• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 528 :: Aerial shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I like to enter every competition, but I am going to struggle with this one... How far above ground is aerial? For instance, could it be from atop a building, or are we talking several feet up, such as towers etc?

Prodigy

Difficult one for me here though I will figure something out I hope

willig

Don't worry, on another thread it seems to have been watered down from Aerial shots to shots taken from above, including from overbridges.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hmm, this could be interesting. I think I've already decided on my entry, although I may wait until tomorrow to make up my mind, then choose after I update my RailMiles account.

EltonRoad

Personally I can't see the problem, at the end of the day people will vote for the best one, and that includes how well it fits the category.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yeah but these photos are moderated so if they don't fit into category, they will not be entered! :)

Jordy's usual response is if you don't think it fits the theme then don't vote for it.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Jordy's usual response is if you don't think it fits the theme then don't vote for it.

I do seem to remember that in the English Electric POTW in spring he allowed a photo of a plane through, and said what you said!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I have no plans to use this exceptionally poor image, but would this count as 'aerial'?

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 46

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Looks about as aerial as most of my choices for this round, I'm more spoilt for choice after yesterday's bash too!

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Today I decided to go and take some pictures for the first time ever while the Class 150s are still active in my town. I cycled to the railway line and took some shots using the camera attachment I have for my PSP. The picture quality isn't good as it's only 1MP but I am still pleased with my efforts. I shall put a picture in the competition but I doubt it'll win as the quality is so poor compared to others. It was hard enough getting the shot in the first place as the sun was shining onto the screen, obscuring my eyesight and preventing me from seeing what was in the frame - half of the pictures I took I've deleted as the picture was so bad. If anyone wants to see these shots I've just put them up on my profile (there's only three of them though).

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Today I decided to go and take some pictures for the first time ever while the Class 150s are still active in my town. I cycled to the railway line and took some shots using the camera attachment I have for my PSP. The picture quality isn't good as it's only 1MP but I am still pleased with my efforts. I shall put a picture in the competition but I doubt it'll win as the quality is so poor compared to others. It was hard enough getting the shot in the first place as the sun was shining onto the screen, obscuring my eyesight and preventing me from seeing what was in the frame - half of the pictures I took I've deleted as the picture was so bad. If anyone wants to see these shots I've just put them up on my profile (there's only three of them though).

Why not use your phone if the PSP gave such poor results? As I have said, try not to mention what you have taken and where it is - it can make your entry obvious, and this is meant to be an anonymous competition!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Too skint to get to it, let alone go on the thing!

Best get on with finding an entry for this really!

EDIT: Found an older photo than I was going to use, but I'm well chuffed with how this one came out so implusively going with it. About to enter it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.