• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

91107 (91007 'Skyfall' livery) timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I too am under the impression it will emerge tomorrow in skyfell colours...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
There is a picture on Facebook that says to be the stickers coming off at BN. It's very good photoshopping if its a wind up...

ModernRailways

Established Member
I've also just seen that image, however it is only of the carriages. Obviously they will need to be split up and put into other sets now.
What I think is happening is they are stripping the carriages, but the Class 91 and DVT will remain in Skyfall livery until August where they will then receive a special nameplate. The carriages do need to be moved around and the Skyfall 91 and DVT will end up like the Flying Scotsman 91 and DVT where they end up on any set.

Oh and here's the image:
969653_10201325117476567_468796821_n.jpg

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I saw the stock and DVT at Edinburgh yesterday. It worked the 17:30 to Kings Cross.

The loco was not on the train. It was the one named West Riding Limited instead.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I've also just seen that image, however it is only of the carriages. Obviously they will need to be split up and put into other sets now.
What I think is happening is they are stripping the carriages, but the Class 91 and DVT will remain in Skyfall livery until August where they will then receive a special nameplate. The carriages do need to be moved around and the Skyfall 91 and DVT will end up like the Flying Scotsman 91 and DVT where they end up on any set.
It's pretty rare for the mark 4 carriages to be swapped between sets - The formations are generally fixed. It's also quite uncommon (Although not totally unheard of) for the DVTs to be swapped between different mark 4 rakes: It's mainly the 91s that do the moving around between sets due to their different maintenance regime to the hauled stock.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It's pretty rare for the mark 4 carriages to be swapped between sets - The formations are generally fixed. It's also quite uncommon (Although not totally unheard of) for the DVTs to be swapped between different mark 4 rakes: It's mainly the 91s that do the moving around between sets due to their different maintenance regime to the hauled stock.

I wonder if kepeing the branded loco on the branded stock messed about with the maintenace schedules. Perhaps that is why the loco has come off. It might be in for an exam or some repair work.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I wonder if kepeing the branded loco on the branded stock messed about with the maintenace schedules. Perhaps that is why the loco has come off. It might be in for an exam or some repair work.
I would think that that is quite likely. I think that East Coast actually did quite well in keeping the matching loco with the correct carriage rake for as long as they have done, given how often the 91s typically seem to be rotated between sets.

ash39

Established Member
Looks like the vinyl has taken a bit of the orange cantrail stripe off with it... top right.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
So it's entirely possible that we have a Bond themed Flying Scotsman... this is going to get interesting!

TP

craig87034

The 'skyfull' dvt 82231 is on todays drag set can confirm all that remains is the '007' numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.