• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMTrains livery and station branding

Liam L

Have you got a source for that? 323211 is currently sub-leased from Northern back to WMR along with all the other units planned to transfer to Northern. 323220 is directly leased to WMR, indicating it is not one of those transferring.
I was told it was the units which had exams done at Longsight. Which 211 was done at Doncaster.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43102EMR

Established Member
Have you got a source for that? 323211 is currently sub-leased from Northern back to WMR along with all the other units planned to transfer to Northern. 323220 is directly leased to WMR, indicating it is not one of those transferring.
Have you got a source for that?

JW4

The Centro livery really does look good in darker lighting around it

Attachments

• IMG_8239.jpeg
    IMG_8239.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8241.jpeg
    IMG_8241.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Dunno if this is the right thread, but it appears the 350/3s are finally being refurbished according to this tweet with pictures of the refurbished first area: https://twitter.com/inv_pete/status/1711605661442695562?s=46&t=6i1aBPVcMtBcOm-7YL6dVA

(Attached images are not mine)
Somewhat ironic that they wait until first class is declassified to refurbish the first class :lol:
I take it that means the seats are there to stay then. I for one prefer them, and love a seat that reclines, so I'm certainly not complaining.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I take it that means the seats are there to stay then. I for one prefer them, and love a seat that reclines, so I'm certainly not complaining.

They're all yours. The back cushion is a weird shape and hurts my back, and the legroom is terrible. I'd choose Standard even in a /2.

There is indeed no plan to replace those seats, there's not really any point. They are a different style to Standard and peoples' opinions on them may vary, but they're still 2+2 so a reasonable Standard product.

GWVillager

Somewhat ironic that they wait until first class is declassified to refurbish the first class :lol:
I love them too, especially when reclined!

If the doors and curtains were kept, the ex-first class section might have made a nice quiet zone.

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Dunno if this is the right thread, but it appears the 350/3s are finally being refurbished according to this tweet with pictures of the refurbished first area: https://twitter.com/inv_pete/status/1711605661442695562?s=46&t=6i1aBPVcMtBcOm-7YL6dVA

(Attached images are not mine)

The seating orientation seems to have been changed; in the standard class section between the entrance doors and the former bulkhead (the one that was in an intermediate position, not the one at a vestibule) previously there were facing seats in this section, now they are uni-directional and all face the table. I wonder if the pitch in the former 1st has been reduced because I think uni-directional seating takes up slightly more space than facing without a table.
It also looks like that intermediate bulkhead has been completely removed but the one at the other end (near to vestibule) has just had the doors taken away.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The seating orientation seems to have been changed; in the standard class section between the entrance doors and the former bulkhead (the one that was in an intermediate position, not the one at a vestibule) previously there were facing seats in this section, now they are uni-directional and all face the table. I wonder if the pitch in the former 1st has been reduced because I think uni-directional seating takes up slightly more space than facing without a table.
It also looks like that intermediate bulkhead has been completely removed but the one at the other end (near to vestibule) has just had the doors taken away.

You're not seeing that Standard section there, just "1st". The photographer appears to be stood in the doorway and using a wide angle lens. 1st has 3 windows, then the 4th is behind the photographer in that small Standard area.

AJDesiro

They're still facing each other from what I see in the image.

Merle Haggard

Established Member
They're still facing each other from what I see in the image.

Yes sorry, you're right. I thought the left hand view was from about the position of the 'intermediate' bulkhead and then mis-counted the seats. In fact, it's from the door vestibule at the opposite end. I'll delete my thread in a while, once there's been an opportunity for others to see your response.

Liam L

jonesy3001

Established Member
Is it confirmed to be for transfer?
Yep, diligentdave put a post in this thread and he's never wrong, post 30.

Liam L

Yep, diligentdave put a post in this thread and he's never wrong, post 30.
I may have to go and get that move then... Unsure on the unit. However I would have a guess it will be unit which has had a digitmod upgrade

londonmidland

Established Member
Not sure if this is applicable for this thread but all WMT/LNR stations now have text-to-speech announcements, with stations receiving new customer information displays and clocks.

LED lighting is also being rolled out across the network - still on-going.

GWVillager

Not sure if this is applicable for this thread but all WMT/LNR stations now have text-to-speech announcements, with stations receiving new customer information displays and clocks.

LED lighting is also being rolled out across the network - still on-going.
Who’s paying for this? Was it an old franchise commitment?

I also can’t say I’ve heard any of the new announcements.

JW4

all WMT/LNR stations now have text-to-speech announcements, with stations receiving new customer information displays and clocks.
Like the Anne replacement announcements and this style of information displays?

Attachments

• IMG_6393.jpeg
    IMG_6393.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 83