• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yellowbelly

Yes. It went really well. Or at least I think it did! We sat four tests that in total took around 3 hours from start to finish. We sat the group bourdon first followed by TRP 1 and 2 and finished with the tea occ.

Was this what you were expecting?

Yes. It went really well. Or at least I think it did! We sat four tests that in total took around 3 hours from start to finish. We sat the group bourdon first followed by TRP 1 and 2 and finished with the tea occ.

Was this what you were expecting?

Many thanks
Did they tell you straight away if your successful and did you do the GLOP memory test?

Yellowbelly

Many thanks
Did they tell you straight away if your successful and did you do the GLOP memory test?
No the assessor told us to expect our results within 5-10 days so hopefully by the end of next week. Yes the memory test was part of the assessment. This was multiple choice so not as difficult as I first imagined however, it doesn’t take away the need for practice and concentration.

I see. Did you find it difficult on the day? Or is that something you didn’t expect/struggle with?
I'm not sure if I'm worrying about it unnecessarily, I knew it was coming but with some of the answers being similar I keep thinking maybe maybe not!

Daly131

I feel it went okay... Time will tell. Good luck everyone! Managed at least 12 lines on all group bourdon which I was quite pleased with

Yellowbelly

I feel it went okay... Time will tell. Good luck everyone! Managed at least 12 lines on all group bourdon which I was quite pleased with
That coupled with no mistakes is an enhanced standard. So a National won’t be a problem. Well done. You’ve clearly been practising

DmdBey

That's me out the race guys. Got an email at 15:26 today saying I'd failed stage 1.

I've emailed OPC for some feedback.

Best of luck to everyone out there!

Yellowbelly

That's me out the race guys. Got an email at 15:26 today saying I'd failed stage 1.

Really sorry to hear that. If this is your first time trying don’t let it get you down too much (easier said then done I know) come back on the next intake and go again. I failed first time around and got straight back on the horse. This is what I want and I’m determined to get it.

On another note they’ve responded very quickly. When did you sit your test? I was yesterday and was told it won’t be till at least the end of next week.

DmdBey

Really sorry to hear that. If this is your first time trying don’t let it get you down too much (easier said then done I know) come back on the next intake and go again. I failed first time around and got straight back on the horse. This is what I want and I’m determined to get it.

On another note they’ve responded very quickly. When did you sit your test? I was yesterday and was told it won’t be till at least the end of next week.

It was my first time of trying. So I'll wait out the 6 months and jump back on it!

Not a nice email to receive. Gunna hold out for the feedback and hopefully it's not as bad as I'm imagining right now lol.

Tuesday. So a quick turnaround yo be fair.

Salesy

Sorry to hear that mate, I wish you all the best of luck for next time.

I’m nervous now because I also attended on Tuesday but haven’t heard either way yet.

Yellowbelly

It was my first time of trying. So I'll wait out the 6 months and jump back on it!

Not a nice email to receive. Gunna hold out for the feedback and hopefully it's not as bad as I'm imagining right now lol.

Tuesday. So a quick turnaround yo be fair.
Again mate horrible news. But that’s the right attitude to have. I can’t believe how quickly these six months have passed.

David Knight

I had an email regarding stage 2 as I’ve already successfully completed stage one and I believe the dates so far are 8th or 9th july? But she did say this is not confirmed as of yet. Hope this helps

Yellowbelly

Right Monday is nearly at a close and I still have yet to receive my email. Has anyone else heard anything from their tests yet?

Sam lyman

Just got the news I failed today, I stupidly joined all the dots together on the group bourdon like a dot to dot. I wondered how it was possible for people to finish it as it took me ages. I guess I should have listened more attentively. I can always have another go in 6 months and next time I won't make the same mistake. Good luck to you guys

Last edited:
Just got the news I failed today, I stupidly joined all the dots together on the group bourdon like a word search. I wondered how it was possible for people to finish it as it took me ages. I guess I should have listened more attentively. I can always have another go in 6 months and next time I won't make the same mistake. Good luck to you guys
Sorry to hear that. Which day did you attend the assessment?

Firestarter

Just got the news I failed today, I stupidly joined all the dots together on the group bourdon like a dot to dot. I wondered how it was possible for people to finish it as it took me ages. I guess I should have listened more attentively. I can always have another go in 6 months and next time I won't make the same mistake. Good luck to you guys

I can assure you nobody finished the Group Bourdon Test. Good luck for next time

Status
Not open for further replies.