• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RadioFlyer2

I had mine today, the fella from TFW was really easy to talk to as was the girl from the recruitment team. They give loads of time for you to answer so try and say as much as you can in response to what they are asking without waffling. Pretty similar to the telephone interview just more in depth and more questions about past experience in relation to train driving. Good luck everyone I don't think we will hear back for at least a week but they did say they're looking to do assessment centre around 19th Nov and week prior and expects to be sending successful candidates from these interviews to that so can't imagine results will be too long away... thinking positive thoughts!

GLENMAYE77

I had mine today, the fella from TFW was really easy to talk to as was the girl from the recruitment team. They give loads of time for you to answer so try and say as much as you can in response to what they are asking without waffling. Pretty similar to the telephone interview just more in depth and more questions about past experience in relation to train driving. Good luck everyone I don't think we will hear back for at least a week but they did say they're looking to do assessment centre around 19th Nov and week prior and expects to be sending successful candidates from these interviews to that so can't imagine results will be too long away... thinking positive thoughts!

Said the same on my interview this morning.
Glad to get it over early at 10am

RadioFlyer2

Said the same on my interview this morning.
Glad to get it over early at 10am
You must have walked in as I walked out, mine finished at about 9.50 I was first up I was so glad to get it out the way early doors.

How did you feel it went, ok?

GLENMAYE77

You must have walked in as I walked out, mine finished at about 9.50 I was first up I was so glad to get it out the way early doors.

How did you feel it went, ok?

I think it did.....had Gary (DM) & Kate (HR).
Don’t think I waffled too much, but who knows. Both very friendly and made me feel at ease.

How was yours?
Which depot have you gone for?

RadioFlyer2

I think it did.....had Gary (DM) & Kate (HR).
Don’t think I waffled too much, but who knows.

How was yours?
Which depot have you gone for?

Yeah I had Gary and Kate, both were sound!

It's always hard to tell isn't it I came out happy like I feel like I did and said everything that I wanted to but who knows if I have done enough. You can only hope can't you.

I've opted for Chester as a first preference and Crewe as a second option if needed.

Where have you gone for?

choo choo 1

Hi guys, I had my interview yesterday too. Did they give any indication how long until were put out of our misery ?

RadioFlyer2

Hi guys, I had my interview yesterday too. Did they give any indication how long until were put out of our misery ?

Well we got the results of the telephone interview a week later didn't we so I'm just gonna go by that. I reckon we will know by Mon Tue next week hopefully!

richfoz84

Had my interview today. They said they are wanting to confirm candidates for the next step by Friday but it’s likely to be early next week in reality

choo choo 1

New member here, any Holyhead Candidates? Anyone heard the location of next course I.e Cardiff or Chester ?

GLENMAYE77

Yeah I had Gary and Kate, both were sound!

It's always hard to tell isn't it I came out happy like I feel like I did and said everything that I wanted to but who knows if I have done enough. You can only hope can't you.

I've opted for Chester as a first preference and Crewe as a second option if needed.

Where have you gone for?

Was Chester an option?
I never saw an advert for Chester?

richfoz84

My first application was for Chester, which I didn’t pass the sift. Reapplies 2 months later for Crewe. Maybe they might allow you To choose Chester, worth a call i’d Say!

sw1ller

Established Member
When I applied I asked for only one depot, but during the interview I was asked if I’d be happy to be placed at another station just over an hour away. Edging my bets I agreed and got the job.

choo choo 1

good luck out of interest did you give your passport picture in ?

GLENMAYE77

My first application was for Chester, which I didn’t pass the sift. Reapplies 2 months later for Crewe. Maybe they might allow you To choose Chester, worth a call i’d Say!

I didn’t pass the Chester interview in the summer but like yourself reapplies for the Crewe one, if Chester is an option now then I’d prefer there.

RadioFlyer2

I didn’t pass the Chester interview in the summer but like yourself reapplies for the Crewe one, if Chester is an option now then I’d prefer there.

Just to clarify I am not 100% sure Chester is an option as I say I didn't see it as a choice for Chester when I applied, I just asked for Chester to be considered as an option if there's any chance of going there?

Boxhead

Anybody heard any results from FTF interviews for Cardiff yet? Had mine last week, guessing wont hear anything until end of week now.

I had mine last week and they said they would email everyone the end of this week, which is today. I guess it'll be a weekend of waiting.
Anyone had any news? Is no news good news?

choo choo 1

It does seem to take ages for them to give responses doesn’t it? Soul destroying having to wait ...

RadioFlyer2

I know I'm sick of looking at my emails haha hopefully early next week. This whole forum goes on about how long the recruitment process is but to be fair in the grand scheme of things I think TFW have been quite quick getting us from application to telephone i/v then to i/v ready for assessment centre compared to other TOC's so hopefully we will get good news next week and crack on to the next stage (crossing everything). Considering the assessments are likely to be in 2/3 weeks id say things are ticking along quite quickly.

Leavesontrack

Well good luck all.

I suppose its got to be no news is good news??

what kind of questions did you guys ask in the interview?? Did anyone ask what the deal with the talent pool was?? How long could you be waiting etc

Last edited:

Fredytrains

I've been wondering about that myself. I recently passed the assessments with TfW and have gone into the talent pool - but no mention was made of whether the pass was standard or enhanced. I have no desire or intention to look to any other TOC of course, I'm very happy where I am - it's just a mixture of curiosity and pride really that has me wondering how well I did!
Hi there new to the forum , How difficult would you class the assessments craigybagel? Also what format was the assessments followed up , was it a 1 or 2 day assessments.

richfoz84

I asked about the daily routines / shift patterns / and about the training locations.

They said first 3 months is Chester, first intake is -January and anyone not in that goes into a talent pool but for their recruitment drive they would be trying to run two courses at once.

They also asked if I had holidays booked, I got the feeling that if you did, you would be put into the talent pool rather than starting on the first course as they can’t affors for anyone to miss any training.

sw1ller

Established Member
I asked about the daily routines / shift patterns / and about the training locations.

They said first 3 months is Chester, first intake is -January and anyone not in that goes into a talent pool but for their recruitment drive they would be trying to run two courses at once.

They also asked if I had holidays booked, I got the feeling that if you did, you would be put into the talent pool rather than starting on the first course as they can’t affors for anyone to miss any training.

No training course can accept holidays during the classroom phase, it’s just too impractical and you’d be too far behind. The holidays question is more than likely to see if you’re available for further testing.

richfoz84

No training course can accept holidays during the classroom phase, it’s just too impractical and you’d be too far behind. The holidays question is more than likely to see if you’re available for further testing.

The holiday question was for next year.. stated what you said above.. can’t afford anyone missing training especially classroom phase..
they asked me what suitable days / dates over the next few weeks for assessment stage in Cardiff..
sorry it wasn’t that clear from my end.

However, They will tell you what dates they will allow leave and the whole group will have the same time off so you get chance to have a break or go on holiday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.