• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains recruiting for Trainee Train Drivers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigybagel

Established Member
Has anyone still not heard anything either way? I applied for Crewe :/

Crewe has been taking on a lot of qualified drivers, with more waiting on interviews - so I'd be surprised if they go looking for there any time soon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Konik

I can confirm, that they started to do assesments now, just came back from one in Birmingham. I was supposed to be in talent pool for 2019 and 2 weeks later received email to pick up slot for assesment. They expect enhanced standards during tests, so might be tight fit, although I found tests to be reasonable, not easy easy, but not impossible either.

Last edited:

Lendog2012

I hear that a few assessment days have been and gone, how have people got on? Any info on what may happen throughout 2019?

kb2019

Hi All,

Just found this forum and its nice to say hi to you all.

West Midlands Trains have started the assessments for those who made it into the 2019 talent pool sift.

I completed the first part of my assessments before Christmas and passed which was lovely to hear and I have the next part of my assessment in Watford this Friday, which I am both a little nervous about but also looking forward to.

I have found the tests are not something that you can specifically prepare too much for and the practice material sent before hand is enough to give you a good outline of what is expected. I also felt that the assessments were very supportive by the OPC because you have ample time before to try practice questions and then anyone who did not get those correct were given individual support until they understood how that answer was reached before any test was started.

I wish you all luck, let me know how you all get on and I may hopefully see some of you soon :)

Trio

Received an email yesterday inviting me to stage 1 assessments. Maybe things are starting to move?

Eame1980

Has anyone got a recent number for west Midlands trains. 0300 095 5118 is no longer in use

Trio

Nope, sorry all my email correspondence doesn’t have a telephone number

Status
Not open for further replies.