• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tron81

Those who have been through the process.. who is the assessing body?

Many thanks

ferhat

guys i have passed two assessment centres in 2015. i failed the VSE test. As far as i know VSE is not compulsory.Its only ARRIVA does this. (arriva london was LOROL) apart from VSE i have passes all the tests. anyone any suggestions. i have been applying and applying and i am getting no results for nearly 4 years now.

ferhat

MTR crossrail uses the VSE also

i know but i don't know what my situation is at this moment. I passed my compulsory tests. Attended two assessment centres and passed all the test except VSE and that is not compulsory. As long as i get a chance with anyone i will go for it. i now want to appy for abellion scotsrail but not sure which depot they want drivers for.

Firestarter

i know but i don't know what my situation is at this moment. I passed my compulsory tests. Attended two assessment centres and passed all the test except VSE and that is not compulsory. As long as i get a chance with anyone i will go for it. i now want to appy for abellion scotsrail but not sure which depot they want drivers for.

1)Ask in the Scotrail thread as this thread is about ARL
2) the best way to find out is to apply

Techno77

guys i have passed two assessment centres in 2015. i failed the VSE test. As far as i know VSE is not compulsory.Its only ARRIVA does this. (arriva london was LOROL) apart from VSE i have passes all the tests. anyone any suggestions. i have been applying and applying and i am getting no results for nearly 4 years now.
2015 is 4 years ago. That might be one of the reasons. Some TOC's don't even consider assessment passes more than 2 years old

chiaurato

When it comes time for a DMI guys do yourselves a bit of a favour and do your own reasearch so when you get asked to "tell us what you know about ARL" you dont give a canned answer thats the same as every other applicant, when i worked for ARL and was interviewing people tend to stand out more when they say something a bit unexpected and different from the norm as we often hear people rattling off stuff they have memorised from the internet :) Dont go overboard just a little bit of info thats not the common stuff that everybody says.
Hi there, can you give an example of something, as I am struggling to find something different?

F40sspider

Applied mid November stil not heard. Is this normal. Usually this length timeframe wise?

I've sent emails. Just get generic responses from their HR

Theooboy

Applied mid November stil not heard. Is this normal. Usually this length timeframe wise?

I've sent emails. Just get generic responses from their HR
I waited 5 months before I got a invite to stage 1 I was quite surprised once I got the email hopefully they let you know something :)

vitesse

Hi there, can you give an example of something, as I am struggling to find something different?

Everyone without fail gives the routes, depot locations etc and it all used to get quite samey. Different stuff like introduction of 710's, barking riverside extension, that DB are the parent company and what other franchioses they operate, it goes a long way to showing you've done your homework on the company.

Theooboy

If possible can someone break down the salary - training 1st 2nd 3rd year etc please

SGD5891

Hey guys,
New member here, just signed up really to say thank you to the people in this thread as well as many others in this forum.
Drawing from all the experience and advice dotted over this forum I've managed to secure a place driving with Overground and will hopefully meet some of you on the training course in April.
For everyone else still trying for the job or waiting on results, don't give up and I wish you all the best of luck.
G
well done, I've passed stage 1 at Swiss Cottage few weeks back, got my stage 2 next Tuesday in Watford. Really looking forward to it, but have heard its quite brutal in the sense that you only carry onto the next test if you pass etc....

SGD5891

4 months since I sent the application and still nothing heard :(
I applied last year November 14th last year and 1st I heard back for stage 1 assessment was 30th April this year, so keep a positive head on it mate, they might not have got to your application yet....

SGD5891

Was the DMI included on the first day or like they said in the email.. just 2 concentration tests and an SJT?
Many thanks
had my stage 1 assessment day 2 weeks ago, testing went like this

1. Group Bourdon Tests (Dots)
2. Situational Judgement Test
3. Tea Occ (Symbols and Counting Beeps)
4. Driver Fault Finding Test

:D

Grimsy

If possible can someone break down the salary - training 1st 2nd 3rd year etc please

Training lasts about 9 months and you're on £29k.
First year salary is about £47k and then it's full salary after that, currently about £63k.

For some people the training salary might be a step down from what they're currently on but it's 100% worth it.

Theooboy

Training lasts about 9 months and you're on £29k.
First year salary is about £47k and then it's full salary after that, currently about £63k.

For some people the training salary might be a step down from what they're currently on but it's 100% worth it.
Thanks for the info are you currently a driver for ARL ?

Theooboy

well done, I've passed stage 1 at Swiss Cottage few weeks back, got my stage 2 next Tuesday in Watford. Really looking forward to it, but have heard its quite brutal in the sense that you only carry onto the next test if you pass etc....
I wouldn’t say brutal , if you prepare yourself you will be fine the tests are not hard main thing is you understand what your doing and yes if you fail you get sent home

SGD5891

I wouldn’t say brutal , if you prepare yourself you will be fine the tests are not hard main thing is you understand what your doing and yes if you fail you get sent home
have you already passed stage 2?

SGD5891

Yeah I passed stage 2 last month
ok mate, Thanks. I feel confident with the psychometrics, only so much you can do at home, just have to nail it on the day. the only thing that slightly worries me is the MMI. I have seen on another thread that its more or less the same questions, but seen as you have done it, can you remember if it was the same 6 questions OR was it any 6 questions out of a list of questions that I have added in the photos.....

<:D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 06.52.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 06.52.14.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 06.56.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 06.56.35.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.