• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why cant FCC get the carriages the same way round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GodAtum

On Moderation
I did see the 1st class positioning at St Pancras on Friday. It said 4, 8, and 9 on a 12 coach.

The175

I'm at my wits end really :( I travel in 1st class and FCC to St Pancras they never put the 1st class end in the same place. I've had to travel via Victoria because Southern can guarantee which end 1st is at :roll:

Ive tried standing in the middle of the 8 coaches but still had to run either to the front or rear! Luckliy I've got a seat but its such a pain.

Sorry, can I just check, this post is a wind-up isn't it?

If not being able to find 1st class- thereby causing the risk of you having to mingle with the 'common folk'- is really such a big deal to you, you must have little else to worry about in life. Surely someone 'at their wits end' is someone without money, food or shelter, or facing life-threatening illness. Not whether they know in advance where the 1st class coach on a train will be.

Goatboy

Established Member
Sorry, can I just check, this post is a wind-up isn't it?

If not being able to find 1st class- thereby causing the risk of you having to mingle with the 'common folk'- is really such a big deal to you, you must have little else to worry about in life. Surely someone 'at their wits end' is someone without money, food or shelter, or facing life-threatening illness. Not whether they know in advance where the 1st class coach on a train will be.

Why do people keep posting stuff like this? I don't get it.

He's paid considerably more for his ticket and finds it difficult to use the accomodation he's paid for due to the variable nature of which end of the train it is. Get on at the wrong end and depending on passenger loading he might not even make it through the train.

Its not a big deal to you and me, because we've not paid for First Class season tickets, but trivialising his complaint seems a bit unfair. He has every right to find it a bit frustrating.

455driver

Veteran Member
Stand on the platform where the back end of coach 2 would stop, as the train goes past you if you cannot see FC in the front coach it means FC is in coach 4 so walk along the platform the 2 coach lengths to where coach 4 would stop as the train is slowing and you are there, job done.

If people cant help themselves a little bit then ther really is no hope.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Unfortunately at east croydon its impossible to walk or run along the platform because of the crowds.

I was looking at the 0723 East Croydon - Bedford today, it said 8 coaches but no 1st class signage on the screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.