• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Will It All Go Wrong For The Tories/ Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
BBC reporter now saying shapps may tell pm to resign. Potentially the best thing he's done since receiving his role as transport secretary
Er...
Chris Grayling's just arrived and asked for permission to park the Marie Celeste outside. :D
Simply not being Chris Grayling is difficult to top!
They currently wouldn’t accept us, we currently don’t have a working government, let alone one with integrity…
Lack of a functioning government hasn't done Belgium any harm for the last 2 years. ;)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
They'll be cracking open a bottle or two of the Dom Perignon 1990 vintage in the Cameron household tonight. Maybe the May's might get invited over? Oh, no, nothing quite so extreme!

96tommy

He's refusing to go. All feels end of days Trump. Maybe he's waiting for a Starmer fine but I don't see how that changes anything

HST274

Is he coming back?
I suspect he has gone to film another video in front of an LNER train, where he will advocate the modernisation of government by cutting all opposition mps and reverting to dictatorship.
Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude- just making a (poorly executed) joke about the best thing Shapps has done being "not being Chris Grayling", hence quoting a post that mentioned Grayling.
That is a fair point :lol:

Gloster

Established Member
Reportedly, Johnson is claiming that it would cause chaos if he resigned. So what do they call the current situation?

HST274

Understand Grant Shapps told PM to set out timetable for “dignified” exit
Nick Eardley BBC political correspondent on twitter. I wonder if the pun was planned? Knowing shapps said timetable will have large gaps in it and frequent delays.
Shapps - a key ally - told PM he stood little chance of winning second confidence vote

dosxuk

Established Member
Brandon Lewis - NI Secretary - has resigned.

Turns out this was incorrectly reported.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Established Member
This is just insanity. Johnson has called the Cabinet out, and incredibly, he might actually have called their bluff.

Brandon Lewis - NI Secretary - has resigned.

I do wonder if anyone else will follow from the Cabinet tonight. I'd expect junior ministers and secretaries to go, but this is looking like an absolute farce.

david1212

Established Member
Priti Patel has now joined the bandwagon in calling for Boris Johnson to resign.

He's refusing to go. All feels end of days Trump. Maybe he's waiting for a Starmer fine but I don't see how that changes anything

Reportedly, Johnson is claiming that it would cause chaos if he resigned. So what do they call the current situation?

I simply can not fathom how even Johnson still can not realise his time is done. IMO it was done months ago, certainly once the Partygate fine was issued.

Gloster

Established Member
Brandon Lewis has not resigned.

The fourteen ministers who have resigned is the largest in a single day: the previous highest was eleven in 1932.

Status
Not open for further replies.