• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjmx

Different roles so different emphasis on safety critical for SC and customer service for ticket Office so you might not have answered differently just differing scale they score, good luck for the next stage, WMT use group bourdon so look at the main page and do search as lots been posted on the tests but if I’m honest other than group bourdon just use practice material sent and you should be fine

Ah okay, I understand! That's fantastic thank you so much for the info. I am really eager about it all as I desperately want this role. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself though and flop the tests. Hopefully as you say with all the material given and advice on here I'll be fine. Thanks so much again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tezza32

On Moderation
Its a no for me how well. I didn't have railway experience anyway. Only notice after I applied good luck who got throught

Tezza32

On Moderation
Trainee train driver but they did ask for 3 baddsley drive years experience on the railway so I didn't have a chance.

I’ll be heading down to Watford Sunday evening, stay the night at a hotel, since my stage 2 assessment is at 8:45am on Monday.

Better to be rested than rush down to London on the day I thought.

abacus614

I’ll be heading down to Watford Sunday evening, stay the night at a hotel, since my stage 2 assessment is at 8:45am on Monday.

Better to be rested than rush down to London on the day I thought.
I've done the same. I've booked in at the best western for the following week. Got to phone in sick from Watford. Let me know how you get on. Best of luck.

Tubes88

Anybody who sat stage 2 yesterday able to provide any advice on how the day went? I've got mine next week. Hope it went well for everyone

Wba0986

Anybody who sat stage 2 yesterday able to provide any advice on how the day went? I've got mine next week. Hope it went well for everyone
Sat mine today. 1st test is a test of concentration so watching a screen for 30 mins and when the grey box goes dark you press a button.
2nd test the picture flashes up briefly and you have to say how of the 5 answers where visible.
3rd test 2 joystick which 1 moves up or down and the other left or right. This was difficult to control but no need to rush it too much speed and accuracy are both as important as each other.
All 5 who sat this morning passed all the tests.
Mmi is after. A lot of this seemed to concentrate on how you felt in the situation and in depth questioning on your responses.
Relax, it's not as bad as you expect.
Make sure you find the door in as there is no signage for the building. It is a large wooden door in a back alley behind ask pizza.

Wba0986

I've done the same. I've booked in at the best western for the following week. Got to phone in sick from Watford. Let me know how you get on. Best of luck.
I stayed at the best western last night. Nice simple dated hotel but did the job.
For the opc building From the front door turn right towards the main right then go near enough straight over and into what looks like a private car park at the rear of some shops. Walk to the end of the brick building and turn right down a back street. Go nearly all the way to the end. Just before the end of the alley is a large wooden door on your left. This is the door into the opc.
Good luck and it's not as bad as you think it will be.

abacus614

Sat mine today. 1st test is a test of concentration so watching a screen for 30 mins and when the grey box goes dark you press a button.
2nd test the picture flashes up briefly and you have to say how of the 5 answers where visible.
3rd test 2 joystick which 1 moves up or down and the other left or right. This was difficult to control but no need to rush it too much speed and accuracy are both as important as each other.
Mmi is after. A lot of this seemed to concentrate on how you felt in the situation and in depth questioning on your responses.
Make sure you find the door in as there is no signage for the building. It is a large wooden door in a back alley behind ask pizza.
So are you saying you didn't do the mmi?

Tubes88

That's great, thank you for the advice

So are you saying you didn't do the mmi?
No you do sit the MMI as well

Wba0986

What sort of stuff did they ask in the MMI?
When have you dealt with an emergency situation.
When have you had to persevere with a task.
When have you done a role similar to a train driver.
When have you had to follow rules and procedures.
And 2 others but mind has gone blank. If I remember I will put them up. Good luck all

From 8:45am I got out at 1:15pm, although I was the first person to do the MMI that day out of the 6 potentials people that could’ve been there.

We had 2 no shows and one failure before the MMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.