• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DM Interview - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr1323

That's the position my partner and I are in, ready to exchange and changing jobs midway through isn't ideal. So although I want to start yesterday it's probably best it's in Sept now. I'm in a pretty secure industry job anyway so no big rush

I know what you mean starting to think its a good job I have not started now feels like a lot is going on right at this moment and if the start date is in September gives us chance to settle in and be able to focus more on the role

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WDS2015

I know what you mean starting to think its a good job I have not started now feels like a lot is going on right at this moment and if the start date is in September gives us chance to settle in and be able to focus more on the role

The Sept start has suited me as I can now go on holiday before I start the new job

Result

Garyjames1701

For all of us that have just had the DMI and passed - Anyone had a date for a medical yet? I've had the email stating I've been successful but that they are working on allocating places for the fourthcoming courses, and that I am now in a 'talent pool'.

I'm hoping to be in by September but I've know people to be in the talent pool for a year before getting a job offer!

Wilko5816

I had my DMI the other day and found out I passed within about 2 hours. They booked me in for a medical straight away on the phone for 2 weeks time. Surprised they didn't do the same with you when you got told the good news!

Garyjames1701

I had my DMI the other day and found out I passed within about 2 hours. They booked me in for a medical straight away on the phone for 2 weeks time. Surprised they didn't do the same with you when you got told the good news!

Are you with Thameslink or Great Northern? I've applied for Great Northern....

Wilko5816

Well either I guess, hitchin, Bedford or kings cross. So a mixture of them both. I haven't specified nor have they.

Garyjames1701

Well either I guess, hitchin, Bedford or kings cross. So a mixture of them both. I haven't specified nor have they.

I think you'll either be one or the other, as when I spoke with HR they said that the GN courses weren't starting until September. I have applied for GN as opposed to Thameslink, I think that may explain why I'm yet to have a date for my medical. It seems the Thameslink side is being pushed through quicker, maybe due to increased demand with the Thameslink project...

Wilko5816

Quite possibly. I'm happy either way to be fair. I'll keep you updated though after my medical. Hopefully you get a medical date ASAP

Amex88

Same goes, I received my medical date within a few hours tbh. I stated also that either Kong's cross or Blackfriars would be fine. They didn't specify there and then which was the final outcome. Though I may find out after my medical.

Garyjames1701

So you'll be another Thameslink driver at Blackfriars. I've gone for Peterborough / Cambridge / Hitchin or Kings Cross. I've emailed them asking if it makes any difference, I'll have to see what happens but at least the hard parts are completed! Just a waiting game now...

WDS2015

I think you'll either be one or the other, as when I spoke with HR they said that the GN courses weren't starting until September. I have applied for GN as opposed to Thameslink, I think that may explain why I'm yet to have a date for my medical. It seems the Thameslink side is being pushed through quicker, maybe due to increased demand with the Thameslink project...

I was told completely the opposite to be honest that the GN routes were filled in June and July and September was starting on the TL routes .I've already had my medical and I'm just waiting for a start date for TL which I was told it will be in September. I haven't had any email about a talent pool either

WDS2015

How was your medical? How long are you there and what should I expect?

Medical lasted just over an hour
Mine was in London near kings cross station

Went in the following order
Hearing test
Heart monitor
Blood pressure
Wee test
Eyesight and colour blindness test
Review with Doctor

All done. You find out same day if you passed apart from the wee test for drugs etc

Garyjames1701

Hmm I'm getting a little concerned that everyone else has had phone calls and medical dates, and I'm in this talent pool! It's only been a week since my DMI so I'll just have to wait and see!

Garyjames1701

Which depot mate ?

Congrats
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

You haven't got a medical date yet ?

Nope! Had my DMI last Tuesday and I got this email the following day...

I am pleased to advise you that you have met the standard required by GTR to become a Trainee Train Driver and have therefore successfully passed all stages of the process.

At present we are working on allocating places on the forthcoming driver courses. and should you not be placed on one of these courses, please be assured that your details will be kept to fill forthcoming courses. As you are aware, we run a talent pool system and we are running a large number of courses in 2015.

Well done on your success to date and I will be in touch again shortly.

Garyjames1701

I was given a medical date the day after my DMI

As stated the only thing I can think of is because all of the depots I have requested are in the GN side....All you guys are on the Thameslink side. There must be some fellow Great Norherners here somewhere? ;)

WDS2015

Kings cross! Wanted Hitchin but was told there was another few months for that one.

Was hoping you were gonna say Bedford
Oh well looks like they are starting to plan dates for the TL route courses too

You must be excited

Bucko

I had my DM interview last Weds, with 2 ladies, 1 representing GN, 1 TL.

I received a phone call 3 hours later to say I was successful, and could they book me a medical asap. In the same call my medical was arranged for next Friday.

I then recd an email later that day stating the details of the medical, nothing about talent pools or what line I had been successful with.

I originally applied for Bedford and KX ( both TL ) but made it clear in the interview that I live equidistant between Bedford & Hitchin and it really didn't matter to me which line.

Last edited:

smudge67

I had my DM Interview last Thursday and was told the next day by phone that I was successful and have been booked in for my medical on the 23rd of this month.I had applied for Bedford & Kings Cross and was told that I would be selected for Bedford for a course starting September.Good luck to everyone waiting to hear and maybe see some of you guys at Bedford assuming all ok with the medical.

Garyjames1701

I had my DM Interview last Thursday and was told the next day by phone that I was successful and have been booked in for my medical on the 23rd of this month.I had applied for Bedford & Kings Cross and was told that I would be selected for Bedford for a course starting September.Good luck to everyone waiting to hear and maybe see some of you guys at Bedford assuming all ok with the medical.

Well done mate! So I'm still the only one in the talent pool!haha!

scaper28

Has anyone actually failed their DM interview in the latest round, seems like everyone has passed who have had theirs?

Garyjames1701

Has anyone actually failed their DM interview in the latest round, seems like everyone has passed who have had theirs?

I haven't heard of anyone failing yet mate. When's your DMI? You'll be fine by the way! :) Stuart the fireman from stage one passed yesterday and has his medical lined up.

joeynova27

My mate failed his Dm.

Had my medical and dm in January. But had a few holidays booked so had to wait. Anyone else starting September!?

Status
Not open for further replies.