• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

We're waiting for the Oldham Loop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
no wheel chairs ..........DDA

Wheelchairs certainly are allowed, although no assistance is available at stops. In the event of a lift not working wheelchair passengers are advised to go to the next stop and travel back.

no mobility scooters ...DDA!

Wrong. Electric wheelchairs need to be catered for but scooters do not.

no eating no drinking

Also applies on platforms as well as on trams. Probably the only transport operator not using vintage vehicles that bans eating and drinking altogether.

no pensioners ............local ones travel free and therefore do not count

My mum is a pensioner not from Greater Manchester and has used the Metrolink, does she not count?

rail travel and trams are exempt from the DDA as are airlines and buses

No they aren't, they've just got longer to make adjustments.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
"no bikes".

Again the ban extends to stops not just on vehicles.

More cycle storage would seem a logical inclusion, some stops like Timperley aren't that urban.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This thread is wildly off-topic, and several complaints have been received about this thread, formally and informally. Unfortunately due to the length of this thread, it will take me a good while to get through all that, if I ever manage it, at my spare time.

Meanwhile regrettably this thread is locked until further notice.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have looked through this thread and deleted some heated arguments.

This thread will not be reopened as there is already another one resurrected catering for the discussion of Metrolink routes in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.