• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 438 :: Voting

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.9%

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 3 7.3%

Votes: 12 29.3%

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
9 and 10 are the better shots there - but what is the huge yellow expanse underneath the cab on 10?

sprinterguy

Established Member
Sunlight reflecting off the trailing wheel frame. Number 10 is an absolutely fantastic photo, it's got my vote!

Railjet

I know nothing about photo-editing techniques, but number 10 just looks a bit too "photographic" for me. I think 9 looks more natural - great pic.

Could someone (not the author) tell me where number 1 was taken?

GB

Established Member
The position number 10 was taken from could be seen as questionable, though I do like the picture.

odol

It was fight betwen 9 and 10 for me.
Finally went with 10 but 9 is really worth a look and it should be in the second place this week for me.

Can author of number 10 tell me (after competition of course) what camera was used, what settings, and what kind of filter or lens?

Teaboy1

Doncaster has quite a large presence this week........!
Some quite good 'uns of 66's for once but I cant possibly vote those over steam....
#10 yes very good, #8 retro and interesting..........Oh its hard to choose.....nope difficult but look at the colour in #4..........I feel an about-face-moment coming on............#4 and face the consequences later.........!!!

Bittern

Established Member
The orange glare (for lack of a better word) slightly detracts from no. 10 IMO; which is a shame because it's a very nice pic otherwise. Think I'll go with no. 9 as it supplies a very nice view of the loco.

Daimler

Established Member
My two favourite photos this week are Nos. 9 & 10. I'd have no reservations about going for No. 10 if it weren't for the bad luck of the orange glare on the loco - however, despite this, I still think it edges above No. 9 for me!

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to Swiss Toni

thumb_0268%2B00a.jpg

01 - Meridian richard
02 - steve 46010
03 - googolplex
04 - curly42
05 - 91107
06 - atomicdanny
07 - sprinterguy
08 - sellis89
09 - TGV
10 - Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni

The position number 10 was taken from could be seen as questionable, though I do like the picture.
Just to put the record straight the shot was taken from the crossing shown below.
I stood to the left of the telephone where as you can see from the angle of the fencing the ground drops away below track level.
By poking my lens through the fence I could get the desired low pov, all perfectly legal.

0192a.jpg

Can author of number 10 tell me (after competition of course) what camera was used, what settings, and what kind of filter or lens?
The camera used was a Canon 1D MkIII with a 70-200mm f/2.8L lens @ 78mm, 1/320sec @f/4 and 400 ISO.

No filter was needed as there was the most fantastic red sunset behind me as you can see from the reflections on the loco..............there were a lot of very happy shepherds that night. :lol:

Thanks to everyone that voted for me and glad you liked the shot.

TGV

Wow - thanks for all the votes. I liked No. 10 too - great shot sir! My shot (the freightliner 66) was not a planned shot as such. There was a nice summer thunderstorm brewing (as you can see) and I thought the clouds made for a dramatic backdrop. It would have been perfect timing if a fork of lightning had touched down as I took it!

For those interested, it was taken with a Canon EOS 7D - can't remember the settings - other than a smallish aperture to give some decent depth of field, but it wasn't filtered and there was no photoshoppery done - only converted from RAW and resized to post on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.