• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW/Keolis Amey Wales stock shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick Ashwell

Will they bother giving the 153s arriving PRM mods this year or will they use them as needed now and then next year just attach them to 150s to strengthen services until they get modded long term?

Parallel

Established Member
Another thing odd about TfW JourneyCheck is if a train is part cancelled and a bus is planned to take over, it is still shown as a through service on JourneyCheck. Surely it should be the train terminating earlier and an additional bus service as separate entries?

Call me skeptical, but when I was most recently at Cardiff Central, no automated announcements were made for cancelled or delayed trains despite there being some. Everywhere else plays them so have they been silenced deliberately..? Maybe I’m overthinking it but it really wouldn’t surprise me.

The general impression is this isn’t a very transparent franchise so far... But with the WG so heavily invested, did we expect anything better?

anamyd

On Moderation
Will they bother giving the 153s arriving PRM mods this year or will they use them as needed now and then next year just attach them to 150s to strengthen services until they get modded long term?
they will still need to be PRM modded to continue service in 2020 either way, with or without toilets, and they are 13 of the 63 units that need to be done in the next 10 months... how, I'd love to know!

mde

For clarity (if a bit off topic in this thread), the NRM has designated 1x 142, not necessarily 142001. They will obviously be looking for the one that will require the least amount of money to get up to a standard for display.
There are two designations showing on the list - row 796 shows a listing for "Diesel Multiple Unit Class 142" being added in 2013 as a class designation; but, row 907, added in 2016, specifically states "Class 142 Diesel Multiple Unit 142 001".

The latest copy of the designation list from the Railway Heritage Designation Advisory Board can be found at: https://group.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about-us/railway-heritage-designation-advisory-board/

anamyd

On Moderation
158-836 is now in service with PRM mods, seen on the 24/2/19 on the 2130 Aberystwyth-Machynlleth. 9 TfW 158s PRM modded, 15 to go.

anamyd

On Moderation
150284 is now back in service in blue livery. That should ease the stock shortages in the valley a bit! Only 34? 150 units to go now.
not really "only 34", and with 15 unmodified 158s remaining, plus supposedly all what-will-be 13 153s also staying until 2023 according to two people who told me, that's 62 units to be PRM modified in now less than 10 months, which surely is impossible?!

Neen Sollars

Class 769 Flex unit for delivery to Cardiff Canton was due to be loco hauled from Brush Loughborough today. Apparently the drag loco turned up but the run was cancelled at the last minute.

anamyd

On Moderation
Class 769 Flex unit for delivery to Cardiff Canton was due to be loco hauled from Brush Loughborough today. Apparently the drag loco turned up but the run was cancelled at the last minute.
wow, that means it should hopefully re-run there though!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Somebody tweeting on an early morning Maesteg worked by one of the PRM 150s complaining about seats being reduced during the process at a time when more capacity is required.

anamyd

On Moderation
Somebody tweeting on an early morning Maesteg worked by one of the PRM 150s complaining about seats being reduced during the process at a time when more capacity is required.
even though the reduced capacity is only temporary until the 769s arrive, which judging by an attempted delivery of the first unit, should be soon...?

rich.davies

I've seen on Twitter that a refurbed 150 was on the Wrexham to Bidston line today. The person put 52285 as the unit number but that doesn't seem right to me.

Established Member
I've seen on Twitter that a refurbed 150 was on the Wrexham to Bidston line today. The person put 52285 as the unit number but that doesn't seem right to me.

That's the carriage number (for example, on Sprinters these are 52/57xxx numbers), and as 158820 said it's a part of 150285.

Cardiff123

Established Member
The glacial rate of progress on the 150 PRM mods is very worrying. Obviously they won't admit to it publicly until the last minute, but I really do hope TfW have a realistic contingency plan in place for how they'll keep services running behind 1st January next year when inevitably all the 150s are not fully modified in time.

Of course as multiple TOCs are facing similar PRM woes, although I doubt any are on the scale of TfW's, the most sensible option is for the govt to move the PRM deadline back by 6-12 months. Whether the DfT will do that with the current state of crisis the govt is in is doubtful.

Last edited:

sd0733

Established Member
Including the 150s due from WMT, Northern have 83 diesel units (and if the 323s stay, 17 electric units) which need PRM modifications.
EMT also faces woe with a lot of 153s and HSTs. Theres no way nothing can happen and large areas are left with no trains in 10 months time.

sd0733

Established Member
Unsure why its there but 3-car 175105 is currently in the yard at Alstom Widnes.
Never seen anything other than 390s there.

anthony263

Established Member
Hopefully whatever problems which prevented 769002 from leaving Loughborough can be sorted so it can be delivered to canton

sw1ller

Established Member
and power sockets I believe.

They already have 1! How many more do they need? :p

(Only saying this because after a fair few years of driving them, I’ve only just found out where it is in the saloon!!)

anamyd

On Moderation

(Only saying this because after a fair few years of driving them, I’ve only just found out where it is in the saloon!!)
oh fair enough :)

craigybagel

Established Member

2 actually - but the location of the one in Coach A is a state secret :p

Status
Not open for further replies.