• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker- another trainee driver thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMBO

Yes it is poor, but that is what driver recruitment is like, it drags on forever. Think what's happened too is quite a few at freightliner are jumping back to Schenker so maybe they were surprised and now think they can just poach qualified drivers? But then that just creates vacancies at the other FOC. End of the day all the FOCS are desperate for drivers now so I am sure you will get your chance at one of them. One door closes, another opens as they say .It may not be where you want but it's a start and in time get you closer to home.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

#1 driver

Ok , to play devils advocate , maybe DBS advertised for qualified drivers and got little or no response . Then advertised for trainees , then got some response from qualified/previously redundant/displaced drivers .

Dunno , just speculating .

Nick82

Hey guys, I have been away so I am a little out of the loop a little. Am I right in saying that from reading all these posts that all external applicants that applied for the Tyne Yard position, the vacancy has been with drawn for internal applicants already with DBS

Nick82

and what about those who have conducted assessments already, do they last 12 months

Deltic Dan

Had my managers interview today think went ok (hoping)

only got asked 5 questions and only 1 vacancy though.

But the assessments lasts up to 3 years if unsuccessful at managers interview.

Deltic Dan

I applied for Doncaster and Yorkshire and my interview was at Doncaster!

Was told i wouldn't find out till next thursday

don't know when the training will begin if successful

dapc

When I was told I passed the M interview that training would be in August. I was then asked if I can be on the May course but due to 2 weeks in Japan the day after they asked me, I wouldn't of had much time to do the medical and hand my notice in. So they said August but likely it will be brought forward to a unknown date.

387star

On Moderation
I know an ex southern conductor who was based at barnham now a trainee driver for db well done him!

LC_ON

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from the Westbury Depot positions?

It's been quite a while now and I've had no feedback from it.

RB5Bird

Nope, nothing yet. Was going to call them on Monday if still nothing as I am off up North for a couple of days, could even pick them up from Doncaster?!

Pompy

For those starting on 6th May well done and good luck.
Would anyone be able to confirm the training wage and how long the course takes .
Is there a probation period before you get a drivers wage ?
Thanks

Last edited:

haikarate

Salary Information

Trainee Salary
£21,230 per annum whilst training

Qualified Driver Operator Salary
£34,965 per annum once fully competent

Qualified Mainline Driver Salary
£43,708 per annum once fully competent

saracen

With the recent 3 year deal over pay and conditions, these figures have increased.

I don't have the exact amount at hand.

Pompy

Many thanks for the replies.
I guess that training will be somewhere around 23k.

Scaramanga

Training wage now £23800 I think. Course is 9 weeks classroom followed by approx 6 months of handling and route learning before qualifying. Although on full pay you are then classed as a post qualified driver with more ride alongs and downloads from managers for around 2 years.

RB5Bird

Joining Instructions arrived. Up to Doncaster for the Tuesday, then Toton for 10 weeks!
Not long now.

Status
Not open for further replies.