Weird train-related dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Envy123, 26 Jun 2015.

1. Envy123

Envy123 Member

I've had many weird train-related dreams in the past and I just had one last night. Several gems:

1). There was a Jubilee Line extension north of Stratford and the station had the futuristic look of Westminster and the platform hallways of Holborn. The area itself wasn't east London but more northeastern London. Couldn't get the name of the station or the area, except that it was mainly Indians living there.

2). The terminus of the Jubilee Line westbound was not Stanmore but "Palmer Oa". The next station was "Palmer Oa Broa".

3). I was riding a District Line train which was completely dirty. It eventually broke down at Barking.

4). And the one I had last night - the Pregnant Man was actually driving an inter-city train to London Paddington. The journey time from Coventry to London was only 10 minutes.

I think I like trains too much. :oops:

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. causton

causton Established Member

3 isn't a dream ;)

4. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

Had one a while ago which involved Kate Bush, Kiveton Park signal box and a talking Pacer.

5. Minilad

Minilad Established Member

Most of my rail related dreams involve Scarlett Johannson
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Sniffing too much kettle vapour again?!

6. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

You stalking me again? You can't beat Kate bush and a pacer. Believe me, I've tried.

7. Minilad

Kate Bush is doable. And Pacers are awesome so OK I will let you off this once

8. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

Pacers are not awesome. They're clapped out crap buckets. I often wonder what Kate Bush would be doing in Kiveton Park.

9. Minilad

But I like things that are clapped out. I like you don't I :p

10. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

Charming :(

11. Minilad

Awwww don't be upset. Go and sniff some more kettle fumes :D

12. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

The joy of the beautiful kettle is....I won't find you on the footplate!

13. Minilad

Getting back to the theme of the thread I did once dream I was driving a kettle. Got bored of crawling around though. So invited Scarlett Johannson on to the footplate

14. Urban Gateline

Urban Gateline Established Member

A bizarre dream I remeber related to my job as a dispatcher, I was doing the normal station work for a Virgin Train set down service at Watford, gave the first tip but the TM would not respond, he was standing by his local door staring at his mobile. So I shouted to try and get his attention, blew my whistle a few times. It turns out that there was a sudden death in the TM's family so he was frozen so to speak which made me feel so bad for trying to rush him, oblivious to what he was going through!

Bizarre right? :D

15. GrimsbyPacer

GrimsbyPacer Established Member

I had a nightmare once... I got a ticket and was only allowed on a certain train which I couldn't get on due to overcrowding. The talking Pacer mentioned above, was it like a Thomas the Tank Engine character with a face??

16. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

No, no face. But it did tell Kate Bush her music was rubbish. I've never eaten cheese before bed since.

17. TheNewNo2

TheNewNo2 Member

I occasionally have dreams about trains. I then realise "wait, a 144 wouldn't be operating this service, this is stupid" and wake up.

18. 507021

507021 Established Member

Recently I had a really vivid and unusual dream where I was waiting for a train in a completely empty Liverpool Central

All of a sudden loud club music started echoing down the tunnel and got louder as the train approached. When the train arrived (I remember as clear as day it was 507005) it was full of passengers stood up dancing to the music. I boarded and started dancing with a group of attractive women all the way up to Southport (sped up somewhat). I stayed on the train to return to Central and this time however the driver and guard were dancing to the music as well as the passengers and the train was driving itself

Once I got off in Liverpool Central again the train (music still playing) disappeared off into the tunnel towards Hunts Cross with the exact same music. I can remember the music really clearly but I can't remember for the life of me what the song was called

19. trainophile

trainophile Established Member

Had you recently seen the Merseyrail train with The Beatles livery?

A couple of times I've dreamed that I'm on an open topped "train" like the fun ones in fairgrounds, only I'm going the wrong way and getting more and more panicky as I can't get off it. Another recurring one is that I can see my train down at the station platform, but there are so many sets of stairs and none of them seem to lead to the right platform, so I end up missing it after dashing around from steps to steps trying to find the right one.

20. 507021

507021 Established Member

I haven't seen 508111 for quite a while now - it seems to be one of the few Merseyrail units that I very rarely see. I think my dream would have been quite apt if it had been that unit instead of 507005

I suspect that the unit in my dream was 507005 because the one time I've been on it this year (between Bootle New Strand and Moorfields according to my records) a group of teenagers started playing music at the other end of the carriage. When I looked to see who was playing it none of them were stood up dancing and it wasn't the same music as in my dream so I don't know where the dancing passengers part of it came from

21. DasLunatic

DasLunatic Member

I dreamt I was driving the Flying Scotsman (steam) down the ECML - with Mark 4 coaches and a DVT. Apparently we reached 130mph somewhere...

22. fgwrich

fgwrich Established Member

:lol:

Like it though! A 'Dancing Train' doesn't actually seem like that bad an idea, sure beats hearing a mix of music through leaky earphones!

I kind of had one the other day, that the Caley Sleeper was still operated by First and in Dynamic Lines (Do you think I like that livery too much?;)) and took it from Euston to Aberdeen, with a split in a yard somewhere outside Aberdeen near a port and Depot. Weird thing is that...I've never been to Aberdeen or that part of Scotland. Nor used the Caley Sleeper ever either. Is my mind trying to tell me something?

23. Muzer

Muzer Established Member

I'm sure there's been a thread about this before, I'll try to dig out my response from it

EDIT: Ah, I'd completely forgotten about this, but it's all coming back to me now! From http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86364&highlight=dream :

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Here are another couple of mine from that thread:

Of those, I had completely forgotten about all but the Andover one... but the other two are both coming back to me now. How strange.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2015
  24. Busaholic

Busaholic Established Member

I had a dream last night that somehow encompassed supposed paintings of Gresley pacifics in different settings. I say supposed, but even to my inexpert eye some were totally the wrong shape, but all were in that wonderful, never-bettered blue livery. In the dream I was opining that, not only was the steam engine not a Mallard type, but I also doubted that it could have been painted steaming onto Anglesey!
    The real reason I came onto this thread though was because of the references to Kate Bush in a couple of dreams- my best friend in the late 70s and 80s dated Kate Bush while she was a convent schoolgirl in SE London. He went to the equivalent Catholic boys' school, and she was in facxt his first girlfriend! He told me this before the release of her first single, when she was a complete unknown, so I know it was true.

25. GWRjake

GWRjake Member

Interesting one last night in which I got a HST back from York which was full of football fans (not entirely implausible) but it was an FGW one and the fans were adhering to the rules of the quiet carriage!

26. Class 172 Fan

Class 172 Fan Member

I had a dream last night that the line through Dudley had been reinstated and that a Class 220 got allocated to the service...calling at Cardiff, Newport, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Shrub Hill, Stourbridge, Dudley, Perry Barr, New Street and then onto Nottingham

Last edited: 27 Jun 2015
  27. AndrewR232

AndrewR232 Member

I once dreamt that Whifflet station was an non-electrified single track terminus.

28. Envy123

Envy123 Member

Wow, all of your dreams seem much better than mine. :)

29. Eng274

Eng274 Member

I dreamt that I was travelling in the cab of a class 91 - through Dalmeny...

30. DasLunatic

DasLunatic Member

I had this weird one last night - I was driving a Class 47 light engine when it suddenly sprouted road wheels and came off the tracks. It drove itself to the Nurburgring and set a HGV time record...

31. GrimsbyPacer

GrimsbyPacer Established Member

I recomend you watch the train scene from Leslie Neilson film "Wrongfully Accused" it's very funny.