• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Driver - Wolverhampton (17/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Punching Pick

Based on the webinar, they said they will start recruiting based on how many they take on in this batch. They were still trying to figure out where they want to recruit for, if they take on too many in this group they may not be able to take on more.

But from what I've heard from someone who works in Wolverhampton they need a lot more drivers so keep an eye out for when they post the roles.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Based on the webinar, they said they will start recruiting based on how many they take on in this batch. They were still trying to figure out where they want to recruit for, if they take on too many in this group they may not be able to take on more.

But from what I've heard from someone who works in Wolverhampton they need a lot more drivers so keep an eye out for when they post the roles.

Albagubrath

Forgive me. But does that mean 13 Sundays out of 52 weeks in the year? How long does it take to work the 30 lines - 30 weeks i presume? Just interested in how many Sundays in a year I would definately have to work if going over to Avanti? Cheers.
You wouldn’t definitely have to work any Sundays!! You could give all 13 of them away! Sundays are compulsory overtime but you will get drivers at your depot who will gladly take them off your hands!

Also if your leave and have a Sunday before your leave week you can choose to work it or 100% have it off even if you can’t get anyone to work it.

Efini92

Established Member
You wouldn’t definitely have to work any Sundays!! You could give all 13 of them away! Sundays are compulsory overtime but you will get drivers at your depot who will gladly take them off your hands!

Also if your leave and have a Sunday before your leave week you can choose to work it or 100% have it off even if you can’t get anyone to work it.
Sadly not the case at Wolves. Sundays are a struggle to get rid of.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
hi guys just wanted to ask if Avanti will be recruiting in June which is now for their Wolverhampton depot including Manchester and Liverpool but also possibly for Polmadie and Euston for apprentice train drivers during the rail strike?

Class2ldn

Why would they recruiting during a rail strike? It has no relevance to anything, nobody knows when they'll recruit again.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
Why would they recruiting during a rail strike? It has no relevance to anything, nobody knows when they'll recruit again.
Avanti said they’ll be recruiting in June for Wolverhampton and other depots too

I don't think the strike will any bearing when they are scheduled to do interviews personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Class2ldn

The strikes have nothing with do with recruitment, they may well be looking to take 20 drivers on but only they will know if and when

I just need to do the Group Bourdon which I thought would have been good enough standard already.

What's the difference between MMI and CBI?
Can I ask how many lines and omissions you were getting on practice and how many roughly you got on the day ?

Chookirwolv

Can I ask how many lines and omissions you were getting on practice and how many roughly you got on the day ?
I think the trick is to stay calm and accurate, don't panic as that's when mistakes are made.

Have u got an assessment day with avanti?

Not sure I did it years ago for another TOC but got to 3/4 down the page. They didn't tell me about omissions
Have you had your date yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.