• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza32

On Moderation
I think it will be next year now to be honest someone said they went to there' stage 1 and he overheard the instuctors saying there would be no more getting through and he failed so not so sure

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dwizzle123

I’ve been advised that they are looking at courses in October and November. Judging from the other replies they are giving around 2 months notice before sending offers out so I’m holding out that they will be making contact August for the October course and September for the November course. I’m at the stage where I’ve passed everything just waiting on a medical. Info has come from driver manager at WMT.

deano39

When did you guys apply I applied febuary and I still haven't done any of the test yet

Many thanks
I applied Feb passed all assesments and failed at interview (DMI) in june....think all positions are full now though so could be waiting for next intake unfortunately.

L.j.

I’ve been advised that they are looking at courses in October and November. Judging from the other replies they are giving around 2 months notice before sending offers out so I’m holding out that they will be making contact August for the October course and September for the November course. I’m at the stage where I’ve passed everything just waiting on a medical. Info has come from driver manager at WMT.

That's good to know, I was wondering when they would be in touch for my manager's interview and this does make sense, would be a waste of time and money for them to put people through stages and there are no positions left? Specially when they could of just cut people off at the application process to get the number of people they needed.

train_lover

That's good to know, I was wondering when they would be in touch for my manager's interview and this does make sense, would be a waste of time and money for them to put people through stages and there are no positions left? Specially when they could of just cut people off at the application process to get the number of people they needed.
The company is in constant need for drivers. They will be continually recruiting for years to come.

L.j.

Do you have any idea of when it's likely to be

No, i just had an email after my stage 2 saying congrats, and that there are no interviews pending at the moment, when they are they will be in touch as soon as possible.

Spyder01

I'm just waiting for the results of my medical, sure it'll be fine, then a start date I was told in the interview that it would be an October start and job based on Coventry. Can't wait!

L.j.

I'm just waiting for the results of my medical, sure it'll be fine, then a start date I was told in the interview that it would be an October start and job based on Coventry. Can't wait!

Congrats! What did they ask you in your interview? And also what did they do for the medical?

Spyder01

The interview had the usual "give us an example of" questions when you made a safety critical decision etc, along with why train driving.
The medical is blood pressure, sight, hearing, urine, and then modest tests to make sure you have coordination, balance, nothing to worry about

L.j.

The interview had the usual "give us an example of" questions when you made a safety critical decision etc, along with why train driving.
The medical is blood pressure, sight, hearing, urine, and then modest tests to make sure you have coordination, balance, nothing to worry about

Thanks, did they ask you any company questions like what do you know about us? Or why do you want to work for us? I've seen on the forum some people have had it and some haven't?

Tezza32

On Moderation
Well I haven't even done any of the test at all so I think I'm going to withdraw my application it's pointless

crebbs1

Well I haven't even done any of the test at all so I think I'm going to withdraw my application it's pointless

I understand your frustration, especially when you see others progressing but what you have to remember is that everybody started somewhere and most people who have start dates will have done the tests probably last year or year before.

Don’t lose hope, just keep the application running in the background and be patient.

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Not sure if I have been missed out but in 2018 I applied for the Crewe driver vacancy. I then got an email in Dec saying I was in the talent pool to take the assessments. I never heard anything since...was I missed out?

Luke Allen

Not sure if I have been missed out but in 2018 I applied for the Crewe driver vacancy. I then got an email in Dec saying I was in the talent pool to take the assessments. I never heard anything since...was I missed out?
Why don’t you contact the HR department and ask? I’ve always found them extremely helpful and quick to respond

Spyder01

Thanks, did they ask you any company questions like what do you know about us? Or why do you want to work for us? I've seen on the forum some people have had it and some haven't?
Not really, just focused on the examples of things I had done, all health and safety, good decision, difficult situations etc

bow

Hi
First time on this forum, very interesting though thanks guys....
I can’t see an answer to my question on here, so here goes my first post, yikes....
Does anyone know, if no news is good news????
I took my first lot of assessments for Trainee Driver, latter part of last week & I haven’t heard anything yet re pass or fail , yikes.... do you think I should have heard by now, either way please ???? Thanks

crebbs1

Hi
I can’t see an answer to my question on here, so here goes my first post, yikes....
I took my first lot of assessments for Trainee Driver, latter part of last week & I haven’t heard anything yet re pass or fail , yikes.... do you think I should have heard by now, either way please ???? Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.
In answer to your question, I would personally give it at least two weeks before you start panicking about it. Its nail biting stuff waiting :)
Good luck.

Withoutabix

Hi

Bow, I did my Stage 1 last Thursday and received an Email this morning saying I was successful, so Id expect to hear something in the next few days so fingers crossed for you.

For others can anybody confirm the location for Stage 2, the assessment guy was talking about somewhere in watford, seemed slightly strage to me to be sending people from the midlands down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.