• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who believe in ghosts here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinyanmcw

Hey guys , i want to share something to you, that is about my family , but maybe you will not believe it.

Today, when we having dinner, we talked about things happened when were young, and we talked about this.

This happened when I was 6 years old I think. We lived in a apartment . ( 3 rooms, 2 living rooms , 2 W.C ) . I had my own room, my elder sister had a room, and my parents had a room. We had 3 different experiences at one night. Lets talk about mine first. At that night, i couldn't sleep , I spent about an hour to sleep. At about 2-3 o'clock in the morning, I woke up , I couldn't sleep, so I read in bed. I heard something , and i am sure I heard something. I heard a group of people sang and a woman said '' Today is your first day of primary....'' then no more . I was pretty scared. So I put a cd into a disc player , listened it to help me sleep.
I told my mum everything I heard, I told her I am scared. My mum didn't say anything I remembered. Then I went to sister and told her. She told me, she heard something also, but not same as what I heard, she heard a baby cried, and she couldn't sleep for the whole night. She was poor then me, at least I slept for a few hours. My sister told me why my mum didn't answer me was because she heard something also, she didn't know how to answer me. I wanted to know what she heard, she didn't want to tell me, so I asked my father. He told me my mum heard a man screamed, '' I will revenge for my brothers!!!! AAAAAAA!!!!!''

After that, we moved to an apartment which we are living nowadays.

I think it is quite good to experience this, but I am still scared when I think about it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aussie_Rail

I believe ghosts exist, I've just never had the opportunity to encounter one, or even a ghostly experience.

Ghosts of some kind or another exist everywhere and their existence cannot be explained, but reasons for them existing can.

Ghosts occur over here in their numbers as they do anywhere else. They mostly appear in prisions, old Gaols, lighthouses, homesteads, new developments over old areas and there is even a haunted Tram!

There are a few ghostly places out my way and one story I have heard was in a bay side town called Mornington just up the road from me.

Story has it that this new house went up in an estate, the family that lived there all became ill of all kinds of things, and this went on for some time, the illnesses were varied and in some cases quite severe. After it became quite clear that this was not normal some research was done into the house and where the house was built, it turns out the house was built over the top of an Aboriginal grave site.

Now days, that would not happen, as State law requires new development sites to under go an Archaeological impact study which would pick that up.

I'm not sure what happened to the house.

But most Ghosts that people encounter are connected to the the place they inhabit in some way. Like if I was killed in my house in some tragic way (touches wood) then it would be most likely that I may end up haunting this place or the land it sat on in years to come.

thefab444

Established Member
Quite predictably my view is that they are a load of rubbish. There are usually perfectly reasonable explainations for supposed 'ghostly encounters', and quite a few are exaggerated or made up anyway.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Quite predictably my view is that they are a load of rubbish. There are usually perfectly reasonable explainations for supposed 'ghostly encounters', and quite a few are exaggerated or made up anyway.

Most of the time people are deluded,or are making it up for attention,or they are just liers.

But I do believe in them,I myself have heard some weird sounds but most of the time it is somthing explainable,or if your tired things sound worse then they actually are.

But they are true,but you can not see them and once i was sleeping and I heard breathing just behind me i looked round and there was nothing there and it happened about once or twice more after.or sometimes you feel like someones around you.

But ghosts are not visable like these liers make out,they are invisble and if you got one you will certainly know about it,dogs and cats will refuse and pull not to go in your house and will just keep running and barking madly,and two if you got little kids they are suppose to be sidekick and can see things like this,I remeber once I was with my aunt viewing a house and there was a little kid there,and he pointed to the corner of the room and said "Mummy theres a man there",and she told him stop being silly,he continued and protested that there was a man walking around the room,told us what he looked like and what he was wearing,and his name "Robert Smith" later i looked up the certain plot where the house was built and who was buried there and it turned out there was a "Robert Smith" and it could of been a a Coincidence but I dont think so!.
Regards

poshbakerloo

I do, I've always thought that when you die, its only your body that dies not your soul...
I've also had too many 'weird' things happen to me in my house which is old and I know for a fact at least 3 people have died in it...in 1897, 1922 and 1984...(I did my research lol)

Established Member
*Cues Most Haunted Theme Tune*

The medium on that got found out as being a fraud :lol:

He researched the stuff before he got there.
----------
Tbh, I don't really have much opinion on this, on the one hand it could all be true, with all these stories being real, but at the same time, it could be a load of rubbish, but currently we can't prove it either way.

ukrob

Established Member
UFOs? Possibly
Life in other galaxies? Yes.

Ghosts? No.

Dai.

Established Member
I'm open minded and fully believe in ghosts, I've not had many experiences, just a few sightings of people and a dish falling off a table (no it wasn't at the edge).

I also believe in life on other planets! :)

tinyanmcw

Most of the time people are deluded,or are making it up for attention,or they are just liers.

But I do believe in them,I myself have heard some weird sounds but most of the time it is somthing explainable,or if your tired things sound worse then they actually are.

But they are true,but you can not see them and once i was sleeping and I heard breathing just behind me i looked round and there was nothing there and it happened about once or twice more after.or sometimes you feel like someones around you.

But ghosts are not visable like these liers make out,they are invisble and if you got one you will certainly know about it,dogs and cats will refuse and pull not to go in your house and will just keep running and barking madly,and two if you got little kids they are suppose to be sidekick and can see things like this,I remeber once I was with my aunt viewing a house and there was a little kid there,and he pointed to the corner of the room and said "Mummy theres a man there",and she told him stop being silly,he continued and protested that there was a man walking around the room,told us what he looked like and what he was wearing,and his name "Robert Smith" later i looked up the certain plot where the house was built and who was buried there and it turned out there was a "Robert Smith" and it could of been a a Coincidence but I dont think so!.
Regards

As I know , ghosts have different types

1) Ghosts make sound to scare you but not letting you see them
2) Ghosts with weird faces , just want to scare you
3) Ghosts which can cover your eyes, kill you.
4) Ghosts in mirror.
5) Ghosts in water, to pull you down into water.

They are what we believe in China.

Stacey

I believe in ghosts - I've lived in at least two places which has had them. One of which when I was about 14 and it was very haunted. Things such as the door knocking with no one there and lots of other bits and pieces. I've always believed in them.

As for aliens/UFOs - again, yes I believe in them too. Very open minded when it comes to that, but I am a Sci-Fi enthusiast (huge Trekkie/Stargate/X Files etc fan) so I guess it stands to reason!

43021HST

Established Member
My family has had a few encounters. It all started in Winter 2007 ,you would get these watching feelings from the top of the stairs, but one night the watching feeling felt really strong like as though it was peering through banisters and into our living room. Any way My brother and I had gone to bed, and it was 11:00 at night. My Mum was heavily pregnant so she spent most of the day and evening knitting. She put her needle on the arm of her chair and turned her head to speak to my Dad. When she looked back the needle was gone. They looked for it for several hours but could not find it. A while later the needle dropped right out of nowhere right into the middle of the floor like as though something had dropped it from the ceiling.

Another time it was 8:00 in the evening, my Brother was on the computer in his bedroom and my Dad was in his Bedroom on his laptop. The bedroom door was open and my brother felt something glaring at him from it. He told it to F***off. A couple of seconds later My dad felt it staring from his bedroom door. My Dad then went into My brothers bedroom and asked if he was watching him and my brother told my dad no and he felt the same thing.

It was cristmas eve and about 12:00, my Dad was getting my brother and my bikes out of the garage there is no light round there so he parked his car and turned on the lights. He said he felt something about 8 foot tall standing between the front headlights of the car staring at him ,he says it felt like an angry stare like he was not wanted there.

Spooky. It all ended when my Mum had enough and shouted F***off at the top of the stairs.

Last edited:
It was cristmas eve and about 12:00, my Dad was getting my brother and my bikes out of the garage there is no light round there so he parked his car and turned on the lights. He said he felt something about 8 foot tall standing between the front headlights of the car staring at him ,he says it felt like an angry stare like he was not wanted there.
that was santa :lol:

Aussie_Rail

My family has had a few encounters. It all started in Winter 2007 ,you would get these watching feelings from the top of the stairs, but one night the watching feeling felt really strong like as though it was peering through banisters and into our living room. Any way My brother and I had gone to bed, and it was 11:00 at night. My Mum was heavily pregnant so she spent most of the day and evening knitting. She put her needle on the arm of her chair and turned her head to speak to my Dad. When she looked back the needle was gone. They looked for it for several hours but could not find it. A while later the needle dropped right out of nowhere right into the middle of the floor like as though something had dropped it from the ceiling.

Another time it was 8:00 in the evening, my Brother was on the computer in his bedroom and my Dad was in his Bedroom on his laptop. The bedroom door was open and my brother felt something glaring at him from it. He told it to F***off. A couple of seconds later My dad felt it staring from his bedroom door. My Dad then went into My brothers bedroom and asked if he was watching him and my brother told my dad no and he felt the same thing.

Spooky. It all ended when my Mum had enough and shouted F***off at the top of the stairs.
If that happened to me, I can guarantee you the next night I'll be staying in a motel.

Can you explain why the things are happening there? Are you able to trace back to any unusual events by previous owners?

Freaky stuff, although things disappearing and popping up elsewhere is quite a common occurrence with Ghosts.

43021HST

Established Member
My Mum was Pregnant and close to giving birth, and apperantly when there is something like that going on strange things happen. Ghosts are also supposed to appear when someone in the house turns into a teenager and there is two of them, me and my brother. As far as the house goes it wasnt built on top of any graveyards and as far as I know the last owner was just some lonely bacholer.

Something happened quite recently. My Mum was changing my little brothers nappy in the living room. She had taken her watch off and looked away. When she looked back her watch was gone. Several hours later it reappered in the fruit bowl in the kitchen.

Aussie_Rail

My Mum was Pregnant and close to giving birth, and apparently when there is something like that going on strange things happen. Ghosts are also supposed to appear when someone in the house turns into a teenager and there is two of them, me and my brother. As far as the house goes it wasn't built on top of any graveyards and as far as I know the last owner was just some lonely bachelor.

Something happened quite recently. My Mum was changing my little brothers nappy in the living room. She had taken her watch off and looked away. When she looked back her watch was gone. Several hours later it reappeared in the fruit bowl in the kitchen.
Unusual, the disappearing of things can drive you totally insane in a very short time, but it depends on how often it happens.

How often do these strange events occur? Like in an average week for example, how many times would a ghostly experience occur?

43021HST

Established Member
The strange events occur once in a while for example 2008 was very quiet nothing happened. the watch thing happened in 2009. So it happens very rarely.

I'm a believer (having experienced some bizarre happenings in my house over the years) but each to their own I suppose.

GWRtom

Sorry for bumping a old thread, but i didn't feel the need to create a new one.

Anyway a couple of nights ago around 5:00am i woke up needing my inhaler but when i woke up i fell a slight chill i don't know if it was the weather or somthing else. Anyway i normally put my inhaler on my desk but when i looked it wasn't there i decided to venture downstairs when by bedroom door slammed shut ghost or just the wind you decide i crept into our lounge only to discover my inhaler on our dining table.

Also if i go up stairs to bed at night and no lights are switched on i feel like im being watched, a bit like a couple of other members here and even the slightest startles me. Also at night normally about 22:00pm to midnight i hear strange noises like foot steps and crashing sounds but when i look theres nothing there most of the time through somtimes it's just one of our cats.

Death

Established Member
Personally, I'm not keen on believing in so-called "ghosts"...As a primarily archaic Pagan being who believes in the essence of everything around him, I prefer to refer to such things as "Spirits". <D

If there is one kind of "ghost" that I see a lot of though, it's this:
norton-ghost.png

Norton "Ghost" - A disk imaging and transfer program... :roll::lol::razz:​

Wyvern

Established Member
Sorry. Thought better of my post. Could a mod please delete it :(

Last edited:

tinyanmcw

Sorry for bumping a old thread, but i didn't feel the need to create a new one.

Anyway a couple of nights ago around 5:00am i woke up needing my inhaler but when i woke up i fell a slight chill i don't know if it was the weather or somthing else. Anyway i normally put my inhaler on my desk but when i looked it wasn't there i decided to venture downstairs when by bedroom door slammed shut ghost or just the wind you decide i crept into our lounge only to discover my inhaler on our dining table.

Also if i go up stairs to bed at night and no lights are switched on i feel like im being watched, a bit like a couple of other members here and even the slightest startles me. Also at night normally about 22:00pm to midnight i hear strange noises like foot steps and crashing sounds but when i look theres nothing there most of the time through somtimes it's just one of our cats.

so what u wanted to say is there is no ghosts? we think there is cuz we think too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.