• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferret

Established Member
Will an official statement ever be made? I doubt it somehow. I think that with what we've discovered by discussing the facts, we can assume that 'Tony' and the truth are distant strangers and that he lacks any credibility. It's a shame he can't be banned from the railway until such time as he can learn how to conduct himself.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
He's posted a letter/email on Digital Spy that he's supposedly sent to Northern Rail asking them to issue a press release that puts him in the clear.

I am not sure why he's done that. What if they don't do it? Is that a further admission of guilt on the part of Northern Rail?

I also think that he is being quite sneaky by stating that he was capable of boarding that train using the two-part ramp (and NR has confirmed that). Despite being true, this isn't the point given he would have to get off again later.

I am quite happy to say that he COULD have boarded that train at Manchester. And then remained stuck on it until its destination, whereby we'd then have a thread about a passenger held prisoner on a train...

tonyaran

I have just today got an email back from Northern Rail. This is what it writes:

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us, and I am sorry that it has taken me a couple of days to get back to you, but I have been away from the office. As requested I have just mailed a letter to you that confirms most of our findings, and clearly states that we were incorrect in not letting you board the train back in August.

It seems that they have posted a letter out to me. This will indeed be an official letter from Northern Rail. I am willing to show this letter to anyone who wants to see/read it. Once it arrives which I would assume will be either tomorrow or day after.

I might even scan and post a link to it so everyone can see it. The reason I am doing this is for those people that have been calling me a liar and blaming everything on me. The fact is that Northern Rail - through a thorough investigation - could not find any reason whatsoever in the guard not allowing me a ramp for this journey.

I hope this will help.

jon0844

Veteran Member
More red herrings. Yes, he could board and there was no reason the ramps couldn't be used there. The point is about where he was getting off.

'Tony' is now playing games. He asks for a letter that says he could board at Manchester, and Northern Rail agree. So what, that isn't why the guard wouldn't let him on.

tonyaran

More red herrings. Yes, he could board and there was no reason the ramps couldn't be used there. The point is about where he was getting off.

'Tony' is now playing games. He asks for a letter that says he could board at Manchester, and Northern Rail agree. So what, that isn't why the guard wouldn't let him on.

I am not playing games. I am trying to knock some sense into your one-sided minds. The thought of the guard being lazy is just unbearable for many of you. But the fact is he was lazy. He thought he would just let the next guard have the 'hassle' of assisting a wheelchair user onto the train. He never once thought this would come back on him.

Now, Northern Rail are not unthoughtful trianspotters like many of you, they are a professional company with rules and ethics. They have procedures to assertain outcomes. Here, they had the use of CCTV, other witness and officials' statements, and their rule book. Not to say the guidlines of the DDA.

Now, I read on this forum that the type of train concerned is not obliged to meet the DDA requirements until 2020. A time when they might be removed from duty. Now, NR could have used that as finding for their investiation. They did not. They could have said that problems with disembarking at GB, they did not. As it was not true.

What happened to all the talk of 'finding me wrong' in these forums and that NR would go through the pages for their investigation?

They could not find any reason as everything was in place for a wheelchair user to use the service.

Saying all that I am willing to travel on this train to GB. If anyone wants to arrange that I am ready.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It is audiable and has been mentioned on here and else, tonyaryan, but what is the 'last time' remark the guard makes?

Pumbaa

Established Member
I am not playing games. I am trying to knock some sense into your one-sided minds. The thought of the guard being lazy is just unbearable for many of you. But the fact is he was lazy. He thought he would just let the next guard have the 'hassle' of assisting a wheelchair user onto the train. He never once thought this would come back on him.

Now, Northern Rail are not unthoughtful trianspotters like many of you, they are a professional company with rules and ethics. They have procedures to assertain outcomes. Here, they had the use of CCTV, other witness and officials' statements, and their rule book. Not to say the guidlines of the DDA.

No you are not playing games, just attempting to bludgeon us with untruths and diving and tripping out the way each time someone points out an inaccuracy or inconsistency with your story.

I haven't yet commented on this thread, but have read it and followed it with great interest and simply cannot believe how obtuse you have chosen to be over aspects of this matter. I too await evidence of NT side of the story.

And to counter your point above, most of the people here engaging in discussion with you are either industry professionals, or simply interested in the workings of the railway, not "unthoughtful trainspotters".
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What happened to all the talk of 'finding me wrong' in these forums and that NR would go through the pages for their investigation?

Probably because you're not worth their hassle and they'd rather let it go. They have better things to do like run a service, not just get a headache trying to resolve a matter thats being propped up by a desperate individual attempting to salvage some credibility after being exposed as a muppet.

flymo

Established Member
MY first comments on this too, but this just needed a reply.

OK. The next time you wish to go to Guide Bridge from Manchester Piccadilly, please let everyone know so that it may be observed on a class 142 that you cannot get off safely at Guide Bridge. I would love to see that, and please make sure that the guard you defamed is working the train.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
desperate individual attempting to salvage some credibility after being exposed as a muppet.

You may also have noticed some homophobic etc comments he made, as well as some being generally offensive to all

Darandio

Established Member
Now, Northern Rail are not unthoughtful trianspotters like many of you, they are a professional company with rules and ethics.

Well well well, I did follow all of this from the outset to see where it would lead and following the email from Northern Rail, maybe decided that some of the comments against you were wrong. However, you then typed the above comment and it has proved that you are indeed a first class berk and one of the highest order.

Also, a tip for the future, if you are to try and insult a group of people, spell it properly.

Chew Chew

Does that mean I make good points or type absolute rubbish? Honestly, I can't tell compliments from sarcasm in Forums!

In this case it is points that he, from reading reading this thread and the huuuuuuge one on DS, is unwilling to answer as they don't suit him to as it shows the 'case' isn't as clear cut as he is trying to make out.

scotsman

Established Member
one sided minds....The thought of the guard being lazy is just unbearable for many of you. But the fact is he was lazy. He thought he would just let the next guard have the 'hassle' of assisting a wheelchair user onto the train. He never once thought this would come back on him.

I disagree. The amount of people who have explained why this is not the case boggles the mind. One sided minds indeed.

I can assure you I'm not an 'unthoughtful trainspotter', I'm a rail enthusiast and a volunteer railwayman. I assist in the boarding of disabled passengers from time to time. If the platform gap is unduly wide, it is insanity to try and use the ramp on it.

They could not find any reason as everything was in place for a wheelchair user to use the service.

Show me the report - prove me wrong.

While you're at it, take a screenshot of your email from NR (in a window, with your desktop in the background). Because, that is most definitely not the full email and I want some proof you didn't knock it up yourself.

tonyaran

While you're at it, take a screenshot of your email from NR (in a window, with your desktop in the background). Because, that is most definitely not the full email and I want some proof you didn't knock it up yourself.

Image3.jpg

Pumbaa

Established Member
Not being funny - that looks photoshopped. There is a clear difference in pixel colour behind the blue text.

Anyone else?

tonyaran

When you have it, can you please scan the whole letter and the envelope it was in, including the frank and postmark and post it on here (if it is not a window envelope, just blank out the address).

I will do so.

I await the scanned letter and envelope with great interest.

I await it with great interest also as it might go a teeny weeny bit towards vindicating me.

It is audiable and has been mentioned on here and else, tonyaryan, but what is the 'last time' remark the guard makes?

The 'last remark' is nothing to do with me. The guard may have had a previous issue with another wheelchair user. On the few times that this guard has assisted me prior to this time, he has been a little arrogant but nevertheless did assist.

MY first comments on this too, but this just needed a reply.

OK. The next time you wish to go to Guide Bridge from Manchester Piccadilly, please let everyone know so that it may be observed on a class 142 that you cannot get off safely at Guide Bridge. I would love to see that, and please make sure that the guard you defamed is working the train.

You are more than free to arrange this and I will be there on the dot. I did not defame the guard. He did it to himself.

Also, a tip for the future, if you are to try and insult a group of people, spell it properly.

I just said something on a whim about many people on this forum yet it has been taken as an insult. Very small in comparison to what the guard did to me. But I take it back and I apologise. I am sorry to all of those that were offended by this remark.

Tony, why does it say your name is Qamar?:)

How many of you all use your real names on forums?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I

On the few times that this guard has assisted me prior to this time, he has been a little arrogant but nevertheless did assist.

How many of you all use your real names on forums?

That doesn't make sense - you use two different tenses, anyhow, why have you never mentioned this before?

There's plenty of real names on here - first names and initials even more...

GB

Established Member
Not very clever posting a screen shot showing your email address under such circumstance is it!

Anyway, have you heard the term "the customer is always right"?

scotsman

Established Member
Hint:
* Next time close paint shop before you post the screenshot.

flymo

Established Member
My 2p +VAT is that the 'last time' we hear about is when he was put on a 142 at Manchester Piccadilly and could not get off at Guide Bridge. Thus the guard remembered him and when confirmed where the passenger was going to, decided he would not board this fella as he could not get him off at Guide Bridge, hence suggesting the next train 12 minutes after the one the passenger tried to get on.

The cynic in me thinks the passenger knew the problems with the 142 and has since used this to his own advantage. The optimist in me wants to say otherwise but, so far my optimism is being shot down by my cynicism..

mrcheek

Established Member
Hint:
* Next time close paint shop before you post the screenshot.

Good observation that man!

OK, seriously. This lying scumbag in a wheelchair is now posting fake emails to push forward his agenda.
Discussion over.

Status
Not open for further replies.