• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotland East (Midland Bluebird and West Lothian operations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baileygirl

Any news on when service levels might increase from a Sunday service?

Seems to be alot of drivers jumping ship at the moment from Livingston.
more services from Monday. Pre Christmas times except 21 hourly full route, all X25 terminating at Livingston and 26A at Livingston North Station. Broxburn and Bathgate not being served respectively. A couple of early morning changes on X22.
Saw a few drivers being route learned in Livingston today also the trainer buses out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

more services from Monday. Pre Christmas times except 21 hourly full route, all X25 terminating at Livingston and 26A at Livingston North Station. Broxburn and Bathgate not being served respectively. A couple of early morning changes on X22.
Saw a few drivers being route learned in Livingston today also the trainer buses out.
Is the X24 getting fully suspended?

Got on an X10 tonight in Maryhill Road and paid for a single. The bus was a Scania single decker but the fleet number on the ticket machine was 33204.
Ticket machine not assigned to the bus and driver maybe just selecting at random when signing on the machine. Ticketer gives a list of fleet numbers you see when you sign on if it’s not been assigned to the vehicle already, when it’s been swapped out for instance.

Ticket machine not assigned to the bus and driver maybe just selecting at random when signing on the machine. Ticketer gives a list of fleet numbers you see when you sign on if it’s not been assigned to the vehicle already, when it’s been swapped out for instance.
I was thinking more along the lines of because Midland are getting this particular bus one of the Ex 75 branded E400 MMCs from Glasgow so might be all set up to be placed on to that bus when it eventually gets transferred cause I know it's still currently in use with Glasgow.

Baileygirl

I was thinking more along the lines of because Midland are getting this particular bus one of the Ex 75 branded E400 MMCs from Glasgow so might be all set up to be placed on to that bus when it eventually gets transferred cause I know it's still currently in use with Glasgow.
driver puts bus number into Ticketer machine at start of day during his sign on also when machine is changed over. The bus numbers are already there so it is possible to press the wrong number.

driver puts bus number into Ticketer machine at start of day during his sign on also when machine is changed over. The bus numbers are already there so it is possible to press the wrong number.
The machine's Bus fleet number is already synced into the machine. The bus was tracking as a decker as well hence why I mentioned it. The driver only puts their login details in the machine. I was a driver previously hence why I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baileygirl

The machines Bus fleet number is already synced into the machine, the bus was tracking as a decker as well hence why I mentioned, the driver only puts their login details in the machine, I was a driver previously hence why I know.
They must have updated that system at the Livingston Deans Depot as we certainly have to enter the number into the machine in the morning.

They must have updated that system at the Livingston Deans Depot as we certainly have to enter the number into the

They must have updated that system at the Livingston Deans Depot as we certainly have to enter the number into the machine in the morning.
The number is normally already synced to the machine. I've never had to type the bus fleet number into the machine when starting my duty as it's already in it's software. I can't see a driver mistaking 33204 for 65710 especially when one is a decker and the other a single.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, mates just sent me this, currently sat at caley depot.

Attachments

• 740FF39F-CEC1-42B3-A40F-A28DF184BB6F.jpeg
    740FF39F-CEC1-42B3-A40F-A28DF184BB6F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137

Cesarcollie

The number is normally already synced to the machine. I've never had to type the bus fleet number into the machine when starting my duty as it's already in it's software. I can't see a driver mistaking 33204 for 65710 especially when one is a decker and the other a single.

Ticketer can be programmed in either way. The company can choose to let the driver select the fleet number at start of duty, or it can be configured that only a supervisory function can amend fleet number by entering a code when a machine is moved between buses. In the former scenario, the driver can make an error. In the latter, the superviso/engineer can forget, and a driver is powerless to,change! So both options have their advantages and disadvantages !

39304 SN65 CVL has been painted into new Midland livery with a gold front and is being transferred to Balfron soon along with 39305 which is in the process of being painted so looks like the X10 is seeing some newer decker stock which is good, these are in good nick as well with USB charging points all still working in comparison to some of the Ex Glasgow ones where some have had to he replaced, noticing it more and more on all of Glasgow's E400MMCs where the USBs are all broken or bits of them hanging out. Some of the ex Glasgow E400MMCs may well replace the Unilink E400s. Wonder if these are more favourable over the other MMCs with these ones having a ZF box rather than a Voith like the rest.

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I have moved the timetables that were uploaded to this thread:

Lothianbus703

Hi, I just saw a coach driving through currie with "not in service" on the front destination display and 500 on the sides, I presume it's route Training, I have attached pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-130418-426.png
    Screenshot_20220124-130418-426.png
    539.8 KB · Views: 81

Bus Lightyear

I’ve just seen it at Falkirk retail park also..

I still feel sorry for those driving it, there very irritating to drive combined with the stop-start and door interlock.
I can only assume First had these features specified from manufacturers for fuel economy with regards to the stop-start and the door interlock is for safety reasons. The Wright Streetlite also has interlock. I don't know if any other operators ordered vehicles with said specifications but Stagecoach's Enviros do seem to pull away a wee bit more quickly than First's.

Status
Not open for further replies.