• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which is your closest station/how do you get to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gord

Coseley...but I prefer going to Wolverhampton because there is a direct bus there and every train stops there. And when I drive there is a very annoying set of traffic lights between me and Coseley that can take ages to get through! Although Coseley has free parking...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
I'm currently an 11-minute walk from Turkey Street, though it only gets a poor (by London standards) half-hourly service which seems to be Greater Anglia's first choice for cancellation when something's gone awry, so for regular commuting I tend to use Enfield Lock/Brimsdown instead which are a five-minute bus journey away. The buses aren't timetabled though – just a vague ‘every 10 minutes’ or thereabouts – so after allowing waiting time, TUR is still quicker to get to.

I'm moving soon though; my nearest station, Chingford, will then be an over-20-minute uphill walk away. Not much fun in the rain, though for occasions when I already have a travelcard for the day there is a timetabled every-15-minutes bus that can help.

LewFinnis

Kearsney - but I never use is as there is parking and no bus link from where I live. So it's always Dover Priory - bus into town and then a 6-7 minute walk; or expensive car parking if it's a day trip arriving back after the buses have finished (I'm too mean to use a taxi:D). Bus costs nothing after 9.30 or at weekends; Plusbus is cheaper than the bus fare if an earlier departure is needed.

pnepaul

Workington is my nearest station, no direct bus service from where I live, but about a 15 minute walk.

Quakers Yard

Quakers Yard is under two minites walk. I live above the old High Level station.
Lovely half hourly service till almost 2000 on Mon-Sat but would be great if the Sunday was hourly.
Happy to get to Abercynon for a cheaper single to Cardiff which is 2 miles or 30 mins walk or drive to Ystrad Mynach and park free, get a cheaper fare and 4tph to Queen St that is just 25 mins away. Once walked back from YSM which took an hour for the 4 miles. If the Bedlinog line gets upgraded Trelewis will be 15 mins walk but doubt it will have services on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.