• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

377/5 refresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fincra5

Established Member
Probably like this... :lol:

Attachments

• bgreen377501selhurst050209c.jpg
    bgreen377501selhurst050209c.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 135
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

d2ruv

Where will they be going
I hope they go on the WLL as 1tph really isn't enough on that route

Class 466

Established Member
Metro and MK services I guess. Not enough paths for 2tph on the MKs.

Until there's official confirmation on where they are heading, I'm going to hold off trying to work out what they will work!

D365

Veteran Member
It's been planned that the Thameslink 377/2s will be used to strengthen the MK trains to eight cars.

Class377/5

Established Member
It's been planned that the Thameslink 377/2s will be used to strengthen the MK trains to eight cars.

Correct with the 377/5 going into the 377 4 car pool. Will make sense when other things are announced.

387star

On Moderation
do 377/5s suffer from squeaky seat tray syndrome? I think not but that might be because they are newer as they are the same design on the 'ironing board' middle coach seats as the /1-4s

The squeaky seat back trays really are infuriating . Surely Bombardier engineers can solve this problem? It seems the trays are over tightened as they are incredibly stiff. I am not sure what is worse a very squeaky tray that stays up or a loose but still slightly squeaky tray that gradually lowers during each kink in the track till it finally gives way and drops again

377/5s do however suffer from squeaky shot seat springs in the 2+2 layout leading and trailing coaches which will presumably be fixed during the C6

Never noticed such problems on desiros...

Last edited:

Class 466

Established Member
do 377/5s suffer from squeaky seat tray syndrome? I think not but that might be because they are newer as they are the same design on the 'ironing board' middle coach seats as the /1-4s

The squeaky seat back trays really are infuriating . Surely Bombardier engineers can solve this problem? It seems the trays are over tightened as they are incredibly stiff. I am not sure what is worse a very squeaky tray that stays up or a loose but still slightly squeaky tray that gradually lowers during each kink in the track till it finally gives way and drops again

377/5s do however suffer from squeaky shot seat springs in the 2+2 layout leading and trailing coaches which will presumably be fixed during the C6

Never noticed such problems on desiros...

That would be because Desiro's have a different seat design...

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Yes with 10 car 377 vice 8 car 455. Note this doesn't mean 455 being withdrawn, just reality that they will be nearly at the end of their lives and fail more often.

Thanks 10-car 377 certainly makes sense on the Metro/outer suburban route and I'm quite partial to a 377 turning up on my route into London Bridge especially as I find the seats more comfortable than a 455

jon0844

Veteran Member
Maybe if GTR want to keep the Southern brand, they would be sent for relivery in green when the repaint cycle comes around
They'd do that and then announce the next day a brand new logo and colour scheme!

physics34

Established Member
Maybe if GTR want to keep the Southern brand, they would be sent for relivery in green when the repaint cycle comes around

Well this is the repaint cycle (c6). They will probably just get revinyled or something.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Well this is the repaint cycle (c6). They will probably just get revinyled or something.

I did wonder this but then somebody posted that Selhurst don't do repaints. And how would "Southern" vinyls work? The "Northern Lights" vinyls would not be appropriate any more.

I would be more than happy to trot down to Selhurst with a pot of green paint:p

Class 466

Established Member
I did wonder this but then somebody posted that Selhurst don't do repaints. And how would "Southern" vinyls work? The "Northern Lights" vinyls would not be appropriate any more.

I would be more than happy to trot down to Selhurst with a pot of green paint:p

It is a shame the won't be going into Dark Blue with Light blue doors ;) (Maybe I'm biased) bottom of the pile for TOCs in the south (again) :roll:

Class377/5

Established Member
White viynal over purple won't look great I believe.

377501 will be heading home at the end of the week so should be out early next week.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Make it thicker, just not so thick the trains can no longer fit through tunnels.

westcoaster

Established Member
377501 has just arrived back at Bedford has had Fcc vinyls removed, in base coat purple with pink doors. Only has thameslink stickers on coach 1&4.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Nope. Same as on the current stock.

GTR doesn't want to link the 377 experience to its new branding.

Will passengers not see a link between a logo saying ThamesLink and one saying Thameslink?!

Will that lower case l trick people into thinking they're different? Or is the slash?

physics34

Established Member
Nope. Same as on the current stock.

GTR doesn't want to link the 377 experience to its new branding.

Go Ahead (Govia) are extremely brand conscious, so this doesnt surprise me BUT at a time when everything is a muddle, units are running around in all different liveries, why are they taking it so seriously.........for a start they are running around new 700s in the old Thameslink logo and they dont seem bothered!

The fact that the new logo is bizarrely pointless is a different argument (i get their argument to highlight the "Link" part of the wording).

Status
Not open for further replies.