• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 350/1 refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sd0733

Established Member
Not according to LNR staff, 350/4 are for south WCML capacity as they will be replacing some 319s
I am LNR Staff and anyone that says it is wrong! There are diagrams on the Trent and south WCML which will go from 4 car to 8 car or 8 car to 12 car as well as replacing some 170s on peak Walsall workings to release DMUs for the Worcester line not as 319 replacement.

E6007

I am LNR Staff and anyone that says it is wrong! There are diagrams on the Trent and south WCML which will go from 4 car to 8 car or 8 car to 12 car as well as replacing some 170s on peak Walsall workings to release DMUs for the Worcester line not as 319 replacement.
Thank you!

RealTrains07

Established Member
Well not all your staff seem to have to same information.

Attachments

• E48D90FC-06F1-486F-8F98-AA067505CD2C.png
    E48D90FC-06F1-486F-8F98-AA067505CD2C.png
    221 KB · Views: 141

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I wouldn't necessarily believe everything that is posted by the Twitter team ( to be fair it isn't their job to have an in depth knowledge of future fleet changes)

Established Member
I’m not convinced what appears to basically be a deep clean, new seat cover and a few pointless TV screens constitutes being called a refurbishment anyway!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I’m not convinced what appears to basically be a deep clean, new seat cover and a few pointless TV screens constitutes being called a refurbishment anyway!

They don't need anything else (other than new base cushions which I expect they'll also get). This is a testament to the superb build quality of these units - definitely a good piece of premium German engineering of the best kind.

Established Member
They don't need anything else (other than new base cushions which I expect they'll also get). This is a testament to the superb build quality of these units - definitely a good piece of premium German engineering of the best kind.
Think your blinkers are a bit much. They’ve had to have major corrosion repair, suspension and air con are suspect on many units too. 105 has had “smelly” issues for many months to the point of being refused by drivers! WiFi that works more often and plug sockets would also be nice for a proper refurbishment which is promised rather than made do and mend. Reliability that isn’t leading to daily short forms would be a bonus too.

pt_mad

Established Member
Think your blinkers are a bit much. They’ve had to have major corrosion repair, suspension and air con are suspect on many units too. 105 has had “smelly” issues for many months to the point of being refused by drivers! WiFi that works more often and plug sockets would also be nice for a proper refurbishment which is promised rather than made do and mend. Reliability that isn’t leading to daily short forms would be a bonus too.
Are they not having plug sockets and/or USB charge points fitted at refurb?

sd0733

Established Member
350104 now returned to Kings Heath in undercoat, as I thought it might 350115 was dragged to Long Marston

RealTrains07

Established Member
Obviously not going to be in “the next 2 weeks” as LNR said

350/123 the first undercoat unit has had many issues with its doors. I was on it the other day and 3 sets of doors opened barely half way

59CosG95

Established Member
Obviously not going to be in “the next 2 weeks” as LNR said

350/123 the first undercoat unit has had many issues with its doors. I was on it the other day and 3 sets of doors opened barely half way
It's not always the wisest idea to take what the LNWR Twitter team says as gospel...

When a TOC says something refurb-related on social media, there's a ton of caveats to take into consideration - mechanical, electrical and staffing issues being a small number of those caveats.

RealTrains07

Established Member
It's not always the wisest idea to take what the LNWR Twitter team says as gospel...

When a TOC says something refurb-related on social media, there's a ton of caveats to take into consideration - mechanical, electrical and staffing issues being a small number of those caveats.
It would just be nice if an improvement would happen when they said it would happen

Silverlinky

Monday update.....

The unit which has completed its interior refurbishment (350115) is currently at Long Marston undergoing its corrosion repair and de-livery
The units which have undergone the corrosion repairs (both 350106 and 350123) are both at Bletchley TMD undergoing interior refurbishment.

Tentative plans for at least two of the three to be in service (in multiple) next week with some sort of low-key launch.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Monday update.....

The unit which has completed its interior refurbishment (350115) is currently at Long Marston undergoing its corrosion repair and de-livery
The units which have undergone the corrosion repairs (both 350106 and 350123) are both at Bletchley TMD undergoing interior refurbishment.

Tentative plans for at least two of the three to be in service (in multiple) next week with some sort of low-key launch.
Good to hear, didnt think we would near about the interior refurb for a while yet

Doesn’t surprise me they are launching in 8 car considering the timetable

Ash Bridge

Established Member

RealTrains07

Established Member
Just by chance I witnessed this earlier today passing southbound through platform 2 at Stockport just before 13:30.
I wonder why they or this 1 unit is transferring now??

LNR said they wouldnt be here till later this year after 397 entry which isnt due to start untill autumn??

James Kevill

I wonder why they or this 1 unit is transferring now??

LNR said they wouldnt be here till later this year after 397 entry which isnt due to start untill autumn??
Does it mean that the TPE vinyls will be removed and will be repainted into light grey with green doors and will be vinyled into LNR livery?

RealTrains07

Established Member
Does it mean that the TPE vinyls will be removed and will be repainted into light grey with green doors and will be vinyled into LNR livery?
Not sure, according to a user. As each 350/4 lease with TPE expires they will make their way down to Bletchley and Long Marston for corrosion works and refurbishment all done ready for entry into service in December so when they actually start vinyl removing and refurbishment straight away as units gradually arrive or wait until 350/1 work has made more progress mabye? Not sure

James Kevill

Not sure, according to a user. As each 350/4 lease with TPE expires they will make their way down to Bletchley and Long Marston for corrosion works and refurbishment all done ready for entry into service in December so when they actually start vinyl removing and refurbishment straight away as units gradually arrive or wait until 350/1 work has made more progress mabye? Not sure
Ok. So my guess that the 10 of Class 350/4 Desiros are being refurbished that look similar to 30 Class 350/1 Desiros like now before.

Status
Not open for further replies.