• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what loco haulage and drags summer specials can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Duffs on the Yarmouths

aannnd thats about it apart from the usual summer sat HSTs

Derby-Skegness with EMT, some doubt over the XC ones but im sure I read it will be HSTs this year

be interesting if the summer sat HST digrams are same as last year as a lot of the timetable looks the same times.

0642 Newcastle-Penzance 1625 Penzance-Leeds
0800 Man Picc-Paignton 1347 Paignton Man Picc
0700 Glasgow-Newquay
0927 Newquay-Dundee
0600 Leeds-Plymouth 1221 Plymouth-Glasgow
0612 Edinburgh-Plymouth 1525 Plymouth-Newcastle (not sure if this was a vomiter last year)
0700 Man Picc-Newquay 1524 Newquay-Man Picc (East Coast Set?)

thats all the sets plus the east coast one hired in...anyone see it being the same again?

EltonRoad

One HST each way to and from Skegness on Sats.

HSTs to Pembroke Dock summer Sats.

FGW and XC-run HSTs to Newquay.

Probably a few extras to Paignton but I haven't checked. Extra stops at Dawlish by HSTs and XC.

Usual drags to and from Great Yarmouth (as above).

There's often a direct train from St Pancras to Scarborough on Saturdays but again, haven't checked yet.

Sleepers diverted up the east coast on Sunday nights through to September. There's even an advertised stop at Newcastle in the up direction, but it won't let you book berths (but maybe seats).

rail-britain

Established Member
Sleepers diverted up the east coast on Sunday nights through to September. There's even an advertised stop at Newcastle in the up direction, but it won't let you book berths (but maybe seats)
The sleepers are only diverted in the UP direction?
I managed to travel on these on the last two Sundays in June / July, both times southbound last year

Can you please confirm that these are operating from Sunday 16 May to Sunday 26 September?
Also are they southbound only this time (seems unusual)?

EltonRoad

Re the sleepers - my info is only as good as the public timetable, however, sorry if I wasn't clear, the sleepers are diverted in both directions but as far as I can tell call at Newcastle in the up direction only (Highland).

Starts end of May I think (can't check as this computer is dial up and too slow). Just go to NRES - if it leaves London at 2007 it's diverted.

I too did this last year, it's so slow out of London! Takes at least an hour to get to Finsbury Park, after reversing.

rail-britain

Established Member
Apologies, just checked the May 2010 for the Scottish Sleepers
Yes, all Sunday services are via ECML, the same as least year
I travelled on the Glasgow - Euston, it stopped at Newcastle and then what I assume was Doncaster, I don't remember York (but that's not to say it didn't)

I decided to avoid the northbound services, as they arrived in Edinburgh and Glasgow too late into the day
It was quite similar southbound, very slow leaving the ECML and into Wembley
From Wembley into Euston took nearly an hour

oliverj8

Does anyone know the diagrams fro the Yarmouths?
I plan to go on the 10:00 from LST, will this be a drag?

Thanks in advance,

dk1

Veteran Member

Thanks in advance,

10.08 & 13.10 Great Yarmouth to London Liverpool St (to Norwich).
12.05 & 14.17 Norwich to Great Yarmouth (10.00 & 12.00 ex-London Liverpool St respectivley).

oliverj8

12.05 & 14.17 Norwich to Great Yarmouth (10.00 & 12.00 ex-London Liverpool St respectivley).

Thanks, will start booking. :D

rail-britain

Established Member
I would assume it would be the same as last year, meaning I can travel down on the Inverness sleeper and then back on the late afternoon Glasgow
Hopefully the Inverness sleeper won't go pop when I use it next time, I arrived at LST with just 2 minutes to spare!

oliverj8

Hi again,

Sorry to bump this thread, does anyone know when the drags start?

Thanks

oliverj8

Sorry to keep asking questions, does anyone know what the definite diagrams are for the XC HSTs, I am due to go to Plymouth from Stafford on the 08:04, this should be an HST shouldn't it? I will be gutted if I have to sit on a Voyager for over 4 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Pumbaa

Established Member
be interesting if the summer sat HST digrams are same as last year as a lot of the timetable looks the same times.

0642 Newcastle-Penzance 1625 Penzance-Leeds
0800 Man Picc-Paignton 1347 Paignton Man Picc
0700 Glasgow-Newquay
0927 Newquay-Dundee
0600 Leeds-Plymouth 1221 Plymouth-Glasgow
0612 Edinburgh-Plymouth 1525 Plymouth-Newcastle (not sure if this was a vomiter last year)
0700 Man Picc-Newquay 1524 Newquay-Man Picc (East Coast Set?)

thats all the sets plus the east coast one hired in...anyone see it being the same again?

Bad news for all potential Newquay bashers out there - XC will not be hiring in another HST set this year - no money! The Man Picc - Newquay run will now be covered by 221.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Summer Saturday HST diagrams for XC:

Diagram 1
0635 Plymouth-Newquay
0927 Newquay-Dundee

Diagram 2
0600 Leeds-Plymouth
1223 Plymouth-Glasgow Central

Diagram 3
0758 Manchester Piccadilly-Paignton (Via Stoke/Camp Hill/Weston SM)
1347 Paignton-Manchester Piccadilly (Via Weston SM/Stoke)

Diagram 4
0700 Glasgow Central-Newquay
1958 Newquay-Plymouth

Diagram 5 (not HST - 221 instead)
0700 Manchester Piccadilly-Newquay (Via Stoke/Camp Hill)
1524 Newquay-Manchester Piccadilly (Via Camp Hill/Crewe/Wilmslow)

Ta to english_deltic on WNXX for the gen.

oliverj8

Gutted :(
I am booked on the 08:04 from Stafford to Plymouth as well which is the ex 07:00 from Manchester.

Can I wait for the ex 07:58 from Manchester and get that instead to Exeter?

My Plan was to go to Plymouth and get the ACE back to Paddington.

Thanks,

Pumbaa

Established Member
Gutted :(
I am booked on the 08:04 from Stafford to Plymouth as well which is the ex 07:00 from Manchester.

Can I wait for the ex 07:58 from Manchester and get that instead to Exeter?

Not if you're on Advance tickets; you must stick to your booked train if thats the case.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I will have a look at re-booking then, do I have to pay to change the tickets?

£10 admin fee, plus the difference in fare on Advance tickets. If they're cheap, it may be worth writing off the first tickets, and just buying a new set.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Ok, what is writing off?

To forget about it. If the admin fee, plus the difference in price of old ticket to new ticket is more than buying a new ticket straight off, then just buy the new ticket and swallow the cost of the old ticket. Mind you, as you're going through to Plymouth.... probably best to go with the Admin fee and pay the difference!!

Status
Not open for further replies.