• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will It All Go Wrong For The Tories/ Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Priti Patel has now joined the bandwagon in calling for Boris Johnson to resign.

Senior Cabinet ministers have gathered in 10 Downing Street in order to tell Boris Johnson he has lost control of the Conservative party and must resign.

The delegation of ministers delivering the ultimatum to the Prime Minister is understood to include Nadhim Zahawi and Michelle Donelan, who were promoted to their positions as Chancellor and Education Secretary just yesterday.

Ultra-loyalists including Grant Shapps, Priti Patel and Simon Hart have also gone to No 10 to confront Mr Johnson. Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng has separately told the Chief Whip that the Prime Minister’s time is up.
Priti Patel has called for the Prime Minister to resign.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
David Daguid MP, trade envoy to Angola just resigned.

And 20 seconds later;

James Sunderland, PPS to DEFRA

Annetts key

Established Member
Whatever happens today remember that not one of these Tories suddenly parading their newly found morality have clean hands. They have all facilitated Johnson and his lunacy. They were happy to support him when he partied while we suffered, they were happy to defend his lies and they were happy to support him while he pi$$ed all over us and our democratic institutions. They are all culpable and they are all infected with the Johnson virus. Hypocrites.
Where’s the like button…

RichJF

Watching some of the liaison committee, Boris is excruciating. All I got was "er, er, erm, erm, Brexit, mandate, erm, erm, erm, uh, uh, Brexit, erm, erm"

Gloster

Established Member
Something that has possibly been overlooked is that 28 April 2018, while he was Foreign Secretary, Johnson met Alexander Lebedev, former KGB Officer, oligarch, part owner of the Standard and Independent, sanctioned by Canada, etc. This occasion, and possibly others, were without officials and Johnson was unable to say whether he reported the matter to officials. Johnson has previously avoided giving a straight answer on this matter. The first Salisbury poisonings occurred on 4 March 2018

najaB

Veteran Member
Something that has possibly been overlooked is that 28 April 2018, while he was Foreign Secretary, Johnson met Alexander Lebedev, former KGB Officer, oligarch, part owner of the Standard and Independent, sanctioned by Canada, etc. This occasion, and possibly others, were without officials and Johnson was unable to say whether he reported the matter to officials. Johnson has previously avoided giving a straight answer on this matter. The first Salisbury poisonings occurred on 4 March 2018
There are so many scandals it's inevitable that one or two will fall through the cracks.

Annetts key

Established Member
It’s not news if it happened more than 38 resignations ago…:lol:

Railsigns

Established Member
Whatever happens today remember that not one of these Tories suddenly parading their newly found morality have clean hands. They have all facilitated Johnson and his lunacy.
As has everyone who denigrated Jeremy Corbyn at every opportunity.

philosopher

Established Member
I did say a few days Boris keeps getting lucky. Well it looks like his luck has finally run out!

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
Whatever happens today remember that not one of these Tories suddenly parading their newly found morality have clean hands. They have all facilitated Johnson and his lunacy. They were happy to support him when he partied while we suffered, they were happy to defend his lies and they were happy to support him while he pi$$ed all over us and our democratic institutions. They are all culpable and they are all infected with the Johnson virus. Hypocrites.
Absolutely and i dearly hope they are ALL consigned to the back benches

dosxuk

Established Member
There's quite a few reports Patel has switched sides - surprising considering Boris admitted he literally accepted the resignation of his ethics adviser so he didn't have to sack Patel in the meeting earlier.

Also reports that scheduled bill committees have been postponed as there are not enough Ministers available to attend.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Or better still, the opposition benches.
Apparently the Tories do better at elections if they change leaders beforehand...as much as I would like to see them relegated to the opposition benches it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same this time if (a big if) they can find a more than competent leader.

AM9

Veteran Member
Apparently the Tories do better at elections if they change leaders beforehand...as much as I would like to see them relegated to the opposition benches it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same this time if (a big if) they can find a more than competent leader.
They'd struggle to find a less competent one!

Edit, there's always Fabricant.

Annetts key

Established Member
I’m hoping that some of the mud from this week will stay stuck on the Tories so that they are unelectable for years to come.

dgl

Established Member
Priti Patel has supposedly told Johnson to go going by the BBC news live feed and from the same feed is this,

What if Johnson refuses to step down?​

Nicholas Watt
Political editor, BBC Newsnight

I just asked an ally of a cabinet minister who is in No 10 calling on the PM to go: what would happen if he refuses?
"Then Boris Johnson won't have a cabinet," came the swift reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.