• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

East1991

Mate I’ve got my MMI on Tuesday I really don’t no what to expect. What type of questions etc..

baz962

Established Member
The mmi and dmi are essentially the same, both ask structured questions, such as tell us a time you dealt with an emergency etc. Some toc's ask more questions than others. The main difference is mmi is part of psychometric testing, dmi is not, mmi has two strikes, dmi not, and in dmi you will also get asked what you know about the company, and why you want to be a train driver.

Ash7

All gone quiet on here! Anyone have any useful tips/info regarding stage 2 of process?
Thanks in advance

CatchMeIfUCan

I’ve applied back in Nov 2017 still no progress email from them. Rang on Friday and again lady over the phone said it can take minimum 4 months. Not helpful whatsoever.

Ash7

Wow that is long. I thought I had waited a long time when I saw others were getting contracts and I hadn't heard anything. Don't give up of hearing anything yet catchmeifucan they are clearly going through it in waves.

Rmh123

Wow that is long. I thought I had waited a long time when I saw others were getting contracts and I hadn't heard anything. Don't give up of hearing anything yet catchmeifucan they are clearly going through it in waves.
I have my medical booked in but no contract or medical letter as of yet I'm due for a medical on friday

baz962

Established Member
I have my medical booked in but no contract or medical letter as of yet I'm due for a medical on friday

Afternoon r, i got my contract before my medical, but after dbs and references.

Ash7

Any of you chaps have any tips or advice for stage 2? I have it on Tuesday.

baz962

Established Member
Any of you chaps have any tips or advice for stage 2? I have it on Tuesday.

To be honest mate , my stage two was different to what you are doing, and i only really practised group bourdon, and dfft.

baz962

Established Member
Thing is ash, like you i asked on here a lot, but it really does not help, i got the same practice material as you. As for mmi, they ask six questions,tell us a time etc, but the answers have to be real examples that happened to you. There is not much more i can say. If you want to ask a specific question i can try to answer . You have to know tho, they want you to pass, they are not trying to trip you up. What they told you will happen, is what will happen on your day.

Ash7

Ok baz thanks for that, in the mmi tell us a time when you..... ? Does it have to be a specific day or can you say well I do or go through this every day in my current role?
Also is it just 1 interviewer? And is that interviewer the person who was the invigilator for that day?
Thanks for taking the time.

baz962

Established Member
I had one interviewer, and i did say everyday in my current role as an answer to questions in both the mmi and dmi.

Lem

Ok baz thanks for that, in the mmi tell us a time when you..... ? Does it have to be a specific day or can you say well I do or go through this every day in my current role?
Also is it just 1 interviewer? And is that interviewer the person who was the invigilator for that day?
Thanks for taking the time.

You will have to give scenarios that you've been through, you can't just say I do this everyday... they will want a specific time, what you did, how it made you feel. Depending on how many people there are to interview there will be several interviewers but you only have one.

baz962

Established Member
You will have to give scenarios that you've been through, you can't just say I do this everyday... they will want a specific time, what you did, how it made you feel. Depending on how many people there are to interview there will be several interviewers but you only have one.

I disagree , although you probably cant do it for every question, i did it for at least two.

Ash7

I understand before the mmi your given a paper with the questions you are going to be asked and you are to write a v brief description of your answer. Could you pls tell me how long you are given for this?

baz962

Established Member
I understand before the mmi your given a paper with the questions you are going to be asked and you are to write a v brief description of your answer. Could you pls tell me how long you are given for this?

Now you got me, i cant remember how long, it is tho literally a quick line , rather than an essay.

Lem

Follow the STAR method (Situation Task Action Result) and you will have a good chance. Think it was 5 minutes for the pre-interview questions but don't quote me on that.

Joe Spice

The Vacancy has been re-advertised...

Maybe they didn't find what they were looking for...

rwalk365

Interesting, I’ve not heard anything back at all, wondering if it’s because I live about an hour away. Thought it was worth a shot

RedAurora

That is interesting. How long until those of us who got binned from the Nov 17 application can try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.