• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Loco Hauled set

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The Manchester to North Wales service now has 67010 with the LHCS.
67010 is reported to be the last of the class to visit North Wales, the other 29 having been reported at some time.

Disrupted today due derailment at Ordsall Lane

EDIT:- Now running through normally. Derailment cleared

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Does anyone know which 67 was on the WAG last night please? I know it was 67022 in the morning, so I'd guess that worked back North in the evening, but does anyone know for sure?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Problems tonight. Start first by explaining that 1W96 1716 WAG Cardiff to Holyhead cancelled tonight due to traincrew member not available as result of late running of other services. Loco 67003 and stock arranged to work 1W97 1645 Llanelli to Chester extended to Holyhead forward from Cardiff in lieu. However, got to Marshfield and blew up due to loss of power. DB 66 commandeered to assist on rear and push to Newport and terminate. However, RTT indicates it was brought back to Cardiff, arriving back at 2039, some 2 hours 18 minutes after leaving.

Penmorfa

Problems tonight. Start first by explaining that 1W96 1716 WAG Cardiff to Holyhead cancelled tonight due to traincrew member not available as result of late running of other services. Loco 67003 and stock arranged to work 1W97 1645 Llanelli to Chester extended to Holyhead forward from Cardiff in lieu. However, got to Marshfield and blew up due to loss of power. DB 66 commandeered to assist on rear and push to Newport and terminate. However, RTT indicates it was brought back to Cardiff, arriving back at 2039, some 2 hours 18 minutes after leaving.

Working covered by a 3 car 175, on N Wales coast anyway

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
There is a Saturday diagram out today on the North Wales Coast, 67022 and Manchester Set.

1T01 0941 Crewe - Llandudno.
1T02 1128 Llandudno - Crewe.
1T03 1345 Crewe - Holyhead.
1T04 1639 Holyhead - Crew

Last edited:

MatthewRead

On Moderation
There is a Saturday diagram out today on the North Wales Coast, 67022 and Manchester Set.

1T01 0941 Crewe - Llandudno.
1T02 1128 Llandudno - Crewe.
1T03 1345 Crewe - Holyhead.
1T04 1639 Holyhead - Crew

Must no let my friend know he wants to spend a weekend in Holyhead.

pemma

Veteran Member
I didn't know anyone visited Holyhead to see the place - I thought they just went there to catch ferries to Ireland.

berneyarms

Established Member
Aside from using it as a base for exploring Anglesey, I can't think why anyone would want to spend an extended period in Holyhead - Bangor would be a far nicer option.

krus_aragon

Established Member
Aside from using it as a base for exploring Anglesey, I can't think why anyone would want to spend an extended period in Holyhead - Bangor would be a far nicer option.

There's a little bit in Holyhead to attract tourists: the Roman Fort, Maritime Muesum, nearby Holyhead Mountain and South Stack Lighthouse. Not much to fill a whole week, admittedly.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

TBH Bangor isn't super-nice either. I'd go into Snowdonia if you want somewhere actually pleasant, or even Llandudno isn't too bad. Most of the rest of the North Wales Coast is a bit of a dive.

Starmill

Veteran Member
There's a little bit in Holyhead to attract tourists: the Roman Fort, Maritime Muesum, nearby Holyhead Mountain and South Stack Lighthouse. Not much to fill a whole week, admittedly.

And Trearddur Bay, Four Mile Bridge and Penrhos are all very nice. Probably not enough to fill more than an afternoon, but...

gazthomas

Established Member
TBH Bangor isn't super-nice either. I'd go into Snowdonia if you want somewhere actually pleasant, or even Llandudno isn't too bad. Most of the rest of the North Wales Coast is a bit of a dive.

I think that's a bit of a generalisation - yes, places like Rhyl are awful but to include somewhere like Conwy as dive is so wrong!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
After working the Manchester ATW Loco Hauled continuously, apart from a couple of DMU substitutions, daily since May, 67022 has handed over the reins to 67018 today.

Iskra

Established Member
After working the Manchester ATW Loco Hauled continuously, apart from a couple of DMU substitutions, daily since May, 67022 has handed over the reins to 67018 today.

That's convenient, I'm booked on it next week and I've already had 022 at least twice this year. I believe 018 is a winner from the top of my head. Touch-wood it doesn't fail now.

YorkshireLass

Morning all. Any idea what’s happened to the North Wales LHCS this week? We had 2x cl.150 yesterday and and single 3-car 175 this morning which is a little cosy given the Northern strike today. Many thanks!

Established Member
Well last week they put 67xxx through the wash at Canton with the cab doors open and flooded all the electrics, so that hasn't helped

YorkshireLass

Thanks for your response. I can’t imagine that will have done it much good! Do ATW have any spare 67’s or are they leasing them on rotation?

To add to today’s fun our 175 has come to a halt near Eccles due to an ‘unexpected application of the brakes’. No idea how long we’ll be here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.