• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchangelA

When I applied to another TOC a couple of years ago, a couple of weeks after passing the VSE and SJT, we were then invited to do the ‘stage 1 tests,, such as group bourdon, Driver fault finding test etc.
Did you ever have to do VSE again at assessment centre???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GG96LFC

Did you ever have to do VSE again at assessment centre???
Not that I can remember. There was one test (I think it was in Stage 2) which reminded me a little bit of the VSE, but no I don’t believe we ever officially did the VSE at the assessment centre. However this was a few years ago and a different TOC so things may be different for Avanti

ArchangelA

Not that I can remember. There was one test (I think it was in Stage 2) which reminded me a little bit of the VSE, but no I don’t believe we ever officially did the VSE at the assessment centre. However this was a few years ago and a different TOC so things may be different for Avanti
That VSE is evil! I hope not, and I'm sure that everyone else will agree ;)

Mb1234

Bottom of the email says assessment centre dates will be released soon and next stage is face to face assessment centre of your VSE M7SJT invite

Mb1234

Have some of you passed the SJT but failed the VSE been emailed? Also, when did you guys sit your test?

GG96LFC

That VSE is evil! I hope not, and I'm sure that everyone else will agree ;)
VSE was incredibly tough! I am confused because, of course I can only go by how well my memory serves me, but I feel like I made less errors on VSE this time and failed, but I definitely made more errors in my VSE with the other TOC but still passed. I’ve emailed OPC to see if they can help advise where I went wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if Avanti’s assessment score requirements are higher than most because I found the SJT way harder than any other SHT I have ever taken. Who knows, maybe it was the SJT I actually failed as opposed to VSE?

PChapM

Hi, I've just applied and I have got the "10 days" conformation email. But I couldn't find any information about what depot I was applying for, I just has the options of "A, B or C" and no reference to what depots they assigned to. I just went for A assuming it was Euston. Can anyone tell me where I have just
To everyone who made very few errors on the VSE and still failed like me, don’t beat yourself up about it too much. I previously passed the same VSE with another TOC 2 years ago despite making a similar amount of errors, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the minimum score to pass had been really high for Avanti due to the sheer number of people applying. Also I found Avanti’s SJT much, much harder than the one I passed with the other TOC.
I’m curious to know, did the people who failed receive the bad news email straight away? Or did it take a day or two to arrive? As soon as I finished the tests, I opened up my email and the email telling me I’d failed was already there waiting for me
I had just done mine today in the late afternoon. Got an failed email within a couple of minutes. I will email Avanti for feedback on my result as it would be good for future reference. Good luck to all thats waiting for your result. Wishing all see congratulations.

DriverGB

I completed the initial application on OPC. I was expecting a confirmation email to say I've applied which I haven't recieved and still haven't had generic email confirming whether I've passed or failed. I emailed opc on Monday and Wednesday and they replied saying the following.

Thanks for your email. Confirmation emails are not necessarily sent to you on completion of the online questionnaire. Once we have had the opportunity to review your application we will then inform you of the results.

I find it frustrating everyone one here has had a reply.

I'm not saying I'd get through because I know how hard the process is having not met enhanced standard last year for freightliner.

I feel like my application has slipped through the net, which sucks I just want to be put out of misery lol.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Just to confirm I've only completed the initial questionnaire.
I’m in the same boat mate, However I did speak to them and they said they couldn’t find my application

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Interestingly, has anyone got an invite to an assessment centre yet or been confirmed as fully passed on all and therefore waiting the invite to assessment centre?

GG96LFC

To everyone who failed and emailed the OPC to ask specifically what they failed on: Can I ask how long OPC took to respond to your email? I emailed them a few minutes after I did my tests because I received the email informing me I’d failed almost instantly. This was on Tuesday evening but I haven’t heard back yet

Dri22yDre

I'm confused, I worked out mu % as about 94.5 over all the vse but not had a rejection email.
I’ve not had a rejection email after completing the M7SJT & VSE on the Thursday 30th April @ 13:23pm. I’m guessing after reading people replies on the forum that I should expect a rejection email soon as I made a few genuine mistakes in the combined Track & Shape test but kept my cool to try regain composure until completion. I defo never got anywhere near 99% hahaha but as it was my 1st ever attempt I was happy with my performance as it could have been much worse.
Fingers crossed ayyy. I will update the forum on my decision when received.

Jaytrains

I’ve not had a rejection email after completing the M7SJT & VSE on the Thursday 30th April @ 13:23pm. I’m guessing after reading people replies on the forum that I should expect a rejection email soon as I made a few genuine mistakes in the combined Track & Shape test but kept my cool to try regain composure until completion. I defo never got anywhere near 99% hahaha but as it was my 1st ever attempt I was happy with my performance as it could have been much worse.
Fingers crossed ayyy. I will update the forum on my decision when received.

did you receive an email about receiving your results in 10 working days?

Jaytrains

Assuming it’s still the VSE etc you’re referring to, it’s not just Avanti, but any TOC or FOC which uses these tests as far as I remember.

so if you get an invite to the assessment centre u wont have to sit the sjt/vse again? After passing it online

Octopus28

Assuming it’s still the VSE etc you’re referring to, it’s not just Avanti, but any TOC or FOC which uses these tests as far as I remember.
No it was regarding the SJT for the original Avanti OPC application not the M7SJT or VSE

Stigy

Established Member
so if you get an invite to the assessment centre u wont have to sit the sjt/vse again? After passing it online
TOCs use several SJTs at different points in the process, but there’s only one VSE, which you do at home. Unless this has changed and they make you redo it under test conditions?

The next stage will be (or should be) the start of the psychometric testing.

Charliew24

WOW that test was extremely difficult in my opinion. I have done enhanced level test with London overground and that was harder IMO. Very intense and no practice material suitable to prep you for that.

Oh well on to the next lool

good luck all

Jaytrains

WOW that test was extremely difficult in my opinion. I have done enhanced level test with London overground and that was harder IMO. Very intense and no practice material suitable to prep you for that.

Oh well on to the next lool

good luck all
did overground send out a link for you to complete at home or did u complete it at the opc?

Octopus28

Why is it when you’re waiting on an important email (good or bad), you receive 10000 junk emails o_Oo_O

PChapM

I got a feedback on what part I'd failed on. I emailed Avanti yesterday evening after I'd done the vse/m7sjt. They said I had passed the vse but failed on m7sjt. I initially thought i failed the vse as the 3rd one was quite difficult.

Dri22yDre

I’d imagine it will be Monday now.
Ahhhhhh don’t say that lol now the days have gone past and I know it’s coming closer to D-Day my palms are constantly sweating hahah anytime I hear an email noise I literally get butterflies . Best of luck to everyone waiting for their results. I’m awaiting results for Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.