• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

341o2

Established Member
have found timings London - Salisbury but not to southampton and back

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rich5ltr

So on realtime Trains what would the abbreviation DD stand for with regards to the line? i.e. DM Down Main, RL relief Line, but DD?

Darandio

Established Member
Return journey should be.....

Attachments

• 1Z62.jpg
    1Z62.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

planetf1

Really? I thought it was leaving salisbury about 2pm via romsey southampton eastleigh chandlers ford romsey.... Oh and i guess salisbury so perhaps that is an extra middle segment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darandio

Established Member
Really? I thought it was leaving salisbury about 2pm via romsey southampton eastleigh chandlers ford romsey.... Oh and i guess salisbury so perhaps that is an extra middle segment?

Yeah, seems to be a middle segment from Salisbury (15:02 Dep) to Salisbury (17:35 Arr).

90 minutes to go from Reading to Paddington? That sounds unrealistic...

Realistic or not, that is what is in the system.

Last edited:

Nippy

So on realtime Trains what would the abbreviation DD stand for with regards to the line? i.e. DM Down Main, RL relief Line, but DD?

Don't know what DD is. Down the Down line could be an answer, but the DM through Maidenhead and Twyford isn't Bi-Di. Also it wasn't on the RL at Southall.

Rich5ltr

Don't know what DD is. Down the Down line could be an answer, but the DM through Maidenhead and Twyford isn't Bi-Di. Also it wasn't on the RL at Southall.
Thanks Nippy, it was on the Down Main at Maidenhead.

BestWestern

Established Member
Services Southampton - Salisbury now being delayed due to the usual reports of trespass; large crowds gathered en route. Presumably they're either very keen or unsure of the timings.

father_jack

Services Southampton - Salisbury now being delayed due to the usual reports of trespass; large crowds gathered en route. Presumably they're either very keen or unsure of the timings.
Clowns

Trespassers (between Dean and Dunbridge) update 1

A member of Network Rail staff is on-site at East Dean Foot Crossing and has managed to get a number of trespassers with camera equipment clear of the line and behind the boundary fence.

keefysher

Managed to get to Kimbridge, right on the level crossing barrier with a clear view.

Wife put the video on Facebook.

Going to attempt to get on an over footbridge later this evening as she returns toward London. Won't say where as don't want crowds!!

trainmania100

Established Member
Bought my ticket to go to Southampton central but got kicked off the station for some stupid reason
I have been to Southampton central many times and taken photographs however they had a different attitutude today.

As a last resort I went to Eastleigh where crowds lined the platforms and staff had megaphones

Rich5ltr

Clowns

Trespassers (between Dean and Dunbridge) update 1

A member of Network Rail staff is on-site at East Dean Foot Crossing and has managed to get a number of trespassers with camera equipment clear of the line and behind the boundary fence.
These guys really are a disgrace. There are so many places one can observe a train from the correct side of the fence that one can only assume these are people trying to get that special image that they hope to sell on one of the numerous photography web sites. Bad news...

BestWestern

Established Member
Bought my ticket to go to Southampton central but got kicked off the station for some stupid reason
I have been to Southampton central many times and taken photographs however they had a different attitutude today.

As a last resort I went to Eastleigh where crowds lined the platforms and staff had megaphones

There was crowding to potentially unsafe levels at stations this afternoon, and certainly impractical levels at the very least. Salisbury also had staff on crowd control, and every platform between there and So'ton was packed. Sadly, when coupled with the unsafe and plain idiotic behaviour of a number of attendees, decisions sometimes have to be made which are not to the photographer/spotter's advantage.

LeylandLen

I assume the trip Salisbury to Southampton and back was uneventful , arriving back in Salisbury 13 min early ! Should now have left Salisbury (1829) heading for Paddington !
When is her next tour , someone said Wednesday? ( not interested in any timings, just like to follow her journeys around the UK)

Last edited:

VEP3417

if possible its better to go to the smaller stations on the route or even find a good safe vantage point alone the route as bigger stations will obvously be more crowded, there was a nice little foot bridge i spotted just on the other side of southampton tunnle for instance, i bet that was empty and would have been a good vantage point

RobShipway

Established Member
It was busy on platform 1 this morning at Paddington. Some people where down the front of the platform, but later had to move down the platform as they were catching the train and Network Rail had only given about 2 - 5 minutes for the train to get loaded before departing.

planetf1

Here's my video from chandlers ford. No good side view just overhead

https://youtu.be/-P3WUNivhe8
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
People on track. Ugh. How stupid can you get...... Apparently parkway was good... A friend got a great shot there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.