• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains - Depot Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydeezey

Ok I have received no letter only a partial practice booklet for the assessments (all but computer tests) The tests listed include the obsolete reaction and mechanical tests however the practice material is correct.

No accompanying letter so must have been an oversight

Will not be progressing as I have since been successful and put on hold for a mainline position

I'm in the same boat as you mate.

I only received the booklet and no accompanying letter.

I have since had a phone call inviting me to the interview stage.

I've completed all the assessments with my current TOC and EMT have informed me that it's not necessary to carry them out again .

But like you I have now been offered a mainline position with another company.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

coolcoolcool

Yep turns out I don't have to do the assessments again and I now have my formal interview on the 13th!

387star

On Moderation
I think the new assessments are more transparent than the old ones as it is simply pass fail or enhanced pass
Hopefully this marks the end of pointless retakes
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I don't think it has been taken out as I did when I did an assessment for Colas Rail back in 2013. All you'll be doing is the first set of assessments. Don't worry about the second stage or interviews. Focus on the first stage.

You should have received some practice material and this will cover everything that will be tested at stage 1.

Good luck.

The mechanical test is no longer there as the same page lists the dtg also now redundant

The EMT branded letter and practice materials are correct the cover page is rather dated

The old tests were still in use 2013

Since when did colas rail take on trainees ?

Last edited:

nick40uk

I think the new assessments are more transparent than the old ones as it is simply pass fail or enhanced pass
Hopefully this marks the end of pointless retakes

The mechanical test is no longer there as the same page lists the dtg also now redundant

The EMT branded letter and practice materials are correct the cover page is rather dated

The old tests were still in use 2013

Since when did colas rail take on trainees ?

They had an ad back in 2013 looking for trainee drivers for Westbury and Looe (is that right?) Junction. I went and did the first stage and passed but they had too many for the second stage so I didn't get any further.

Got a call from HR today and I've got an interview next Tuesday.

stevieoz

When did you all apply? I submitted an application on the 29th of December but heard nothing yet.??

Johncleesefan

so i just submitted an application, can anyone clarify, if u have passed all the assessment centres recently do they put u straight through to interview?

Geera

Lol thanks thanks stevieoz now I do sound thick!! Another question the dials test that I've heard about sounds a bit confusing does it just come down to different shaded zones in the dials with an order to check them in next to it I'm getting a bit confused with all this high and low numbers thing is there any practice material out there I can look at?

rchta455

Can I confirm that it's the two standard tests we have to do, and no interview at this stage? The letter is ambiguous when combined with the booklet...?
I've got a provisional "formal" (managers) interview the following week.

Raul_Duke

Does anyone know if EMT use the computer group bourdon test or the paper one?

Thankyou!!

ExRes

Established Member
I know I probably sound rather old fashioned but, why not assume and revise/practice on the basis that you will be tested on everything possible and then, if some tests are not used, it will turn out to be a bonus, but at least you will be able to cover all the bases on the day

I have to say that when I took my driver assessment in the 90s I was extremely grateful that I went in with an open mind and no pre-conceptions, there's no way you can be ambushed if you actually expect everything to be thrown at you

Rocombe11

Nice one thank u.

Did they phone u to arrange this or did u get a letter.
I haven't stated on my application that I have passed all assessments but will phone them if they invite me to stage 1

I would email them and tell them that you have already passed the tests, gets you through the door quicker, especially as they are accepting passes from other TOCs, no cost to them to eyeball you.

Last edited:

nick40uk

I've gone straight to interview as well.

Does anyone know if they do the stage 2 assessments in Derby or at OPC in Watford?

coolcoolcool

Nice one thank u.

Did they phone u to arrange this or did u get a letter.
I haven't stated on my application that I have passed all assessments but will phone them if they invite me to stage 1

like rocomb said! I just emailed them saying I had already done the tests and then they contacted the OPC to confirm. simples

Johncleesefan

Cheers fellas. I sent an email this morning to tell them I have recent passes. When are your interviews. I feel like I missed the boat already but handed my app in before closing date. I should of been quicker

treacletowner

Hi all,

I sent my application on the closing date Friday 9th Jan.

I received an email today from the recruitment team telling me they were dealing with 700+ applicants for the job!

Johncleesefan

Aye I got that email too. Seems really soon that stage 1 is in 2 days. No chance of making that considering they haven't accepted me yet. Hopefully go straight to interview though

Danastle1992

Extremely good luck to everyone that has interviews today, let us all know how you get on, I will be posting my experience later on and hopefully it's a good one!

rchta455

Yes good luck all. At least you don't have to do the assessments again... Stage 1 tomorrow.... Oh well!

rchta455

Well, all done. I'm pretty certain I've cocked up the GB test and the other bits seemed that easy - I must've buggered them up too!
Fingers crossed anyway. At least if the worst happens- I'll know what to expect next time.
Best wishes.

coolcoolcool

Had the interview for this. Apparently there is a course in March with a few spaces on and then the one after that is July

Status
Not open for further replies.