• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 436 :: Locos hauling passenger stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
I assume that this would also allow locos propelling passenger stock, as long as the loco at the rear is the principal focus? I'm thinking about the likes of 87s, 90s, 91s and W&S 67s here.

Jordy

Established Member
No, the rule was specified by the winner of the last competition. Lets not start that argument again :roll:

Lampshade

Established Member
There aren't any of these left now. I doubt they'd have been suited to hauling Mk3s anyway ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

Established Member
HST PC's are not locos? Dear oh dear...

For goodness sake, no-one is saying they are or aren't locos, they are excluded from this competition to prevent arguments, although it doesn't seem to be working.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Such a pointless argument, nobody is saying Class 43s are or are not locos, the previous winner chose this theme so they have the final say on what is isn't allowed.

This debate only ends up becoming a fishing trip for wind up merchants.

Digressing......what about test trains run by NR (obviously not the NMT!)

mumrar

Established Member
Digressing......what about test trains run by NR (obviously not the NMT!)

Well, at the time of the photo, ie it being a test train, it is no longer passenger stock, so I'd hazard a guess at no as the stock pictures is not for passenger use.

atomicdanny

steam traction count ?

I would assume that by locos it means any Steam / Diesel or Electric locomotive (since they are still locomotives). I have pictures for this but I'm not going to enter any more pictures since well I don't stand a chance against some of the brilliant ones that have been entered.

Last edited:

atomicdanny

Yes steam is allowed. Why aren't you entering any more atomicdanny?

A few reasons, although I've edited my post to sound a little more nicer though, my pictures aren't really good enough to compete with the brilliant pictures of everyone else mainly

GB

Established Member
As they say, "you have to be in it to win it". I'm not likly to win any comps but I do like it on the odd occassion where I do actually score some votes.

Multiple Unit

Indeed, you'll never win it if you stop entering!

Its the taking part that counts i havent had a=many votes for my photos entered but I still entre when I can and have summat that fits the subject and shall have a dig arroun to find summat for this weeks.

As for HSTs Class 390s , 222s , 220/1s 180s cls 90s etc are all clased as HSTs as well now thers an argument for you. lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.