• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A heatwave looming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I enjoy the hot weather myself; my ideal temperature conditions are a still air temperature of between 24°C and 28°C; and for some reason I can sleep better in hot weather than in the rest of the year...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
This is awful news :cry:

Summer is too hot in this country as it is, please let it rain. Let's face it rain is needed after the spring

I think Scotland could go independent and survive solely on exporting rainwater to the South of England.

WestCoast

Established Member
I am a heat lover, up to a certain point. Anywhere 22C up to about 28C is comfortable for me, but higher than that it can be become a little unpleasant. If you're just lying on a beach or doing nothing, then higher than that is fine!

It's always raining in the North West, seems to be endless! We are nowhere near drought.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I am surprised that at this time of the year, no-one has mentioned the Pollen Count, which is always high normally in JUNE and JULY.

The coming period of high temperatures will really aggrevate the problems for Hay Fever sufferers, even if on medication. I will be surprised if many of the forum members are not afflicted by this problem.

HST Power

Established Member
I am a heat lover, up to a certain point. Anywhere 22C up to about 28C is comfortable for me, but higher than that it can be become a little unpleasant. If you're just lying on a beach or doing nothing, then higher than that is fine!

Fully agree.

I'd much rather it be hot than cold, though I do get annoyed when the heat becomes excessive for days at a time. That's when you start getting fed up and wishing it would rain! Living down in the South East, rain is virtually non-existent, as is snow. You get two inches of the stuff and that's a new record!

43021HST

Established Member
Fully agree.

I'd much rather it be hot than cold, though I do get annoyed when the heat becomes excessive for days at a time. That's when you start getting fed up and wishing it would rain! Living down in the South East, rain is virtually non-existent,

Virtually non existant!? Every time I step out of the door I'm always getting bloody soaked, its not good for my trilby hat! My ideal weather is sunny, cold and breezy.

j0hn0

I prefer it cold as I am usually far too hot internally. Air con systems are never consistent in this country, so I prefer cold weather, then people can just put the heating on.

Maybe due to being born in the winter after the hottest summer ever?

I dunno, heat is fine without humidity, in this country, the air is always damp as we are surrounded by water.

Heat in Germany is actually really nice

sprinterguy

Established Member
Not meaning to jinx anything, as the one and only festival I'm attending this year is later on in the summer season, but we've had an exceptionally good run of decent weather over the last two or three months, and as far as I can tell it looks set to continue. Speaking for the West Midlands at least, which is usually very dry anyway compared to many other areas of the country due to its' central location. This is good news, as the last time I didn't get rained on at a festival (usually do two big festivals per summer and a range of local ones) was in 2007, and IMO the last really decent summer we had was in 2006, so it would be good to see a repeat of that after the recent run of disappointingly wet, cool summers.

I like my summers hot and sunny and my winters cold and snowy: I love the diverse range of weather conditions we get to enjoy over the course of the year in this country and like to see the extremes of the opposing seasons. The winter we've just had was exceptionally cold and snowy, so now bring on the sun I say!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I hope we do have some proper summer. Any bright days so far have been accompanied by force nine gales as well as torrential downpours at roughly 2:00pm each day.

Eng274

I'm in two minds with this rain v sun argument TBH.

I perspire very easily, and recently i've shunned public transport and just walked everywhere in town. As a result of Edinburgh's many hills I'm soaked through before long, as I prefer to power it like a man on a mission rather than warble around like a tourist. It also means I need to carry a litre of water to stay hydrated.

when it rains I don't mind it too much, but under the same circumstances i am aware that my forehead turns the water into steam :| so I never want to be still for people to notice this :lol:

I'd take the sun over the rain, but only if there's a 40mph headwind to cool me down whichever way I face.

HST Power

Established Member
Virtually non existant!? Every time I step out of the door I'm always getting bloody soaked, its not good for my trilby hat! My ideal weather is sunny, cold and breezy.

You live in Reading. I live in Letchworth. There's a fair distance. I'm North of London, your to the West.

valenta

30 degrees for London on Monday. Bl***y great timing as I've got a business trip down there.

Established Member
Just seen the weather forecast, glad I'm not here over the weekend; will be somewhere where the forecast is just as nice but (hopefully!) without the heat and humidity 8-)

For me the best weather is sunshine but not too hot or windy, spring is best :D I detest draughts of any sort, spent far too many nights in mechanical signalboxes trying to keep warm in the past.

ACE1888

As much 'heat' and sunshine as we can get please...make a nice change from the poor weather of the last 6/7 weeks in Cornwall, makes me want to go out n about with the camera more too! Got two games of cricket this weekend too, in between the 3 railtours to Penzance.

Scotrail84

Established Member
I like warm weather but not when im fly fishing. If its too bright and hot then the trout go down and its harder to catch them :cry: Although i got a 4lb rainbow last night with the sun out it was a cracking evening :D

SS4

Established Member
Sunday and Monday are going to be the worst days (30 and 32 respectively) but luckily heavy rain is forecast for Tuesday which is when I'll be down there. Back in Brum it will be a few degrees cooler

As for 28 degrees, if we're talking Fahrenheit then that's excellent! Celcius, on the other hand, is far too hot.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have any of you guys ever left this country? 28 degrees isn't hot :lol:

Technically I've been to Wales :lol: but not left Great Britain largely due to this fact. I would go to Tromso if I could afford it though

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Technically I've been to Wales :lol: but not left Great Britain largely due to this fact. I would go to Tromso if I could afford it though

We are going to visit Tromso while on a cruise! I am taking a brolly and a big jacket!

HST Power

Established Member
I will be in South Africa this July, and in the Maldives next Easter, so it should be pleasantly warm! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.