• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What have they done to Worcester Park Station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB25

No seriously what have they done? They seem to have built a monstrous bridge and steps that tower over the rest of the station. :shock: Are they planning any work on the main station building? It looks utterly ridiculous and horrific. :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Standard NR modular footbridge (and lifts) design. They've been installing them all over the south under the DfT's 'Access for All' scheme.

You are wildly exaggerating.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I wouldn't call it wildly exaggerating, a lot of the AfA installments aren't easy on the eye, especially if they've replaced a more discreet / traditional design...

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I wouldn't call it wildly exaggerating, a lot of the AfA installments aren't easy on the eye, especially if they've replaced a more discreet / traditional design...

Yeah, but they aren't actually 'horrific' are they - no one is actually scared of them...

JB25

Well they scare me. Especially as they are about 70 foot above the station for no reason. <D

starrymarkb

Established Member
UIC Gauge + Space for OHLE (There is a long term project to convert the Southern DC system to AC)

59CosG95

Established Member
UIC Gauge + Space for OHLE (There is a long term project to convert the Southern DC system to AC)

Presumably this will be in prep for CR2, as they will need to be OHL compatible then; the 455's will be life-expired by the 2020s. They've also built these structures above the platforms at Aldershot and Alton (that line being my main school commute)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.