• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG96LFC

Bow, I did my Stage 1 last Thursday and received an Email this morning saying I was successful, so Id expect to hear something in the next few days so fingers crossed for you.

For others can anybody confirm the location for Stage 2, the assessment guy was talking about somewhere in watford, seemed slightly strage to me to be sending people from the midlands down there?
Had my stage 2 recently at 1 Wellstones, Watford, WD17 2AE. Took the train, short walk from Watford High Street station. If getting the train, get one of those ‘anytime’ tickets as the stage 2 will likely finish a few hours after the email says it will finish

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

akasutts

Bow, I did my Stage 1 last Thursday and received an Email this morning saying I was successful, so Id expect to hear something in the next few days so fingers crossed for you.

For others can anybody confirm the location for Stage 2, the assessment guy was talking about somewhere in watford, seemed slightly strage to me to be sending people from the midlands down there?

Hi mate. Yes stage 2 will be in Watford at the OPC. You will do the computer tests and MMI. It's basically on the High Street and around a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Good luck.

birmz_

All the Toc's around the country use the same place I've never heard of anyone doing stage 2 tests anywhere other than there.

train_lover

DB do the tests at Doncaster. As far as I'm aware only the OPC and DB are the only companies who can do it.

Withoutabix

Ah okay guys makes sense then, anybody have a rough idea on how much notice they give for stage 2. Only got 4 working days for my stage 1 which made it difficult to rearrange my current work hoping for at least a few weeks notice!

GG96LFC

Ah okay guys makes sense then, anybody have a rough idea on how much notice they give for stage 2. Only got 4 working days for my stage 1 which made it difficult to rearrange my current work hoping for at least a few weeks notice!
Got 10 days notice for my stage 2. After stage 2 I only got 2 days notice for the Driver Manager Interview

Spyder01

Got the phone call I'd been waiting for today :)
Start training 2nd week in October....I'm over the moon to hear at last. Anyone else down for Coventry?

BMoore

Got the phone call I'd been waiting for today :)
Start training 2nd week in October....I'm over the moon to hear at last. Anyone else down for Coventry?
Hey, i'm on the same date but down for Birmingham

Stigy

Established Member
All the Toc's around the country use the same place I've never heard of anyone doing stage 2 tests anywhere other than there.
Freightliner use Watford and Crewe. SWR use Southampton and undertake the tests themselves etc. It varies between TOC/FOC as to where they carry out testing, even if the OPC do it.

S-Car-Go

8 weeks for me. Start in Brum, then further training in Northampton I believe, and maybe a smidge in Bletchley. Anyone else got a 30th Sep start too?

L.j.

Just had an email from WMT that 2019 full now they have all the candidates for this year and I will be in a talent pool until more vacancies come up.

I was waiting on my DMI.

Wba0986

Same here, oh well back burner until next year then. Disappointing but not finished so light at end of long tunnel.

Tezza32

On Moderation
Well I haven't even done any of the test so to be honest it's time to give up not waiting for years or 6 months just to be told this

L.j.

Well at least its just a waiting game till next year, can always keep a look out for other companies in the meantime, won't have to do all the tests again for now, only if any other companies need you to do any of the tests you didn't do, that they require, other than that possible straight to DMI.

ba82

Hello. I have got stage 2 of the train driver test. I have got a Multi model interview can anybody help on what this is?

SJN

Hi. I have my stage one soon. Can anyone tell me how many fault finding questions they answered to get an enhanced pass please.

L.j.

Hello. I have got stage 2 of the train driver test. I have got a Multi model interview can anybody help on what this is?
Hi, when you do your stage 2 you will do your computer tests, once they have been completed they will tell you if you have passed them about 5-10mins later if you have failed they will send you home if you have passed you will go on to MMI.

The MMI is like an interview just think of the STAR way of answering Situation Task Acton Result when answering questions and you will be fine, try to use situations that can be similar to what you would need for a driver role, you should be fine interviews can take 45mins to 1hr 30nins sometimes depending on how you answer if they want more detail so be as detailed on your situations as you can.

L.j.

Hi. I have my stage one soon. Can anyone tell me how many fault finding questions they answered to get an enhanced pass please.
when i did it there are 2 fault finding tests to do, the one with the dials to put in order think i did about 25-30 questions and the one with the information to put the right fault codes, think I did about 10-15 questions on that one.

L.j.

Keep in mind stage one you won't complete all the questions in the amount of time you get so don't lose your mind thinking if anyone has done the lot they have not.

SJN

Hi. Thanks. I have found the practice ones quite simple but have been told theres more to look for in the real ones. Just wondered how many people realistically manage to answer to get enhanced.

L.j.

Hi. Thanks. I have found the practice ones quite simple but have been told theres more to look for in the real ones. Just wondered how many people realistically manage to answer to get enhanced.
Well the amount I answered in my previous message I passed and from what I am aware it was enhanced, every TOC has they own score they classify as enhanced. There is more detail in the fault finding questions but you will be fine.

dwizzle123

There’s a course scheduled for 11th November 2019. All places have been provisionally allocated to those who have passed the managers interview.

There’s still a backlog of medicals to take place so some people may not have been informed they’re on a course yet!

L.j.

I'm just waiting on my DMI now, I had an email saying I have to wait for now and they will be in touch, so I guess this years places / courses are full, unless anyone can't go, or more vacancies become available.

DWild

Hi, been watching this thread for a while and I’m in the same situation as yourself dwizzle, waiting for a medical. Fingers crossed that’s correct about a course on 11th November as I’ve had an email saying all places have been filled and I’m in a talent pool waiting for more vacancies? Wondering if you received the same email? Cheers

Last edited:

dwizzle123

Hi, been watching this thread for a while and I’m in the same situation as yourself dwizzle, waiting for a medical. Fingers crossed that’s correct about a course on 11th November as I’ve had an email saying all places have been filled and I’m in a talent pool waiting for more vacancies? Wondering if you received the same email? Cheers

No I didn’t receive that email. I phoned them up as everything seemed to stall after passing the manager interview. They told me then that I’d been put on a course in November, subject to medical which they’ve got a bit of a backlog for.

Spyder01

Had my uniform sizing session and document check yesterday, submitted the dbs check forms and told work I'll be leaving. 2 months to go, can't wait....

Grafter1900

I've been told October start subject to a medical, been waiting 8 weeks for a medical, hopefully not to long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.