• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafter1900

Good luck lads with assessments and interviews, I am 4 months into the driver training and really enjoying it...there is so much to learn and understand and retain.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Good luck lads with assessments and interviews, I am 4 months into the driver training and really enjoying it...there is so much to learn and understand and retain.

Anything you’d care to share in your experience as a trainee?
I’m sure we’d all love to hear.

Spyder01

Anything you’d care to share in your experience as a trainee?
I’m sure we’d all love to hear.

As you'd expect, there's a lot of information to learn. Use any spare time to revise. Write out your own notes using coloured pens/highlighters to emphasise details and use the learning materials you're given. Form a what'sapp group so you can ask each other questions, some groups come in an hour early, especially on the traction section, to test each other, this definitely helps. The teaching quality is excellent, ask lots of questions, don't worry if you're not from a railway background, it makes little difference. Any extra time you give the revision at home will help.
I should start my driving hours soon, see you all out there.

Wba0986

Get in!!!! Did stage 1 on wednesday and just found out I passed. Good luck to others taking the tests monday

andyccfc

Passed stage one on Wednesday too. Bit of a surprise as I hardly practiced at all!

Dilksy2396

Finally got stage 1 done with!!

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be! I feel my practice session's really did help me today!

Now to just play the waiting game for my results....

Finally got stage 1 done with!!

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be! I feel my practice session's really did help me today!

Now to just play the waiting game for my results....

Wasn't too bad at all, I felt maybe the DFFT was the hardest part of the test day, but nothing was as bad as expected.
Here’s hoping we have passed.

Dilksy2396

Wasn't too bad at all, I felt maybe the DFFT was the hardest part of the test day, but nothing was as bad as expected.
Here’s hoping we have passed.

Yeah it wasn't too bad. I felt at ease with most of the tests! Think that was down to the amount of practice I did haha!

Where abouts was you sat? I was in a white shirt glasses on, sat right at the back on the left.

Yeah it wasn't too bad. I felt at ease with most of the tests! Think that was down to the amount of practice I did haha!

Where abouts was you sat? I was in a white shirt glasses on, sat right at the back on the left.

I did see you Dilksy, I just didn’t get a chance to introduce myself, I was at the left hand side of the class in the blue suit/pink shirt.

Sat next to the fellow with the hair bun.

Tezza32

On Moderation
How did you get on? I hope you passed my 6 months is nearly up but I'm not sure if I'm going to try again to much pressure and hassle.

Tezza32

On Moderation
Well when I taken them in September for WMT apparently they have high pass rate.

I got standard on glop test
Bourdon test standard and rest they said I failed so gawd knows.

Slinky252

Hi there.

I originally applied last february to West Mids. I watch this thread, to see how people are getting on within through the process I applied. I messed up the SJT but can’t wait to try again. A mate of mine who applied At the same time as got to stage 2. Just wondering then, because they are using what I would understand to be the last of the successful candidates after sift. Would they likely be recruiting in the near future? Would any of you have knowledge on west mids recruiting timescales ? Anyway , congrats to all who are still in this application process.

Dilksy2396

I appreciate it
Have you not received a response yet?

Yeah I heard back around mid day. I passed everything to the higher standard apart from the group bourdon :( so got to wait six months now just because of 1 test. So well gutted, I thought I had done so well.

zjmx

Hey can someone give me some advice pls on WMT recruiting? I applied for the senior conductor role which they sent me an online assessment for. I completed it and received a text 5 days later saying I had an email from recruitment saying I would hear within 4 weeks. I did also apply for a ticket office role however I did the online assessment and got the usual "not shortlisted" email with no text. What's the difference? I hope I get through as I so desperately want this role!!
Do you guys know the process? Thank you.

zjmx

May I add that I did the assessment for the senior conductor role on Thursday 13th Feb and got the email on Monday 17th. Whereas for the ticket office I received nothing apart from the unsuccessful email after completing the assessment 15 days ago!
Ah great mate well done!! All the best at stage 2

Supertrains19

You failed the SJT for the ticket office but passed the SC one, next stage will be invited for assessments and then if successful an interview leading to offer of employment or a talent pool awaiting a position. Next email will be assessments probably in Birmingham depending on depot applied for.

zjmx

You failed the SJT for the ticket office but passed the SC one, next stage will be invited for assessments and then if successful an interview leading to offer of employment or a talent pool awaiting a position. Next email will be assessments probably in Birmingham depending on depot applied for.

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it and it's put my mind more at ease haha. Yes I applied for Birmingham New Street, it being my closest depot. Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

It's weird because the SJT for both roles were the same. I obviously answered them differently the second time!

Supertrains19

Different roles so different emphasis on safety critical for SC and customer service for ticket Office so you might not have answered differently just differing scale they score, good luck for the next stage, WMT use group bourdon so look at the main page and do search as lots been posted on the tests but if I’m honest other than group bourdon just use practice material sent and you should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.