• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will It All Go Wrong For The Tories/ Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cloud Strife

Established Member
He's going.

If he's not gone within two hours, I will be truly shocked. I'm fully expecting a "you or us" meeting in Downing Street now, and it seems impossible that he would stubbornly stay in office in the face of such opposition.

96tommy

Not official but half of his cabinet are at No.10 to tell him to go. Once you've lost the cabinet, you've gone

WatcherZero

Established Member
Additions Mike Freer, Mark Fletcher, Sara Britcliffe, Ruth Edwards

Cabinet ministers

• Rishi Sunak - chancellor
  • Sajid Javid - health secretary
Ministers

• Will Quince - minister for children and families
  • Alex Chalk - solicitor general
  • John Glen - Treasury minister
  • Victoria Atkins - Justice minister
  • Robin Walker - Education minister
  • Jo Churchill - Defra minister
  • Stuart Andrew - Housing minister
  • Julia Lopez - Culture minister
  • Lee Rowley - Business minister
  • Alex Burghart - Education minister
  • Neil O'Brien - Levelling up minister
  • Kemi Badenoch - Local Government minister
  • Mims Davies - Work and Pensions
  • Rachel Maclean - Safeguarding Minister
  • Mike Freer - Minister for Exports and Minister for Equalities
Ministerial aides

• Laura Trott - parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to the Transport secretary
  • Jonathan Gullis - PPS to the Northern Ireland secretary
  • Saqib Bhatti - PPS to the Health secretary
  • Nicola Richards - PPS to the Department for Transport
  • Virginia Crosbie - PPS at the Welsh office
  • Felicity Buchan - PPS at the Business Department
  • David Johnson - PPS at the Treasury
  • Claire Coutinho - PPS in Education
  • Selaine Saxby - PPS at the Treasury
  • Duncan Baker - PPS Levelling Up Department
  • Fay Jones - PPS House of Commons
  • Craig Williams - PPS at the Treasury
  • Mark Logan - PPS Northern Ireland
  • Rachel Maclean - Safeguarding Minister
  • Mark Fletcher - PPS Department for Business
  • Sara Britcliffe - PPS Department for Education
  • Ruth Edwards - PPS Scotland Office
  • Peter Gibson - PPS Department for Trade
  • James Sunderland - PPS DEFRA
Others

• Bim Afolami MP - vice-chair of the Conservative Party
  • Theo Clarke MP - trade envoy to Kenya
  • Andrew Murrison MP - trade envoy to Morocco
  • David Daguid MP - trade envoy to Angola and Zambia
  • Robert Halfron MP - Chair education select committee: Letter of no-confidence
  • Lee Anderson MP - Letter of no confidence
  • Tom Hunt MP - Letter of no confidence
  • Robert Jenrick MP - Letter of no confidence
  • Kate Griffiths MP - Letter of no confidence
  • Liam Fox MP - Letter of no confidence
  • Dehenna Davison MP - Letter of no confidence

Half a dozen ministers including the chief whip and the new chancellor waiting in No. 10 to tell him to resign.
Meanwhile Liz Truss says "Now is not the right time for the Prime Minister to resign".

Additions 6:20 PM
David Daguid and James Sunderland

Last edited:

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Exactly so. I remember buying the Manfred Mann record "If you gotta go, go now" in Manchester sometime around the 1965/1966 time period, whilst in my final year at Manchester University.
My apologies, you are quite correct...now back to the real news...

Typhoon

Established Member
There were two men (presumably civil servants) sitting behind him, one may even have nodded off. One of them should have thrown in the towel. If he doesn't go, we, as a country, are in trouble

Bernard Jenkin was pretty solid.

Two different songs with similar titles.
Manfred Mann: If you Gotta Go, Go Now
Moody Blues: Go Now
Neither appropriate. 'Go Now' contains the lyric 'I don't want to see you go.' 'If you gotta go, go now;, a Dylan song; from the committee hearing there is no 'If' about it - and that's the Conservatives. They can see what damage he is doing.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Hes now only 3 resignations behind Theresa May, wonder if we will see him surpass her before hes forced out.

Edit: 2 Peter Gibson just resigned.

RichJF

Kwasi Kwarteng now calling for the PM to resign! This is quite frankly extraordinary!

WatcherZero

Established Member
Has the FTPA not been repealed?

Yes it was repealed.

Northern Ireland Secretary flying back from Belfast to join the delegation to No. 10

1922 Committee has decided not to change the term limits but to have fresh elections on Monday and leave the rule change to them. Probably decided no longer necessary to change the rules straight away.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
1922 Committee has decided not to change the term limits but to have fresh elections on Monday and leave the rule change to them. Probably decided no longer necessary to change the rules straight away.

I suspect that even they think that it's unthinkable for Johnson to hold on now.

I suppose it makes sense, that if Johnson stays in office, Monday will give them time to figure out the new PM so that that they can be appointed on Tuesday.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Whatever happens today remember that not one of these Tories suddenly parading their newly found morality have clean hands. They have all facilitated Johnson and his lunacy. They were happy to support him when he partied while we suffered, they were happy to defend his lies and they were happy to support him while he pi$$ed all over us and our democratic institutions. They are all culpable and they are all infected with the Johnson virus. Hypocrites.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Whatever happens today remember that not one of these Tories suddenly parading their newly found morality have clean hands. They have all facilitated Johnson and his lunacy. They were happy to support him when he partied while we suffered, they were happy to defend his lies and they were happy to support him while he pi$$ed all over us and our democratic institutions. They are all culpable and they are all infected with the Johnson virus. Hypocrites.
Spot on!

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Chris Grayling's just arrived and asked for permission to park the Marie Celeste outside. :D

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Both Manfred Mann and the Moody Blues had songs with “go now” in the title, albeit different lyrics.
The Manfreds recorded the Dylan song. 'If you gotta go, go now, or else you gotta stay all night'. so not quite the message intended!!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh my. I think we might have to leave the music lyrics for another thread now please... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.