• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will It All Go Wrong For The Tories/ Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Johnson booed into and out of the church service to celebrate the Queen living a long time. The crowd didn't look like lefties. They looked like the kind of buffers who wibble and fawn over the royal family. It was excellent to see.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Johnson booed into and out of the church service to celebrate the Queen living a long time. The crowd didn't look like lefties. They looked like the kind of buffers who wibble and fawn over the royal family. It was excellent to see.
I haven't seen it , but yet again an example of the complete hypocrisy of the population of this country. Apart from the booing also detracts from the Queen's jubilee , I'm guessing that they don't like him because of the cost of living crisis and that is despite one woman living in a palace with several hundred rooms and part time at that. And also because he should follow the same laws as us ( partygate ) . Despite cheering for a family that don't have the same laws as us. We condemn booing at the football and applaud it here. Oh the irony.

najaB

Veteran Member
Despite cheering for a family that don't have the same laws as us.
1654277223917.png

(Image shows the Queen sitting alone at her husband's funeral service, despite being told that she didn't have to follow the rules).

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I haven't seen it , but yet again an example of the complete hypocrisy of the population of this country. Apart from the booing also detracts from the Queen's jubilee , I'm guessing that they don't like him because of the cost of living crisis and that is despite one woman living in a palace with several hundred rooms and part time at that. And also because he should follow the same laws as us ( partygate ) . Despite cheering for a family that don't have the same laws as us. We condemn booing at the football and applaud it here. Oh the irony.
lets eat the elephant one bite at a time eh? Johnson first.

baz962

Established Member
View attachment 115604

(Image shows the Queen sitting alone at her husband's funeral service, despite being told that she didn't have to follow the rules).
Doesn't need a driving licence , we do. Doesn't need a passport, we do. And let's talk about Andrew shall we. He may not of done anything wrong , but if you or I had been close to a pedo and the FBI wanted to talk to us , we would of been compelled to. So she follows some laws , just not all. But you be selective.

Darandio

Established Member
Doesn't need a driving licence , we do. Doesn't need a passport, we do. And let's talk about Andrew shall we. He may not of done anything wrong , but if you or I had been close to a pedo and the FBI wanted to talk to us , we would of been compelled to. So she follows some laws , just not all. But you be selective.

I did wonder where you were going in the previous post but now it's obvious, it's all about Andrew.

Darandio

Established Member
No it isn't. It's about all of them.

You spoke of a family not having the same laws and managed to pull out some fluff about a driving licence and passport before asking us to 'talk' about Andrew. Tell us more.

baz962

Established Member
You spoke of a family not having the same laws and managed to pull out some fluff about a driving licence and passport before asking us to 'talk' about Andrew. Tell us more.
The queen doesn't need a driving licence or a passport. You and I do to drive or travel. Different laws and rules then . It's black and white. They have different rules.

Shrop

On Moderation
You clearly have your own views, but the picture you responded to of the Queen alone at her husband's funeral was nothing to do with her having different laws to the rest of us. It was about her OBEYING the laws that were made for the rest of us, whilst Boris & Co. clearly demonstrated that it's politicians who afford themselves unfair privileges, believing themselves to be above the law. This thread IS NOT about unjustified criticisms of the royal family.

nw1

Established Member
So a Mail on Sunday journalist reckons that those who booed Boris were just climate change idiots, but then concluded that nobody booed Kier Starmer, which in some way means he was being blanked.

That must be worse than being booed apparently.

I know the Mail is complete tripe, but really, it's time to stop this ridiculous brown-nosing of Johnson. I noticed their ire turned to "traitor Tory MPs" (not sure if they were the exact words, but that was the message) earlier this week.

It's frankly getting a bit tedious, they must realise that Johnson is probably not the future, and probably won't be leading the Tories into the next election.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Newspapers do generally seem to know when the wind is turning and adapt, so it is odd that there's still a lot of 'back Boris' supporters that may well look rather silly when he does eventually go.

I thought the Telegraph had started to show signs of wanting rid of Boris, but perhaps No 10 has threatened to pull access to MPs or something?

jfollows

Established Member
I thought the Telegraph had started to show signs of wanting rid of Boris, but perhaps No 10 has threatened to pull access to MPs or something?
The danger is that he'll revert to writing for them again in order to get his income up to a reasonable living wage again.

nw1

Established Member
The danger is that he'll revert to writing for them again in order to get his income up to a reasonable living wage again.

Pfeffel piffle?

A tip for Johnson: go and live with your mate Donald in Mar-a-Lago. I'm sure he'd welcome you with open arms.

Given he was born in the US, he might even be able to be his running-mate should he stand again in 2024. "Trump-Johnson. Make America Great Again. Again". Or something. ;)

najaB

Veteran Member
Given he was born in the US, he might even be able to be his running-mate should he stand again in 2024. "Trump-Johnson. Make America Great Again. Again". Or something.
I'm pretty sure that he was forced to renounce his right to American citizenship.

jfollows

Established Member
I loved the fact that there was an air exclusion zone over Mar-a-Lago when Trump was president, which was lifted as soon as he stopped being president, and I'm reasonably sure that Air Force 1 made a point of flying over it when it returned to Washington after dropping him in Miami when he snubbed Biden's inauguration.
I also like the idea of Johnson writing for the Telegraph since it's one newspaper I never intentionally read, given that it brooks no thought of any alternative opinion than its opinion.

The Ham

Established Member
Newspapers do generally seem to know when the wind is turning and adapt, so it is odd that there's still a lot of 'back Boris' supporters that may well look rather silly when he does eventually go.

The Telegraph is reporting the booing of Johnson:

Boris and Carrie Johnson were booed by the crowd outside St Paul's Cathedral as they arrived for the Queen's service of thanksgiving on Friday. The Prime Minister and his wife were walking up the steps towards the cathedral door when boos were heard. Mr Johnson, in a morning suit, was hand-in-hand with Mrs Johnson, dressed in red. Neither reacted to the booing, instead carrying on into the cathedral to take their seats. Other onlookers were also heard cheering the couple.
The boos came from crowds on the south side of the plaza in front of the cathedral. These were the spectators with the best view of the great and the good climbing the steps to the cathedral. Speculating on the cause of the booing, an Australian tourist in the crowd said of Mr and Mrs Johnson: "They had a few parties during lockdown. That was pretty much the most of it. "It might be the wrong place, but if that's what they do, that's up to them. I don't think that's what the majority feel, but everyone has their opinions, and there are a lot of opinions out there."

JamesT

Established Member
Even if he hadn’t renounced his citizenship, he still wouldn’t have been eligible to run in 2024.
Along with being a natural born citizen of the US, you also have to be over 35, and have lived in the US for at least 14 years. I believe Boris only lived in the US as a very young child, so he’d need to rack up another decade before being able to meet that condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.