• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva london trainee driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OneLowban

Like OneLowban said, just keep practising. Make sure you get a good nights rest the night before and make sure you leave early enough as not to be late.
When it’s time to take the tests the lady will give instructions and there will be practise tests before each assessment which will show you exactly what is expected. Make sure you listen and follow the instructions carefully. If you have prepared well you will be fine.
Best of luck mate, let us know how you get on

Yeah pretty much that ^.

Also in my experience the assessments were not as hard as I had built myself up to believe they were.

Without sounding like Billy, I believe the majority of the tests are easy, but at the same time so easily failed. It’s a weird one.

Just practice and when the day comes make sure you ask questions if you need to, get good rest, stay calm and stay focused.

You should do fine, best of luck.

Bruce365

Is the application for new cross and wilesden depots? Is there parking available at both depots? Sorry if this has been covered already. Good luck to those in the process!

Is the application for new cross and wilesden depots? Is there parking available at both depots? Sorry if this has been covered already. Good luck to those in the process!

Its for New Cross, but i don't know about parking sorry

slidingdoors

Hard luck bud. At least you still have a life intact as the DFFT and SJD don't count. 6 months and have another bash.

Hard luck bud. At least you still have a life intact as the DFFT and SJD don't count. 6 months and have another bash.

I got informed on the phone just a minute ago the SJT counts for Arriva but not all companies, so I only have one more attempt at SJT with arriva!

slidingdoors

I got informed on the phone just a minute ago the SJT counts for Arriva but not all companies, so I only have one more attempt at SJT with arriva!

I'm not sure that's the case or did they confirm that? I don't think the 'additional' / non 2 strike tests have that rule. Only that you can't do it again within 6 months.. What date did you do your assessments?

I'm not sure that's the case or did they confirm that? I don't think the 'additional' / non 2 strike tests have that rule. Only that you can't do it again within 6 months.. What date did you do your assessments?

This is what the man said from OPC, and the 2nd August.

HR have just confirmed I only have 1 Life left for part of there Company.

Charliew24

Hi guys

I done my test on the 1st of August and was unsuccessful. I spoke to becky simmonds at HR and she wasn’t 100% on my test results and told me to call the company that organised the test.

So I passed everything at enhanced level apart from the group bourden which I passed at national level.

This means I have 1 strike for enhanced but not national level TOCs

From what I gather I can still apply for other TOC’s in the mean time that don’t require you to pass at enhanced level but have to wait 6 months for to do a enhanced level test again.

So basically I passed at national level.

Charliew24

Wait what so they told you that you failed but actually passed ?

I was unsuccessful with London overground at enhanced level.

My actual results out of the 4 test.

Group Bourden - passed at national level but failed at enhanced

The rest I passed at enhanced level.

These result would have been good enough for a TOC at national level though

ChappyT

I applied in March and got an email last month inviting me to the first assessment stage which is on the 26th September next week. In the email I received it states that I will be sitting a 2 concentration tests a fault finding test and a situational judgement test. However they have sent me practise material for 8 different types of assessments as if I pass the first assessment day the second assessment day would be the week after. Can anyone please help me identify correctly which tests are the concentration tests?

Last edited:

Teddyward

I applied in March and got an email last month inviting me to the first assessment stage which is on the 26th September next week. In the email I received it states that I will be sitting a 2 concentration tests a fault finding test and a situational judgement test. However they have sent me practise material for 8 different types of assessments as if I pass the first assessment day the second assessment day would be the week after. Can anyone please help me identify correctly which tests are the concentration tests?
The two concentration tests on day 1 will be group bourdon and tea-occ.

James Troy

Hi there,
Well done on getting as far as you have !
I am new to the forum and wondered if I could clarify something with anyone that is further ahead on the process. I passed stage 1 at ARL and have a date for stage 2 in Watford. I checked Arriva’s FAQ and got the list of assessments and interview required on the day however the invite I received by email seems to have far less assessments on it.
Is there anyway someone could clear up exactly what goes on at stage 2 please?
Thank you in advance and good luck to you all.
Received a call today telling me that I passed my MMI and to schedule a date next week for the DMI but I needed to check my work schedule so just waiting on a call back to arrange.
ll done

Guru

Follow a dot round a circle and click when the sequence doesn’t follow
Check two columns of shapes to see if they match
Final part do both at same time.
So in the third part. If we just work on left hand side and don't do right hand side does that mean .. knocked out ?.

OneLowban

So in the third part. If we just work on left hand side and don't do right hand side does that mean .. knocked out ?.
Pretty sure, yeah. Don’t do that. :smile:

From what I remember you have to do both tasks simultaneously whilst prioritising the left?

*I haven’t read the thread sorry if this is said already.

Scott1991

Hi all, has anyone sat a DMI recently with ARRIVA? I have mine next week and seeing if anyone has any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.