• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drivers pay increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

red2005

Without being purposely rude to you but Im not sure that you can comment with such certainty about the role given you only joined 8 months ago* and should still be going through training so you wont have had time to bed in and realise just how mundane the job can be and I certainly dont think that on such a short period of time in the role you can criticise other drivers who have been doing it for a few years and more.

*I only remember your name from the recruitment thread and how desperate you were in wanting to become a driver.

that's the thing buddy i am not talking about a specific role!! i was a guard before for 7 years anyway so i do know what the shifts are!and the pro's and con's lol

and anyway i've not criticised anyone lol
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm glad you not clam, that would be shellfish of you. :D

ha!!! badda boom!!!!

Last edited:

21C101

Established Member
I didn't actually mean to start this thread (as can be seen on the first page), however I'm glad it did now. First time the subject (which is complex and interesting) seems to have been discussed without degenerating into a Flame war

Pollo

Virgin for example have one of the higher basic salaries but for that they've sold off a lot of their agreements such as Sunday being outside the working week

Virgin Drivers Sundays are still outside the working week. Working a Sunday is extra.

TDK

Established Member
Virgin Drivers Sundays are still outside the working week. Working a Sunday is extra.

From what I have heard not for much longer - I have read the VT terms and conditions for drivers and to me it seems that you sell your soul to the company for me no money is worth that!

Pollo

From what I have heard not for much longer - I have read the VT terms and conditions for drivers and to me it seems that you sell your soul to the company for me no money is worth that!

I'm afraid you've heard wrong. Latest offer( £5k to £7K) was thrown out at CC level before it even went to the Drivers.

Tell me what specific terms and conditions are you talking about. Then we can compare them to other TOCs.

TDK

Established Member
I'm afraid you've heard wrong. Latest offer( £5k to £7K) was thrown out at CC level before it even went to the Drivers.

Tell me what specific terms and conditions are you talking about. Then we can compare them to other TOCs.

Movement from spare is a good one to start with and also maximum shift hours is another

A-driver

Established Member
SE

Movement from spare (+/- 3hrs)

Maximum shift - (9hr 15min)

When you compare those kind of terms and conditions you see quickly how varied TOCs are and why the headline salary is far from what matters alone.

On FCC (or whatever we are being called today) movement from spare is +/-2 hours and max diagram length is 9hr54 (and it seems the majority of diagrams are 9hr30+.

FordFocus

3+/- hours spare movement
Max 10hrs

No movement after sheet has been posted without mutual consent and lots of money exchanged :p:p:p

Pollo

Movement from spare is a good one to start with and also maximum shift hours is another

The movement from spare can be a sore one. Max shift hours are 10 but proposal is to 8hr 45m max as per spare turn length.

Current RD's min 104 per year. If Sundays are to be part of the working week then it's 156 per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.