you life in general, how you would deal with certain things eg someone not following the rules....it wasn't too bad.

I did ask about the whole Azuma/Hitachi thing and the whole depot will be transferred over to Hitachi, staff included.

Termak

Ok cool..thanks. Not sure I would want to transfer over to Hitachi if I got it but, guess we'll deal with it when the time comes. Thanks a lot, at least I know where to focus my attention on in my preparation.

ibrahim9140

I had interview today aswell.. I was told If I pass the interview their is more assessment to be sat.. anyone know what is that about?

nick40uk

I had interview today aswell.. I was told If I pass the interview their is more assessment to be sat.. anyone know what is that about?

The short answer is that there are possible plans to train a majority of shunters to drive the new trains. Don't know whether it would be depot limits or all the way to Kings Cross.

ibrahim9140

The short answer is that there are possible plans to train a majority of shunters to drive the new trains. Don't know whether it would be depot limits or all the way to Kings Cross.

I was told it was just within the depot..

Sirgerbil

Would be just depot limits, most of the night turns at KX involve bringing trains down from the Bounds Green

Termak

This might be a good thing..you think it will create an avenue to move from shunter to driver? How long is the training anyway?

nick40uk

This might be a good thing..you think it will create an avenue to move from shunter to driver? How long is the training anyway?

From experience the training should take between four and six months. This includes the actual course plus time spent with a mentor showing you all the duties. Then you'd more than likely be assessed on all aspects before passing out.

On the driving side I really couldn't say.

Termak

From experience the training should take between four and six months. This includes the actual course plus time spent with a mentor showing you all the duties. Then you'd more than likely be assessed on all aspects before passing out.

On the driving side I really couldn't say.
Cool..thanks for the info.

E&W Lucas

Established Member

You would be an employee of a totally separate organisation.
Wonder why there are no depot drivers there already? ;)

nick40uk

You would be an employee of a totally separate organisation.
Wonder why there are no depot drivers there already? ;)

They have a pilot driver for moving sets around the yard but the mainline drivers take the trains to and from Kings Cross. Once Hitachi take over then they would have to either contract drivers from Virgin to move them around or train their own guys to do it.

Termak

Anyone heard back after the interview???
Have you heard back ibrahim? I think they'll wait until they've done all interviews. If I heard correctly, they have 4 positions still to fill. I guess they want to pick the best.

ibrahim9140

Have you heard back ibrahim? I think they'll wait until they've done all interviews. If I heard correctly, they have 4 positions still to fill. I guess they want to pick the best.

Nope not yet.. I had my interview last week wednesday.. what about you??

ibrahim9140

Oh ok not long to wait now... hope it all went well.. I forgot to ask them which test will we be doing if we pass the interview.. did they tell you anything about the test?

Termak

Oh ok not long to wait now... hope it all went well.. I forgot to ask them which test will we be doing if we pass the interview.. did they tell you anything about the test?
I did not ask which test exactly, but they will be driver psychometric tests. I mentioned that I have passed them already but was told I still have to do them if I get through as they have no access to other Toc's test results.

ibrahim9140

Guys who had interview.. I know we was meant to hear today or most probably next week Monday.. anyone had any result today?

nick40uk

Guys who had interview.. I know we was meant to hear today or most probably next week Monday.. anyone had any result today?

Not a sausage. Was thinking I would hear today too but nothing. May be early next week hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.