• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
09:30 for me today, due to roster hiccup I am actually having to do a full shift at work and have the interview in some down time. Fingers crossed all, as said above, a lot of people for not many jobs. The fact the jobs are far away, I think my personal circumstances may well work against me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonnyH

09:30 for me today, due to roster hiccup I am actually having to do a full shift at work and have the interview in some down time. Fingers crossed all, as said above, a lot of people for not many jobs. The fact the jobs are far away, I think my personal circumstances may well work against me.
Good luck buddy. Relax and enjoy it :)

mumrar

Established Member
Cheers, let's hope I gave them what they wanted. They said around end of June they should start notifying people if they have been successful or not. Then, it's going to be time to look at house-hunting as there's an EU directive aimed at reducing fatigue issues stating that for this type of role you need to live 45 minutes from your place of work - sadly HS2 won't have an Aylesbury station LOL.

Good luck to those who have had interviews, are awaiting them and are awaiting any further testing prior to it.

JonnyH

Cheers, let's hope I gave them what they wanted. They said around end of June they should start notifying people if they have been successful or not. Then, it's going to be time to look at house-hunting as there's an EU directive aimed at reducing fatigue issues stating that for this type of role you need to live 45 minutes from your place of work - sadly HS2 won't have an Aylesbury station LOL.

Good luck to those who have had interviews, are awaiting them and are awaiting any further testing prior to it.
Well done mate, I would also need to relocate if successful. Gave it my best shot and thought I'd done ok, now just quite a long while to wait for an answer! How did you feel yours went?

mumrar

Established Member
I feel it went well, managed to answer everything confidently and felt relaxed. I think I had good answers to some of the questions - just need to see if they agree, low odds from 70 or so to 6 vacancies.

JonnyH

Have any of the guys who did stage 2 over the last week or so heard back yet?

Sean1878

Just had an email from recruitment telling me I passed the Stage 2 assessments I took on Weds 10th May! They said they'll get back to me with a date for my DMI after a meeting next week. Absolutely delighted and surprised at how quick they got back to me after Stage 2! Wasn't expecting to hear for another couple of weeks at least ��

minty

Took Stage 2 Assessments on the 2nd, hadn't heard anything so emailed in on Wednesday. Still nothing, rang this morning to be told that the member of staff I had emailed has left the company and that she would email me the results shortly.

Email received informing me I had successfully passed Stage 2 and that they would be in contact shortly with a date for an interview! Buzzing!

JonnyH

Has anybody had a date through for interview yet? All seems to have gone very quiet! ??????

Sean1878

Still waiting for a date for my interview. Was told that there would be a HR meeting on 18th May and that we'd be notified of a date for the interview after this. Nothing yet though...

minty

I gave HR a ring late last week and they said they will be holding more interviews mid June

minty

Interview date confirmed this afternoon, will be in a couple of weeks. Email stated they are recruiting for vacancies at the Aylesbury and Marylebone depots.

Ihopeipass

Afternoon.

Have just had e-mail from HR giving me a date for DMI. States on e-mail will prioritise candidates who live within 45-60 minutes of Aylesbury or Marylebone depots. Has anyone who has already had their DMI and does not live with 45-60 minutes been told that if successful they will be placed into a talent pool. I don't live close enough to the depots and am not in a position to move house but don't want to miss an opportunity of an interview.

Komma

Just got my email,interview for 9.30 on the 15th June and on checking on AA route planner I live 39 minutes from Marylebone and 40 minutes from Aylesbury.

Max287

Afternoon.

Have just had e-mail from HR giving me a date for DMI. States on e-mail will prioritise candidates who live within 45-60 minutes of Aylesbury or Marylebone depots. Has anyone who has already had their DMI and does not live with 45-60 minutes been told that if successful they will be placed into a talent pool. I don't live close enough to the depots and am not in a position to move house but don't want to miss an opportunity of an interview.
I had my interview in May and live 2 hours away. I am able to relocate and was told this wasn't a problem, perhaps they have decided otherwise now though. If that's the case I would hope they would get emails out to notify people that they will not be considered. Also, I'd be a bit miffed that they had previously said it wasn't an issue! No mention of talent pools at my interview either.

Sean1878

Same here. Had my date through for 15th June. I'm 50 mins away from the Aylesbury depot.

Good luck everyone.

Afternoon.

They have no reason to make a talent pool from what I have heard. Their franchise commitment is 10 trainees a year and with loads of redundant freight drivers about they don't need more trainees.

JonnyH

Well done and good luck to you guys who have had interview dates through for June.

I'm in the same boat as a couple of other posters above; my interview was early in May, I don't live anywhere near the two locations mentioned but when they asked my preference I stated Aylesbury. I can easily relocate with no ties keeping me where I am other than my current job and they were happy with what I said at the time. Would be interesting to know where I now stand in their thinking (if they decided I was suitable of course).

Slightly concerned that I could now miss out based on my current address.

Well done and good luck to you guys who have had interview dates through for June.

I'm in the same boat as a couple of other posters above; my interview was early in May, I don't live anywhere near the two locations mentioned but when they asked my preference I stated Aylesbury. I can easily relocate with no ties keeping me where I am other than my current job and they were happy with what I said at the time. Would be interesting to know where I now stand in their thinking (if they decided I was suitable of course).

Slightly concerned that I could now miss out based on my current address.

The fact this has been included in this email tells me two things:
1. That any Banbury vacancies that existed initially have been filled from the first batch of interviews.
2. That a whole load of applicants (I know of two at least) turned up to the first interviews with no idea it was a relocation job if you were from Birmingham, indeed couldn't relocate, and the interviewers felt they were wasting their time. Now anyone who can't relocate getting this email probably won't turn up to the interview.

bILLOO

First batch as in May? Or interviews prior to this?

I also have no ties and said I could immediately relocate. We shall see!

12guard4

I believe all trainee positions are for Aylesbury and Marylebone regardless of when people had the DMI. Banbury has been filled with internals and potentially qualified

mumrar

Established Member
Just to clarify, I had one of the interviews in early May and was told I would be waiting until the end of June for a result - I do not believe there are any batches, just one big lot.

I was also only told Aylesbury or Marylebone vacancies at my interview, so I think the Banbury batch have been taken by the exisiting Banbury depot drivers who've been doing not much for the past year.

By the sounds of it, with the change of heart theyappear to have had regarding relocation, it's going to need folks outside the marylebone/aylesbury area to play a blinder at interview to stand any chance at all.

It does bring into focus the much discussed topic of relocation - yes there are risks employing a candidate who has to move, but uprooting does show an enhanced level of commitment and surely chiltern just want the best wherever they're from.

Finally regarding the two sets of interviews weeks apart. Yes, as mentioned above, probably "batches" was the wrong word, but undoubtedly after the first set the guys would have had a "wash-up" of all candidates and pools of 'possibles and probables' formed. This is where being in the second set of interviews will help as any positive impressions given will be fresher in the interviewers mind at the final wash-up.

12guard4

The interviews are scored and everyone will receive a mark, don't worry if you have had an interview early you will be given exactly the same opportunity.

JonnyH

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you who have had and are yet to have your DMI this week. Let us know how you get on ??????

mumrar

Established Member
Likewise, I've seen a few fellow candidates passing through Leamington to\from their interviews, one of today's said he was told 3-4 weeks for an answer, so it may appear that the "End of June" I was told in May has had to slip for one reason or another - most likely a shortage of suitable interviewers holding things up - that or the OPC testing.

About half way through the long wait, just want to know now as it's getting frustrating after having waited around 8 months to hear anything for the depot driver jobs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.