• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DM Interview - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0c0m0t1ve

Hi, seeing as the drivers have got their pay rise, does that mean trainee drivers will also receive the same increases to their salary?

According to the chart thing I saw the trainee wage will go from £23, 933 to £24, 711

But it seems that this has not been implemented yet and will be back dated.

My payslip still shows £23, 933 as the salary.

One driver I worked with still had the previous salary on his payslip too.

Apparently they have started using a fairly new system. Some drivers didn't pay any tax last month! :o

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A-driver

Established Member
I hope they keep it!

Apparently it's because Southeastern staff don't currently get it and they are trying to decide whether to make it fair by giving it to them or taking it away from everyone else

It's actually because it comes at a cost to FCC/GTR. No other goahead TOC gets it, it was just an FCC thing and it's unlikely it would be extended across the rest of GTR but confined to ex-FCC staff (they are not harmonising so easy to keep separate). FCC paid for it with a now illegal tax break.

Hi, seeing as the drivers have got their pay rise, does that mean trainee drivers will also receive the same increases to their salary?

Yep. Trainees are on 50% of qualified salary including pay rises. Back pay and pay rose SHOULD come in next pay round (2 weeks time). (Should being the important part as their new payroll system means you are lucky to get paid at all without muddying the water by asking for the correct rate!)

According to the chart thing I saw the trainee wage will go from £23, 933 to £24, 711

But it seems that this has not been implemented yet and will be back dated.

My payslip still shows £23, 933 as the salary.

One driver I worked with still had the previous salary on his payslip too.

Apparently they have started using a fairly new system. Some drivers didn't pay any tax last month! :o

They have lost the last bit of respect the driving grade had for them over this pay roll system fiasco. People didn't pay tax and payslips weren't available until up to 4 days after pay day in some locations so people couldn't check that the tax was correct. And not even an apology from the company. A lot of very peed off drivers at the moment as you find that you help them out by doing extra to make up for the shortfall of staff and don't even get paid for the extra hours you worked! Good will is certainly drying up over this at the moment.

48665 rising to 51k next April. Pay is backdated to April of this year.

51001. Don't forget the extra pound, that was probably an extra day round the negotiating table for that extra pound!

joeynova27

Amazing info thank you
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry one more random question.. I'm going to be based at King's cross. Do i work for Great Northern or Thameslink. And which routes will I operate!? Sorry for the newbie questions.

A-driver

Established Member
Amazing info thank you
Sorry one more random question.. I'm going to be based at King's cross. Do i work for Great Northern or Thameslink. And which routes will I operate!? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Kings x is GN and currently signs all traction and kings x-Cambridge via Hertford and Welwyn, Hitchin-Peterborough and Finsbury to Moorgate. The only bit you won't sign is kings Lynn to Cambridge. Kings cross work tends to be quite 313 heavy but that's a geographical thing. Further north you are based the more mainline and less suburban work you tend to get.

Obviously all this is definitely subject to change in the near future once the plan for the 700s and 377s has been finalised.

l0c0m0t1ve

People didn't pay tax and payslips weren't available until up to 4 days after pay day in some locations so people couldn't check that the tax was correct. And not even an apology from the company. A lot of very peed off drivers at the moment as you find that you help them out by doing extra to make up for the shortfall of staff and don't even get paid for the extra hours you worked! Good will is certainly drying up over this at the moment.

Yep! I kept checking everyday then eventually gave up!

Funnily enough I needed my payslip as proof of income for something! Typical eh!

Last edited:

D_york19

I've got my DM interview tomorrow and I must say, reading all these comments about it has massively helped calm my nerves. Cheers to everyone who's posted information!

donpoku

I've got my DM interview tomorrow and I must say, reading all these comments about it has massively helped calm my nerves. Cheers to everyone who's posted information!
Hi m8 which TOC is it and when did you do stage 2?

donpoku

Hi Donpoku. It's with GTR, I had my stage 2 assessment last Monday, so it's happened pretty quick.
Thanks which depot is it & have pm'd you.
Hi Donpoku. It's with GTR, I had my stage 2 assessment last Monday, so it's happened pretty quick.
Hi can you increase your forum post otherwise I can't pm you.
Hello buddy hire did it go, cab you pm me thanks.

sc804

Hi everyone, I have applied for the Three Bridges trainee positions back in August and have passed both my first stage, second stage and MMI back in October. I seem tobe getting no where when trying to get a date from HR for a DM interview, being told it'll be next week and when I call the lady hasn't even seemed to have made enquires regarding this.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who had applied and passed assesments at a similar time or that was in a similar position?

Many Thanks

westcoaster

Established Member
Hi everyone, I have applied for the Three Bridges trainee positions back in August and have passed both my first stage, second stage and MMI back in October. I seem tobe getting no where when trying to get a date from HR for a DM interview, being told it'll be next week and when I call the lady hasn't even seemed to have made enquires regarding this.

I was just wondering if there was anyone who had applied and passed assesments at a similar time or that was in a similar position?

Many Thanks

Hi, don't panic , not sure it will help, but I'm not sure on the opening date for drivers at TB, they still have not sorted out about qualified internal drivers yet.
Let alone trainee drivers , just keep calling and hopefully, it will not be to long a wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.